Dak's leash next year - How long?

BobSacamano

Reaction score
Every young guy gets the requisite 3 year proving rule. Why would Dak be any different?

Some things definitely need to change in order to help him. Fix those things and he's still pooping the bed, then you'll have your answer. Everyone and their mother knows the offensive scheme sucks as do the weapons around Dak sans Zeke.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
RGIII was benched in both his second and third years. Of course, they had another guy they liked sitting behind him. Actually one of the good things you can say about the Skins is that they didn’t deny the reality in their face. At the end of 2012 (when RGIII won rookie of the year) they would have told you that you were crazy to say that two years later they would be benching RGIII so that he couldn’t get hurt and guarantee his contract... and yet, they did do that thing.
So let’s hope our slobberers in charge do everything they can to help the QB... but also have the ability to admit when they have erred.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
All year. Dallas isn't drafting a qb or playing rush unless dak gets hurt.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I'm thinking 6 games at most. There's no way he's going to get more than that if he continues his awful play. QBs that have stretches like these belong in Cleveland.

What say you?
I'm thinking every player with potential gets 3 years to either prove or disprove himself so.... 16 games :popcorn:

Verdict

Reaction score
This team is slow to make changes. He will have all year.

Witten will have until he decides to retire

Dez can play as long as he wantz too

Crawford will be playing here until he retires.

Thank goodness. I hope to see Witten playing in his walker at 80 out there. What a feel good story that will be! He has earnt (earned) that right.

Zman5

Reaction score
We should get a vet QB in here next year regardless. Not only for insurance incase Dak tanks but to help Dak out. Sort of like how Testeverde helped Romo.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
He needs to work his *** off this off-season on mechanics and timing, etc.....he has a good head on his shoulders.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I think he's got all of next year, unless we add some QB talent to the roster. You don't pull the plug after 6 games unless you feel like you've got something that might make you better. You think that they'd be willing to hand the reins to Cooper Rush after 6 games next year? Especially since the odds of losing all 6 are slim, so Dak might not play great but if he's good enough to get the win he'll continue to start. He probably even gets the year after that unless the wheels fall off completely. Garrett hitched his wagon to Dak, telling Jerry that we didn't need Romo made sure of that.
DAK was a victum of pass protection breakdowns.

And poor blocking for the RBs.

And as the season ground on..

the passing game grew shorter and shorter.

Partly we have to look at the WRs and TEs as not getting open.

Witten is great but he can't get more than 5 yds downfield.

That scares nobody.

Rico?

starcity214

Reaction score
He needs to work his *** off this off-season on mechanics and timing, etc.....he has a good head on his shoulders.

What has Dak been doing for the past 3-4 off seasons?

Maybe the guy just doesn't have it.

starcity214

Reaction score
DAK was a victum of pass protection breakdowns.

And poor blocking for the RBs.

And as the season ground on..

the passing game grew shorter and shorter.

Partly we have to look at the WRs and TEs as not getting open.

Witten is great but he can't get more than 5 yds downfield.

That scares nobody.

Rico?

I dunno, there have been multiple GIFS showing receivers open..

In today's game Dak had 2 sure long passing touchdowns but he either under threw the ball ( that Dez ball that fell short even though Dez had a step) or he over throws it ( Twill was WIDE OPEN for a TD).

I wanna see how other QBs look with our weapons before I get rid of all of them.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
If he don't agree to a sizeable salary reduction this year I don't think he'll be here next year......I truly believe he's reached the end of the road here.

Eddie

Reaction score
If he don't agree to a sizeable salary reduction this year I don't think he'll be here next year......I truly believe he's reached the end of the road here.

Um... are you referring to Dak or Dez?

Isn't Dak making $400,000 next year?