Daks injury is get out of jail free card

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Elliott was our lone bright spot last night on offense.
Elliot played very good. He ran hard and blocked well. Some idiots refuse to understand the big bad running back gets better later in the game...maybe they weren't alive when Emmitt ran for us?

Noah was a glimmer of hope. I thought...no..I KNOW he played well.....given the flaming sinking ship around him. Smith played well...yes? Dalton had some good plays....well since Dak could only throw in a direct line down field.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Run defense is more of a problem then last year the way I see it.

Lets wait a bit, run D initially was ok, but once Tampa realized we dont have any offense , they were up by 9 points, they made it easy for their OL , go maul people and let fournette attack physically, our guys started to wear down.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
No way. This team is still too talented to fall flat. Expectations should be somewhere around .500 until QB1 is back.

So if they didn’t fall flat last night what would you call that ? Only team in nfl not to score a TD with Dak playing until the last 5 minutes.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I hope this get's Garrett back as OC. We would love to see some more back stabbing to get the HC job back again.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
So if they didn’t fall flat last night what would you call that ? Only team in nfl not to score a TD with Dak playing until the last 5 minutes.
I call that a terrible game plan and non-existant adjustments. Calling plays isn't rocket science. Find something that works and stick with it until it doesn't work anymore. The running game was rock solid, yet boy wonder continued to abandon it, as he's done for the entirety of his tenure in Dallas. Give our highly paid rhythm based back more carries and we put up more than 3 points, and I doubt Tampa scores 19. This team is designed perfectly to be a power run offense right now. Throw is Peters at LG or LT and we could gash the middle of most defenses regardless of who's under center. Do that, and lots of problems solve themselves I imagine.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Well, our rushing defense still gave up tons of yards. Two big sacks by Parsons forced field goals or the score would have been much worse. I only recall one Tampa punt .
Look who was on the other side. Holding Brady to field goals is a huge win for any defense. The defense did bend, but they held their own against a potent offense. Even the one TD was a freak catch on an incredible throw.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
I call that a terrible game plan and non-existant adjustments. Calling plays isn't rocket science. Find something that works and stick with it until it doesn't work anymore. The running game was rock solid, yet boy wonder continued to abandon it, as he's done for the entirety of his tenure in Dallas. Give our highly paid rhythm based back more carries and we put up more than 3 points, and I doubt Tampa scores 19. This team is designed perfectly to be a power run offense right now. Throw is Peters at LG or LT and we could gash the middle of most defenses regardless of who's under center. Do that, and lots of problems solve themselves I imagine.
Boy wonder is wonderless for some time .

He is not NFL standard offensive coord.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Hard to hold anyones job at risk with Dak out.

McCarthy should be safe. Moore too. Not sure what we’d expect with our starting QB down.

Most felt Cowboys needed at least another playoff appearance and some felt a win would be needed. But can’t expect that now.
No way. He already had that excuse his first year. Last year was a stacked team and couldn't win a playoff game. Free pass, NO WAY!!!!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No way. He already had that excuse his first year. Last year was a stacked team and couldn't win a playoff game. Free pass, NO WAY!!!!
I wasn’t referring to a get out of jail free card to Dak but our coaching staff and front office .

stuckindc

Reaction score
Who do you go: Bryce Young or Will Anderson?
Trade down and get a bunch of picks so you can address the many positions we need to fill. Like offensive and defensive line. Fix those two areas and we can compete.

stuckindc

Reaction score
dont think MM is safe. With or without Dak I think hes gone. Hes now 29-32 in his last 4+ years and 0-1 in playoffs.
why would KM be safe? other teams have adjusted to his gameplan and hes still showing he has no idea how to counter it.
Agreed. KM should be fired now. He had all off season to scheme up an offense and utilize his weapons. And what did he do. Ran the same plays , make no adjustments and the one thing that was remotely working, went away from. Which according to TB’s defense was exactly what they knew he would do. He has a weapon in Pollard and like the couple years ran the same handful of crappy plays. Then leave him in on 3rd down to block. Used Turpin once or twice. If anyone watched the Commanders game and saw what they did with Samuel's…. That’s the way to use Pollard .. 49rs with Debo. It ain’t rocket science. The fact MM allows this is equally as bad. The entire staff except for Quinn needs to go.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
No way. This team is still too talented to fall flat. Expectations should be somewhere around .500 until QB1 is back.
Man you sure are positive. Our best offensive weapon is Dalton Schutlz and the defense is being hard carried by one guy.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Everyone keeps dreaming about this power run offense coming out of no where to save the day. It has not existed in years. 2016 is a distant memory. We can barely run the ball effectively now with a pass first offense. Can you imagine what this thing will start to look like when teams start to stack up the box. Ugggh.

Brax

Reaction score
And it’s a viable excuse . What isn’t excusable is the gaffs they made on OL and receiving corps . And then not expecting much lesser results .
I guess Jerry saying the people he paid the big dollars to need to step it up and perform like it didn’t work out so well. Like I said before Dak folded like a cheap tent when the pressure is on, the pressure came from Jerry last week so yeah it’s his fault.