Twitter: Dak's goal for the season “Be the best offense in the NFL.”

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Yes, it is. Best offense can best be described as what best fits the overall team concept and best supports the other two elements of the game.

I think he is referring to a Greatest Show on Turf II, which Booger would love, but I wonder if Prescott realizes the year they won the SB, they had the #1 defense? A great defense allows for a lot more flexibility for the offense. We saw that the the 70's Steelers, 80's Niners, 90's Cowboys and 00's Patriots.
...and of course, there is only one way for the Dallas Cowboys to win a championship. :rolleyes:

Batman1980

Reaction score
...and of course, there is only one way for the Dallas Cowboys to win a championship. :rolleyes:

Not really, Jason Garrett tried and failed to replicate the 90's teams. The template is still there - win at the line of scrimmage and generally you will win the game. That hasn't changed since football was conceived 100 years ago.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not really, Jason Garrett tried and failed to replicate the 90's teams. The template is still there - win at the line of scrimmage and generally you will win the game. That hasn't changed since football was conceived 100 years ago.
Agree 100%. Teams that consistently win are the best at blocking and tackling. The fundamentals still matter.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Just a little tip for future reference... :rolleyes: = sarcasm

817Gill

Reaction score
What happened to winning games? Sounds like all he's interested in is padding his personal stats.

Maybe winning is too high of an expectation.

One thing is certain, if he fails to be 'the best offense in the NFL' the defense will get the blame.
Wish his goal was to win a SB.
I would prefer to hear that his goal is to win, but ok. We live in a “fantasy football” stats world now, so….ok.
Have we watched the statement and question they quoted? He’s talking about his goals for the offense this season lol, he’s not saying that’s his number 1 priority for the year. Not sure how nobody caught this. Below is a quote from the press conference the athletic article was written about.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/dak-trying-to-lead-the-best-offense-in-the-nfl

“In other words, as Dak Prescott said in his Friday press conference, the "band is back together." Prescott was referring specifically to being back on the field and having his veteran offensive linemen there to protect him, but moments later he reiterated that he believed it would all add up to one big goal: an unstoppable offense.”

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
tumblr_oiohtv4Ydn1qhwckoo1_500.gif

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
From the same man that brought you his personal goal, "be the best Dallas Cowboys QB ever".

I wonder how best offense gets defined? Most yards? Or for this team would the best offense in the NFL be like the one in 2014 that could control the clock and keep their own defense on the sideline and when they did come in faced a team pushing to score, taking more chances and the Cowboys ranking 2nd in INT's?

Scoring lots of points.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
What happened to winning games? Sounds like all he's interested in is padding his personal stats.

Maybe winning is too high of an expectation.

One thing is certain, if he fails to be 'the best offense in the NFL' the defense will get the blame.

Dak was asked what his goals for the offense were Bozo. :lmao2::lmao2::lmao:

This is why you are considered a hater and a troll. Its because you are.

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I would prefer to hear that his goal is to win, but ok. We live in a “fantasy football” stats world now, so….ok.

Only a troll would think that he doesnt want to win.

Last edited:

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
He understand football a lot better than you do. Also sounds like a guy that has experience on a team where the defense has had trouble stopping people.

Dont blame Dak just because he isnt some football dumb clown that thinks QB's have records.
If Dak knew you existed you'd be one of those "fans" that he tell his security to keep far away from him.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I didn’t say that and I don’t believe that. Just saying I wish he had made that clearer. Ease up Rock. I’m a Dak fan.

Does Dak really have to say it? Sounds more to me like he is hyper focused on what he can control. Which in the short term is being the best offense in the NFL.

Do you really want Dak talking about winning the SB? Jerry the idiot doesnt even do that anymore.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Very discouraging to hear him say anything other than "win games".

I don't care about his or anybody else stats. They could have the worst offense in the league for all I care. I just want wins.
Wah, wah,wah! Keep crying.....you and your hater cronies really go out of your way to throw hate on our QB......he IS your QB, if you are really a fan.......if you root against him, you are rooting against the Cowboys......

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I didn’t say that and I don’t believe that. Just saying I wish he had made that clearer. Ease up Rock. I’m a Dak fan.
It’s just that no matter what Dak does or say the haters, not you, behave like children.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Wah, wah,wah! Keep crying.....you and your hater cronies really go out of your way to throw hate on our QB......he IS your QB, if you are really a fan.......if you root against him, you are rooting against the Cowboys......
Nobody is rooting against Dak if they say they'd prefer he say he wants to win instead of saying he wants the number 1 offense, stop reaching.