Dak's performance vs Lions (2022)

Ken

Reaction score
One don't project your emotions onto me. I LOVE my team winning and root for whoever is on the field and some who aren't. You're just mad because you got called out for making ridiculous statements about how great Rush was playing and now you 4 weeks later you're apparently still butthurt over it. Get on with your life, man. You're mad Dak didn't come out and pee down his leg on Sunday like you were rooting for. After a quarter and half knocking off the rust he was darn near perfect the rest of the way.. And I know that chafes your britches somethin fierce.

Good..
10-11 in the 2nd half...

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Nice...but he has some Bears coming, and bears don't mess around like the kitty cat lions just did.
The Lions didn't mess around. They brought some heat and actually played very good. Expect the Bears to do the same. Key will be to have a DB following their QB Justin Fields at all times.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
There was 1 good drive. I'm glad the defense stepped up, gave the offense some short opportunities and they did take advantage of them. But to watch the game and then say the QB played some hero ball is BS.
More of your continuous agenda-driven foolish talk? Smh

Wangchung83

Reaction score
I think you're right.. Stats never tell the whole story.. and neither did you on this occasion. See below.

True but that wasn't Dak's fault. He got them inside the red zone and the coaching staff inexplicably decided that Tony Pollard should be the goal line back and as a result that TD opportunity got peed away. Also you might also recall that they had gone on a 70 yard drive in the 2nd quarter that Brown fumbled away inside the 5 yard line. That drive more than likely ends in a touchdown.

Now you trippin.. If not for Noah Brown's fumble and some Kellen Moore brain farts in the red zone the Cowboys probably go into the half up 14-6. Two of the turnovers the defense forced were deep in Cowboys territory. One being at the one yard line. Any stress created from that drive was 100% on them. Still I won't disagree that the defense WAS the hero. They balled out. The offense did what it needed to do and Dak was very efficient after spending the first quarter and a half knocking off the rust. You could clearly see his timing was off in that first half and he really didn't find his rhythm until that long drive in the 2nd before the Brown fumble. But once he found it the offense was able to dictate to the Lions defense, which in turn forced their offense to have to take more chances.. which fed into the defense.. Complementary football at its finest. No one has proclaimed Dak had a "great" day. It was a solid performance given the circumstances. And since it resulted in a win.. I'll take it.
Are we thinking of the same drive where Dak threw it behind Gallup and almost got picked, then two plays later almost got intercepted throwing deep right to Noah. We would have scored except for the fumble that’s was caused by a big hit? You do recall Dak was sacked on first down and was bailed out by an illegal contact. I’m not so sure we are getting a TD on that drive, especially passing and definitely not with some help I.e the armless dbs the last rated defense in the league we were playing. Just saying you have to had seen the game and not just look at stats. We got lucky and I’ll take it right now, but luck won’t win against better teams. Let’s hope the defense continues to play well and provide the extra chances the Dak needs right now. Go Cowboys

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think you're right.. Stats never tell the whole story.. and neither did you on this occasion. See below.

True but that wasn't Dak's fault. He got them inside the red zone and the coaching staff inexplicably decided that Tony Pollard should be the goal line back and as a result that TD opportunity got peed away. Also you might also recall that they had gone on a 70 yard drive in the 2nd quarter that Brown fumbled away inside the 5 yard line. That drive more than likely ends in a touchdown.

Now you trippin.. If not for Noah Brown's fumble and some Kellen Moore brain farts in the red zone the Cowboys probably go into the half up 14-6. Two of the turnovers the defense forced were deep in Cowboys territory. One being at the one yard line. Any stress created from that drive was 100% on them. Still I won't disagree that the defense WAS the hero. They balled out. The offense did what it needed to do and Dak was very efficient after spending the first quarter and a half knocking off the rust. You could clearly see his timing was off in that first half and he really didn't find his rhythm until that long drive in the 2nd before the Brown fumble. But once he found it the offense was able to dictate to the Lions defense, which in turn forced their offense to have to take more chances.. which fed into the defense.. Complementary football at its finest. No one has proclaimed Dak had a "great" day. It was a solid performance given the circumstances. And since it resulted in a win.. I'll take it.

