Daks injury is get out of jail free card

fredp22

Reaction score
dont think MM is safe. With or without Dak I think hes gone. Hes now 29-32 in his last 4+ years and 0-1 in playoffs.
why would KM be safe? other teams have adjusted to his gameplan and hes still showing he has no idea how to counter it.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
It's weak in areas where you can't be weak in 2022. We saw that exposed last night, and they fell flat.
I'm guessing the offensive line will look better once Peters is ready to go and WR looks better with Gallup. Far from great, but they moved the ball on the ground yesterday. The defense gave up some yards, but despite the offense giving the ball back over and over again, they only allowed 1 td and 19 points against a team led by Tom Brady.

I say .500 because the tools are in place to establish a power run offense. Since QB1 is out, it's a great opportunity to get that run game going, play smash mouth defense, bring back old school football and see how it goes.

Unfortunately I have my doubts that the OC or the head coach will or can make it happen. If Cooper Rush is throwing the ball 40x a game, the entire offensive coaching staff to include Big Mike needs to go. No excuses.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Too talented. Our OL and receiving corps are a shell of what it was last year.
The OL will be fine. We had two guys starting their first games on the left side and there were miscommunications. Physically, they held up well. Just a matter of coming together as a unit. Peters will help, if the coaches are smart enough to play him somewhere on the left side.

I've been screaming about WR all offseason so I'm with you, but this offense can be salvaged with a shift in philosophy, away from putting the ball in the air 40x/game. Gallup will help take some pressure off of Lamb, but they have to find a way to get more guys out running routes. Seeing QB1 forcing throws into triple coverage all game was frustrating.

fifaguy

Reaction score
It seems like every other year there's a get out jail free card with the Boys lol

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Hard to hold anyones job at risk with Dak out.

McCarthy should be safe. Moore too. Not sure what we’d expect with our starting QB down.

Most felt Cowboys needed at least another playoff appearance and some felt a win would be needed. But can’t expect that now.
Yep, Jerry will blame Dak's injury for missed playoffs

FVSTONE

Reaction score

McCarthy should be safe. Moore too. Not sure what we’d expect with our starting QB down.

Most felt Cowboys needed at least another playoff appearance and some felt a win would be needed. But can’t expect that now.
Before the injury it was obvious that MM should have played his first-string starters in preseason games. Now we know why he didn't, he would have been fired before the season started. If his first-string starters played in televised preseason games we all would have saw that this team wasn't going to compete against anyone in the NFL and his biggest supporter would have had no choice but to kick him to the curb. Prescot struggled against other teams starters in their "play nice practices" and it just carried over to last night's opener before he injured his thumb.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

I think this is going to get real real bad. I dont think anyone escapes this mess.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yep. The defense is going to be really good this year, and the pieces are in place to run the ball. It's on the coaches to make it happen.
Well, our rushing defense still gave up tons of yards. Two big sacks by Parsons forced field goals or the score would have been much worse. I only recall one Tampa punt .

NotForLong

Reaction score
I'm guessing the offensive line will look better once Peters is ready to go and WR looks better with Gallup. Far from great, but they moved the ball on the ground yesterday. The defense gave up some yards, but despite the offense giving the ball back over and over again, they only allowed 1 td and 19 points against a team led by Tom Brady.

I say .500 because the tools are in place to establish a power run offense. Since QB1 is out, it's a great opportunity to get that run game going, play smash mouth defense, bring back old school football and see how it goes.

Unfortunately I have my doubts that the OC or the head coach will or can make it happen. If Cooper Rush is throwing the ball 40x a game, the entire offensive coaching staff to include Big Mike needs to go. No excuses.
I concur

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Now that you mention it....are we SURE the thumb is "broken"? :lmao2:

Nexx

Reaction score
gonna suck when the Stephen extends Dak next year to reduce his cap hit. :facepalm::angry::thumbdown::(

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
1. No changes will be made during the season
2. Dak's injury won't be a mulligan for this coaching staff. It's Year Four, injuries happen and you have no choice but to still play the game. McCarthy and Co. are not going to be given a long leash if the offense is stagnant regardless of who's behind center.

The safest person on this team, assuming the defense plays well, will be Dan Quinn.