Dak's leash next year - How long?

slick325

Reaction score
Footwork and reading defenses helps, but a big part is natural throwing ability. He doesn't have that.

The faction that blames the WRs (Dez) and Coaches and OL exclusively and do not hold Prescott responsible for anything nor see any flaws in his game are really gonna hate the Mac Engel article in the Star Telegram.

visionary

Reaction score
I'd make it clear to Dak that competition will be open for QB1 as of Day 1 of Training Camp.

I'd strongly advise he come to camp prepared in 2018. This team can no longer wait on a QB that told everybody he was ready for the next level after a startlingly good rookie season.

Fool me once shame on you....

Garrett is a spineless yes man and can't say anything

Wood

Reaction score
I'm thinking 6 games at most. There's no way he's going to get more than that if he continues his awful play. QBs that have stretches like these belong in Cleveland.

What say you?

not long. Thats why I think they should bring in Sam Bradford. Would be perfect back-up and gives Dallas insurance in case Dak doesn't bounce back.

kevm3

Reaction score
Drafting a new qb wont solve anything. It will be the same exact thing. Romo had 3 8 and 8 years in a row under Garrett. 4 other qbs couldn't win a single game as a starter under Garrett... and now Dak has regressed to such an extent that we've fielded one of the worst offenses in modern cowboys history. Maybe we should look at the constant here.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
I'd sign a veteran QB like Sam Bradford as my insurance in case Dak has his struggles again next year. If Dak rebounds, you have a high quality veteran to help Dak along that you can win with in case of injury.

tm1119

Reaction score
The only thing that makes me think maybe not the whole year is because Garrett will be coaching for his NFL Head Coach life if the team gets off to a bad start next year. Would be weird to see a head coach go down with the same struggling qb all year....but this is the Dallas Cowboys...

Boyz981

Reaction score
I think Dak is fine...maybe the Raiders will dump Carr! About the same stats this year as Dak....but he is in year 4! LOL some of you are laughable

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'm thinking 6 games at most. There's no way he's going to get more than that if he continues his awful play. QBs that have stretches like these belong in Cleveland.

What say you?

Dak will be the QB for the next 10 years. Book it.

black label

Reaction score
Dak will be the QB for the next 10 years. Book it.
giphy.gif

NumOneQB

Reaction score
He gets the full year and I wouldn’t expect anything less. At this point you’re all in, you’ve got no other option.

Last edited: