Dak's performance vs Lions (2022)

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak had a pretty good game. He was what people wanted him to be, a typical bus driver. I don't see anything wrong with that.
Agreed. Just keep hold of the wheel...upshift downshift on occasion and we'll be good. Trust the team.

Like him being such a great "leader". I am not sure about it (if his team mates think so cool!) . But I don't think he HAS to be...it's perfectly okay if he just QB's.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sure there were other factors. But the facts are still there. We consistently start out slowly because Zeke is featured. Not always, but a lot. You can ignore it all you want. At least do yourself the favor and look for it coming up. Or dont, stay blind.

The offense works much better when Pollard is featured. Its getting better, but they are still using Zeke incorrectly.

About what I expected. Zeke and Tony both playing well. But yet you find a way to discredit Zeke.
:facepalm:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
About what I expected. Zeke and Tony both playing well. But yet you find a way to discredit Zeke.

Zeke had two great runs and some nice GL TD plow ins. Outside of that he was terrible. 3.8 yards per carry is bad buddy. Pollard on the contrary gave the offense a big spark and was instrumental on both TD scoring drives. 6.9 yards per carry and had some nice plays in the passing game with 13 ypr. Over 100 total yards for Pollard. Pollard was not good in short yardage in this game.

That's the analysis of both players. You can discount it all you want.

Seems every day you lower the bar for zeke.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke had two great runs and some nice GL TD plow ins. Outside of that he was terrible. 3.8 yards per carry is bad buddy. Pollard on the contrary gave the offense a big spark and was instrumental on both TD scoring drives. 6.9 yards per carry and had some nice plays in the passing game with 13 ypr. Over 100 total yards for Pollard. Pollard was not good in short yardage in this game.

typical

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Ronnie,

Dak had a couple really sketchy throws on Sunday. When can we expect your thread pointing it out like you did with Rush?

Right after somebody tries to tell me he "didn't miss any throws" and "is more accurate than Dak." Wait, can Dak be more accurate than himself? Okay scratch that last one.. Maybe people can tell me how Cooper would have completed an even higher percentage than Dak's 76%?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Right after somebody tries to tell me he "didn't miss any throws" and "is more accurate than Dak." Wait, can Dak be more accurate than himself? Okay scratch that last one.. Maybe people can tell me how Cooper would have completed an even higher percentage than Dak's 76%?
You're a Dak fan, Ronnie.

That's about it.

You made that pretty clear those 5 games we had with Rush. You hated winning without Dak soooo much that you had to make smear campaigns aimed at the back up thats making pennies.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

Psst .. the Cowboys had three TD scoring drives. Might have been 4 if they hadn't tried to let Pollard run it in on the FG drive.
And could have been 5 were it not for Brown's fumble inside the 5. But I do find it interesting that you claim Pollard "was instrumental on TD scoring drives." On the 11 play 54 yard TD drive that started with 8:25 in the 4th quarter he had one carry for 2 yards.. Clearly that two yard run was more significant than I thought..

RonnieT24

Reaction score
You're a Dak fan, Ronnie.

That's about it.

You made that pretty clear those 5 games we had with Rush. You hated winning without Dak soooo much that you had to make smear campaigns aimed at the back up thats making pennies.

One don't project your emotions onto me. I LOVE my team winning and root for whoever is on the field and some who aren't. You're just mad because you got called out for making ridiculous statements about how great Rush was playing and now you 4 weeks later you're apparently still butthurt over it. Get on with your life, man. You're mad Dak didn't come out and pee down his leg on Sunday like you were rooting for. After a quarter and half knocking off the rust he was darn near perfect the rest of the way.. And I know that chafes your britches somethin fierce.

Good..

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
One don't project your emotions onto me. I LOVE my team winning and root for whoever is on the field and some who aren't. You're just mad because you got called out for making ridiculous statements about how great Rush was playing and now you 4 weeks later you're apparently still butthurt over it. Get on with your life, man. You're mad Dak didn't come out and pee down his leg on Sunday like you were rooting for. After a quarter and half knocking off the rust he was darn near perfect the rest of the way.. And I know that chafes your britches somethin fierce.

Good..
I couldn't imagine making a smear campaign against Cooper Rush :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Funny that people can forget that the end stats don't always paint the correct picture on how the game went. Before the 1st TD drive in the 3rd qtr Dak had 9 completions to 5 incompletions, and they scored a wopping 3 pts so far. To start the 3rd qtr the defense got an INT. That TD drive was 5 runs and 2 passes and 1 pass interference penalty on Detroit. Dak led 1 more drive in the 3rd with 1 completion and a sack. Detroit ended the 3rd by fumbling. From this point on Dak was 10 and 1 which is what you want to see from a highly paid 6 year starter in the same offense against one of the bottom defenses in the league. The 1st drive of the 4th was meh, but the 2nd was much better where the offense ran and passed well with zeke scoring a short TD. The 3rd and final Cowboys TD was on a short field due to Detroit fumbling again. This TD was 3 runs and then a 2yard TD pass to Hendershot.

