Dak's future with the New York Giants? Trade possibility?

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Dak will reach FA status whichever way....

I am giving the only hypothetical way we even consider ridding of Dak. If we don't see anything in Lance, Dak is getting an extension. If we see something in Lance, Dak has zero leverage. He's gone. So he'd either be out of football for a year holding a clipboard or he goes to another team plays for a year and gets an extension from them or hits FA.

And all Dak has is failures in the playoffs. From an individual player standpoint, Dak has absolutely failed in crucial moments. You're off base here.
Do you think Dak wants to continue to be a member of the Dallas Cowboys? He wants to be a free agent. He has all the leverage he needs to get what he wants. He can’t possibly have anymore leverage. If it were not for Dak Prescott’s considerable efforts the Dallas Cowboys would have never been in any “crucial moments”. He’ll go to whatever team offers him the deal he likes the most and he’ll go when he’s ready, not when the Cowboys are ready. He may not have won that game against the Packers, but he’s going to win a lucrative contract to continue to play football in the NFL. And there is nothing Jerry Jones or any number of disgruntled ungrateful Cowboys fans can do about it.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Do you think Dak wants to continue to be a member of the Dallas Cowboys? He wants to be a free agent. He has all the leverage he needs to get what he wants. He can’t possibly have anymore leverage. If it were not for Dak Prescott’s considerable efforts the Dallas Cowboys would have never been in any “crucial moments”. He’ll go to whatever team offers him the deal he likes the most and he’ll go when he’s ready, not when the Cowboys are ready. He may not have won that game against the Packers, but he’s going to win a lucrative contract to continue to play football in the NFL. And there is nothing Jerry Jones or any number of disgruntled ungrateful Cowboys fans can do about it.
My hypothetical has nothing to do with the leverage he has now. And Dak will want to be a Cowboy as long as Jerry and Stephen want him to be.

GMO415

Reaction score
this is beyond wishful thinking...this is dilusional
Fish is on that shhhhh
I8uft8.gif

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Fish said at one point if they trade dak or let him walk they could have 100 mil in cap room for 2025.
And did he explain how we get to 100 mils of cap space exactly ? Or did he only throw silly numbers around he isnt able to verify?

Fish said it might be click bait, but it isnt his click bait , he is just reporting on the cb article.
Thats a real pathetic display even for the wanna be journalist fish is. Not to verify informations a journalist gets and then post it is a no go per se. But he even points with the finger to the one who gave the info. How low can you go ?

I mean copy and pasting URLs isnt that hard. Where is the value fish brings then?

The guy is one of the worst incarnations the new media has brought along.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Do you think Dak wants to continue to be a member of the Dallas Cowboys?
The guy already admitted it in an interview weeks ago. He does not care for whom he plays.

The guy is one of the worst characters on our team. Even DFlaw is not able to hold a candle to him.

He will play for whom he gets the most money from. He does not care about the colour of his jersey.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Ok this is Fish live at 6am show, he is talking about a article David Helman wrote on the giants being a good spot for dak, now or when he is a FA.
Fish says the cowboys need to get off the fence and trade him now, or pay him what he wants.

It is rare for a QB to go to a div rival , I doubt the jones would do this unless they got some good picks.
I might trade Dak for JOnes, and some picks like 2nd and lower, maybe next year or year after.

Jones might do good here, but I know a lot of zoners dont care for him.
Would you rather have Jones and some picks ? Or Dak and a big contract?
Jones could be a stop gap till they draft a new guy? It would be different and more exciting, than more years with dak.

Lets face it, they either get rid of Dak or sign him for 4-5 more years.
Fish said at one point if they trade dak or let him walk they could have 100 mil in cap room for 2025.
Dallas could do a lot with that if they were smart lol, some question as to if they are smart or not.

Anyway something to discuss, and the show was laid back and funny.
Fish said it might be click bait, but it isnt his click bait , he is just reporting on the cb article.

This is why people hate Dallas fans. They can not understand something as basic as a no trade clause. And they complain about Dak, yet somehow think bringing it absolute hot garbage at QB is a improvement.

csirl

Reaction score
Another story originating from Dak's publicists? Their attempt to prompt a trade to LV failed, so they"ve now moved onto NYG.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Ok this is Fish live at 6am show, he is talking about a article David Helman wrote on the giants being a good spot for dak, now or when he is a FA.
Fish says the cowboys need to get off the fence and trade him now, or pay him what he wants.

It is rare for a QB to go to a div rival , I doubt the jones would do this unless they got some good picks.
I might trade Dak for JOnes, and some picks like 2nd and lower, maybe next year or year after.

Jones might do good here, but I know a lot of zoners dont care for him.
Would you rather have Jones and some picks ? Or Dak and a big contract?
Jones could be a stop gap till they draft a new guy? It would be different and more exciting, than more years with dak.

