1. SPORGWIRE.com
    The best Sports Newswire on the internet!
    SPORGWIRE provides you with an easy way to keep up with the latest sports news,
    rumors, reviews, videos and more from sports sites all over the internet!
    Follow your favorite teams and sports leagues and
    the SPORGWIRE home page becomes your personal sports news site for the internet!
    Dismiss Notice

Dak's next contract?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Verdict, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Toruk_Makto

Toruk_Makto Well-Known Member

11,941 Messages
    14,246 Likes Received
    I'd argue year 3 is an easy out. You gain cap space and can nigemin if he isn't who you thought he was. They could have made that harder on themselves with a bigger SB and more upfront guarantees that aren't for injuries.

2. Nightman

Nightman Capologist

22,889 Messages
    19,459 Likes Received
    I don't know .....84m and the 40th pick is pretty steep....... but he looks worth the risk

3. Toruk_Makto

Toruk_Makto Well-Known Member

11,941 Messages
    14,246 Likes Received
    84 if you keep him for 3. The reality is it's a 2 year contract. He's either worth the money and you're happy to pay for year 3....or he isn't and you renegotiate or you cut him and get back 11MM in cap space.

Time will tell but as you know....you either have a qb or you don't.

4. DakBringMeBack

DakBringMeBack Active Member

288 Messages
    170 Likes Received
    Look at the numbers. Look at the record. That is consistency. Ryan Tannehill isn't in his universe.

5. PAPPYDOG

PAPPYDOG Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

1,155 Messages
    1,217 Likes Received
    And whats going to change absolutely NOTHING! From one football idiot to another ...its a family thing as they say and the Family are not football people....Dallas Cowboys the Jones Family favorite TOY!!

6. atlantacowboy

atlantacowboy Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

1,850 Messages
    2,150 Likes Received
    I think the difference is that Stephen doesn't have a football inferiority complex. What drives Jerry to be a GM is his desire to be thought of as more than just an owner. He wants people to respect him for his football acumen and ability to build a team. The media never gave him any credit for the 90's cowboys. Every story was about the players and the brilliance of Jimmy Johnson. Most owners are happy to sit in their boxes and revel in the glory of their team but not Jerry. He wants to be the one in the spotlight and that has been the guiding principle behind every one of his hires since Jimmy.

Stephen is just a numbers guy. When he inherits the team, he'll hire a real GM and sit in the owners box. He carries himself with far more dignity than Jerry and doesn't fancy himself a football guru.

7. PAPPYDOG

1,155 Messages
    1,217 Likes Received

STEPHEN is no better than JJ in fact he might be worse ....how the heck with the exception of his name is he qualified to take over as GM after the big guy bites the bullet??
    Nothing will change as we have non-football people driving the car baby!
    Expect nothing glorious for many years we will become the Cleveland Browns only a matter of time with the Jones mafia at the helm....

WillieBeamen likes this.
  8. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

4,256 Messages
    4,188 Likes Received
    Talk about completely missing the point. It's like you didn't even read his post.

atlantacowboy likes this.
  9. atlantacowboy

atlantacowboy Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

1,850 Messages
    2,150 Likes Received
    I was going to respond "did u read my post?" but i'll let your response stand on its own. lol

10. PAPPYDOG

1,155 Messages
    1,217 Likes Received
    Well thank god this isn't the old Boy's Forum where KSKBOYS would have banned me for missing the point...lol..omg...look Dak lover you got a bug for me cause I'm not one of your Dak Groupies, live with it man ...no one made you MR.Cowboy ouch this guy....lol

starcity214 likes this.
  11. jsb357

jsb357 Active Member

245 Messages
    231 Likes Received
    Will the Browns need another QB?

starcity214 likes this.