I went and read the chart of the drives. Dak flat out sucked most of the game. He had 1 good drive, tgen didnt need to do much after that. You could look it up but you wont cause its against your agenda. I gave him props for the good drive.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
More of your continuous agenda-driven foolish talk? Smh

Its actually facts. All i did was lookit up. Look at each drive. Nfl.com is a great resource. Unless it doesnt fit your narrative then you hate call it lies. But hey they won. Ty defense

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Its actually facts. All i did was lookit up. Look at each drive. Nfl.com is a great resource. Unless it doesnt fit your narrative then you hate call it lies. But hey they won. Ty defense
You don't have to look up typed up stats if you watched the game. The video game shows more as to what was truly happening and why than what some typed up stats can.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Are we thinking of the same drive where Dak threw it behind Gallup and almost got picked, then two plays later almost got intercepted throwing deep right to Noah. We would have scored except for the fumble that’s was caused by a big hit? You do recall Dak was sacked on first down and was bailed out by an illegal contact. I’m not so sure we are getting a TD on that drive, especially passing and definitely not with some help I.e the armless dbs the last rated defense in the league we were playing. Just saying you have to had seen the game and not just look at stats. We got lucky and I’ll take it right now, but luck won’t win against better teams. Let’s hope the defense continues to play well and provide the extra chances the Dak needs right now. Go Cowboys

If DBs could catch they'd be receivers.. Yes Dak had some off target throws early on. Which was to be expected when a guy has not been allowed to do any significant throwing for 6 weeks. But on Brown's fumble that was not a "big hit." It was a flip caused by an ankle biting DB. I don't think the Cowboys "got lucky" unless you count playing a team that was talent deficient compared to them as luck. They whupped a team they were supposed to beat by two scores by more than two scores. I can't be mad at that.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
10-11 in the 2nd half...

Prescott last 2 TD drives (Detroit turnovers) when the game had Dallas up 10-6 with 8:25 remaining in the game:

5 of 6 for 49 yards and 1 TD

Prescott in the 3-1/2 quarters prior to the above referenced drives:

14 of 19 for 158 yards

So Dak's first 3-1/2 quarters were similar to that of what Rush did against the Rams (10 of 16 for 102 yards) and Dak's whole game performance was similar to that of what Rush did against the Giants (21 of 31 for 215 yards and 1 TD) yet many of the Dak supporters credited the Rush wins to the defense and running game but applaud Dak for having a great game.

Yet it's the supposed "Dak haters" that have an agenda? Interesting.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You don't have to look up typed up stats if you watched the game. The video game shows more as to what was truly happening and why than what some typed up stats can.

Yea and I watched them struggle, live on the 50 yard line at ATT stadium. Kinda funny how you don't want people looking at stats when usually it's the other way around when talking about your QB. I hope he steps up when they need him this year.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Prescott last 2 TD drives (Detroit turnovers) when the game had Dallas up 10-6 with 8:25 remaining in the game:

14 of 19 for 158 yards

So Dak's first 3-1/2 quarters were similar to that of what Rush did against the Rams (10 of 16 for 102 yards) and Dak's whole game performance was similar to that of what Rush did against the Giants (21 of 31 for 215 yards and 1 TD) yet many of the Dak supporters credited the Rush wins to the defense and running game but applaud Dak for having a great game.

and if this play continues then there would be an issue, however coming back after 5 weeks even most of the media and former pro players expected Dak would not come back sharp right away. I have no issue saying defense was the over riding factor of why Dallas won Sunday. Offense did just enough to help get the win but this team will need more out of this offense moving forward

RonnieT24

Reaction score

14 of 19 for 158 yards

I may have missed it but I don't think any sane fan is touting Dak's performance as "great." It was decent to good under the circumstances. A couple of errant throws.. a couple of bad decisions.. but an overall good performance. Nothing more, nothing less. I think what we can take away from it is that once he found his rhythm he became a much better quarterback. Citing that they had only scored 10 points through a certain point in the game is somewhat disingenuous given that he had driven them into scoring territory before Brown's fumble in the 2nd quarter. That drive went 70 yards and the one in the 3rd quarter went 82 to paydirt. So acting as though Dak was doing nothing prior to the late turnover fueled drives is simply not accurate. Even the drive starting on the one yard line moved tot he 30 before Kellen Moore started having play-calling brain farts again on 3rd and short. If he just hands the ball to Zeke straight ahead like he should have instead of getting cute again with that toss to Pollard that drive probably continues and maybe puts even more points on the board.

By the way.. why isn't every fan of the Cowboys a "Dak supporter?" Why would you not support the QB of your favorite team? I mean it's fair to want him to play better.. and even to critique him harshly when he doesn't.. But why not support him and cheer him on as best we can? I will never understand the "logic" (and I use the term loosely here) behind constantly rooting for a player on my team to fail so I can go online and pound my chest about being "right" about him not being any good. What the hell, man!?!?