Lets face it, they either get rid of Dak or sign him for 4-5 more years.
Dallas could do a lot with that if they were smart lol, some question as to if they are smart or not.

Anyway something to discuss, and the show was laid back and funny.

When was Dak's contract re-written that allows a trade?
Or is that just Fish talking out his trash?

plymkr

Reaction score
You bring up a good point. I think Dak’s #1 priority is to be a FA, #2 priority is to get 60 million APY, and 3rd priority is to be a Dallas Cowboy, maybe. If Dak wants to remain a Cowboy as #1 priority and Jerry wants to keep Dak no matter what then an extension would have been signed. There’s a chance Dak doesn’t want to be here and there’s a chance the Jones don’t want him here for what he’s asking and that’s the disconnect.

I don’t Fish much. He’s annoying. But this video he said a couple things that made sense. One thing he said was they should sit down with Dak and see what his price is and communicate to Dak and France what their maximum price is. If they don’t agree then let Dak seek out a trade and a contract he wants. So if Saints or Raiders are willing to make him the highest paid player in the league and we’re not, then let him explore that and if he finds an offer he wants than trade him.

The NTC doesn’t mean he can’t be traded. It just means he has to agree to the trade destination. I would rather see this scenario play out than Dak playing for us in 2024 with his mind made up he’s leaving or if the Jones’ mind is made up he’s leaving. That would be toxic for everyone involved.

csirl

Reaction score
It's not Dak's choice as to whether he stays. The team has to want him. This is complicated further by us not knowing who will be the HC in 2025. Either one or both of Dak and MM will be gone at the end of this season.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It would be amazing if Prescott went to another team. If there's one thing this franchise is great at, it's creating holes on your roster and then waiting for players to fall in your lap.

Chasing6

Reaction score
You bring up a good point. I think Dak’s #1 priority is to be a FA, #2 priority is to get 60 million APY, and 3rd priority is to be a Dallas Cowboy, maybe. If Dak wants to remain a Cowboy as #1 priority and Jerry wants to keep Dak no matter what then an extension would have been signed. There’s a chance Dak doesn’t want to be here and there’s a chance the Jones don’t want him here for what he’s asking and that’s the disconnect.

I don’t Fish much. He’s annoying. But this video he said a couple things that made sense. One thing he said was they should sit down with Dak and see what his price is and communicate to Dak and France what their maximum price is. If they don’t agree then let Dak seek out a trade and a contract he wants. So if Saints or Raiders are willing to make him the highest paid player in the league and we’re not, then let him explore that and if he finds an offer he wants than trade him.

The NTC doesn’t mean he can’t be traded. It just means he has to agree to the trade destination. I would rather see this scenario play out than Dak playing for us in 2024 with his mind made up he’s leaving or if the Jones’ mind is made up he’s leaving. That would be toxic for everyone involved.
Which means he want be traded.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
There’s bozos on this board that would swap Dak for Daniel Jones in a heartbeat.

We aren't winning a SB with Dak, We aren't winning a SB with Jones. Jones cost less with the same result, as in No SB, so why would we pay more to have the exact same result? I would trade Dak to any team on the planet and roll with Lance, not that I think Lance is better but if we aren't winning the SB with the QB we have, why not try something different, no one really knows what Lance can be, we all know what Dak is and that is not the QB that can win a SB. But the Jones will pay him 60 plus a year and waste another 4-5 years, it's what they do.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We aren't winning a SB with Dak, We aren't winning a SB with Jones. Jones cost less with the same result, as in No SB, so why would we pay more to have the exact same result? I would trade Dak to any team on the planet and roll with Lance, not that I think Lance is better but if we aren't winning the SB with the QB we have, why not try something different, no one really knows what Lance can be, we all know what Dak is and that is not the QB that can win a SB. But the Jones will pay him 60 plus a year and waste another 4-5 years, it's what they do.
With the defenses we’ve had in the playoffs and the way the Joneses run the team we’re not winning a SB regardless who the QB is. We’re seeing the same problems with the team we saw when Romo was the QB

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
With the defenses we’ve had in the playoffs and the way the Joneses run the team we’re not winning a SB with any QB. We’re seeing the same problems with the team we saw when Romo was the QB
Even if that is true, it only backs up my point, why pay Dak? Just roll with Rookies every 4 -5 years and call it a day.

zekecowboy

Reaction score
We all know the answer to that. Maybe Fish should talk to Dak and tell him it's in his best interest to tell Jerry he's ready to waive that no trade clause. Getting rid of that contract opens up all kinds of possibilities for the Cowboys.
Maybe Jerry should say your going to sit on the bench and be a backup in 2024. We are going to let Trey Lance play this year. OR if you waive your no trade clause we will see if any takers.

Chasing6

Reaction score
It's not your money to spend.

Once again, Dak is not trade-able.

Trance is a joke. Correction. A very bad joke.