Reactions: Ken

Ken

Reaction score

14 of 19 for 158 yards

I have seen no one say he had a great game.

He played within the offense, exactly like Rush did. Yet the outrage seen from the dakstabbers is totally different than when Rush did the same thing.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Yea and I watched them struggle, live on the 50 yard line at ATT stadium. Kinda funny how you don't want people looking at stats when usually it's the other way around when talking about your QB. I hope he steps up when they need him this year.

Hopefully we all want this.. It doesn't matter which side of the argument one comes down on stats never tell the whole story good or bad. They simply provide one means of measuring performance. We all know this by now.. Dak was shaky most of the first half until the long drive beginning in the middle of the second quarter. He was mostly on point from that drive onward with an occasional hiccup here and there. Again.. about what I expected.. About what most of us expected I think..

USArmyVet

Reaction score
I may have missed it but I don't think any sane fan is touting Dak's performance as "great." It was decent to good under the circumstances. A couple of errant throws.. a couple of bad decisions.. but an overall good performance. Nothing more, nothing less. I think what we can take away from it is that once he found his rhythm he became a much better quarterback. Citing that they had only scored 10 points through a certain point in the game is somewhat disingenuous given that he had driven them into scoring territory before Brown's fumble in the 2nd quarter. That drive went 70 yards and the one in the 3rd quarter went 82 to paydirt. So acting as though Dak was doing nothing prior to the late turnover fueled drives is simply not accurate. Even the drive starting on the one yard line moved tot he 30 before Kellen Moore started having play-calling brain farts again on 3rd and short. If he just hands the ball to Zeke straight ahead like he should have instead of getting cute again with that toss to Pollard that drive probably continues and maybe puts even more points on the board.

By the way.. why isn't every fan of the Cowboys a "Dak supporter?" Why would you not support the QB of your favorite team? I mean it's fair to want him to play better.. and even to critique him harshly when he doesn't.. But why not support him and cheer him on as best we can? I will never understand the "logic" (and I use the term loosely here) behind constantly rooting for a player on my team to fail so I can go online and pound my chest about being "right" about him not being any good. What the hell, man!?!?

There is a difference between claiming people are rooting for Dak to fail rather than people calling out those members that never hold Dak accountable.

That said, Dak did lead a few long drives and his play overall was average, which was far below what some claimed he would do as a means of belittling Rush's past performances.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
There is a difference between claiming people are rooting for Dak to fail rather than people calling out those members that never hold Dak accountable.

That said, Dak did lead a few long drives and his play overall was average, which was far below what some claimed he would do as a means of belittling Rush's past performances.

Yeah I don't think's fair to belittle Rush's performances. He played very well for a backup. He did fine staying within himself and delivered 2-3 bigtime throws when called upon in every game except Philly. He wasn't "perfect" or "better than Dak" but he was solid which was good enough 4 out of 5 times. Well he was decidedly less than solid against Philly.. but if the backup is solid in 80% of his starts he's done his job. If the starter is only "solid" in 80% of his starts that's not going to be good enough. I mean it will be in most games but he's got to step it up a notch when facing better teams, teams that can score more than 20 on our defense. Rush couldn't do that.. We've seen Dak do it in the past. He needs to do it again, and more consistently going forward. I don't need him going off for 400 yards and 4 TDs against the Detroits and Chicagos of the world. Give me 250-275 yards and 2 TDs with no turnovers and a well orchestrated offense against upper echelon teams.

I think those "go off" games are bad for him (and Kellen Moore) because they convince him that he should do it all the time against every defense. Some defenses are too good to let you do that so you have to beat them another way. Manage the game, run the ball, extend drives with a 5 yard dash and slide on 3rd and 4. That's what I want to see. Quit trying to throw for 400 yards on everybody to silence doubters. Dak should have learned by now that those people aint gonna shutup no matter what he does.. WINNING is the best antidote for all the "haters." Putting up gaudy stats in a loss? Who cares?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hopefully we all want this.. It doesn't matter which side of the argument one comes down on stats never tell the whole story good or bad. They simply provide one means of measuring performance. We all know this by now.. Dak was shaky most of the first half until the long drive beginning in the middle of the second quarter. He was mostly on point from that drive onward with an occasional hiccup here and there. Again.. about what I expected.. About what most of us expected I think..

Wins above all. But i thought this game might play out differently but man it was fun to watch this defense kill them even on their longer drives.