Dak had 1 good drive where he needed to go down the field. Good team win and on that drive he did look good but the rest of the time he wasn't looking good at all. Happy for the win but some of yall need to pump the brakes on saying how good he looked. If not for this defense getting turnovers those Lions likely beat the cowboys. The defense was the hero of this game.

Nexx

Reaction score
Funny that people can forget that the end stats don't always paint the correct picture on how the game went. Before the 1st TD drive in the 3rd qtr Dak had 9 completions to 5 incompletions, and they scored a wopping 3 pts so far. To start the 3rd qtr the defense got an INT. That TD drive was 5 runs and 2 passes and 1 pass interference penalty on Detroit. Dak led 1 more drive in the 3rd with 1 completion and a sack. Detroit ended the 3rd by fumbling. From this point on Dak was 10 and 1 which is what you want to see from a highly paid 6 year starter in the same offense against one of the bottom defenses in the league. The 1st drive of the 4th was meh, but the 2nd was much better where the offense ran and passed well with zeke scoring a short TD. The 3rd and final Cowboys TD was on a short field due to Detroit fumbling again. This TD was 3 runs and then a 2yard TD pass to Hendershot.

Dak had 1 good drive where he needed to go down the field. Good team win and on that drive he did look good but the rest of the time he wasn't looking good at all. Happy for the win but some of yall need to pump the brakes on saying how good he looked. If not for this defense getting turnovers those Lions likely beat the cowboys. The defense was the hero of this game.

any objective fan would say this. I asked around the office today of five Cowboy fans all said he had below average to poor game. None said he had a good game. Given who they were playing, it was surprising.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
any objective fan would say this. I asked around the office today of five Cowboy fans all said he had below average to poor game. None said he had a good game. Given who they were playing, it was surprising.

There was 1 good drive. I'm glad the defense stepped up, gave the offense some short opportunities and they did take advantage of them. But to watch the game and then say the QB played some hero ball is BS.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Screenshot-20221024-021447.jpg

Screenshot-20221024-021400.jpg

Dak's game stats: 19 of 25 attempts, 207 passing yards, 76.0% completions, 8.3 average passing yards/completion, 1 TD, 0 INTs, 2 sacks, 113.3 passer rating.

Nice...but he has some Bears coming, and bears don't mess around like the kitty cat lions just did.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
In the lousy NFC this year- hell yeah, lol. Look at the standings some time.

Not to get into a pissing contest with you . But I do look at the standings 5-2 says right now we are a playoff team. Why does the NFC stink this year because it fits your narrative?

Because your two golden Boys (Rodgers and Brady ) are looking human ? The Bills and the Chiefs look solid every body else in the AFC looks very beatable.

Or could it be that 6-0 6-1 5-2 The nfce is making all those prognosticators look foolish, so you have to get a new narrative ?

I don't know what your problem is with me and really don't give a flying Coitus.

But we are a playoff team sorry if that get's your maxipad saturated! Run along now Grown folks are talking

lukemartin79

Reaction score
Not to get into a pissing contest with you . But I do look at the standings 5-2 says right now we are a playoff team. Why does the NFC stink this year because it fits your narrative?

Because your two golden Boys (Rodgers and Brady ) are looking human ? The Bills and the Chiefs look solid every body else in the AFC looks very beatable.

Or could it be that 6-0 6-1 5-2 The nfce is making all those prognosticators look foolish, so you have to get a new narrative ?

I don't know what your problem is with me and really don't give a flying Coitus.

But we are a playoff team sorry if that get's your maxipad saturated! Run along now Grown folks are talking
MAYBE TOMORROW YOU CAN LEARN AN EVEN BIGGER WORD AND PUT IT IN EVERY SENTENCE, LOL. ANOTHER CLOWN BOY

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Funny that people can forget that the end stats don't always paint the correct picture on how the game went.

I think you're right.. Stats never tell the whole story.. and neither did you on this occasion. See below.

Before the 1st TD drive in the 3rd qtr Dak had 9 completions to 5 incompletions, and they scored a wopping 3 pts so far. To start the 3rd qtr the defense got an INT. That TD drive was 5 runs and 2 passes and 1 pass interference penalty on Detroit. Dak led 1 more drive in the 3rd with 1 completion and a sack. Detroit ended the 3rd by fumbling.

True but that wasn't Dak's fault. He got them inside the red zone and the coaching staff inexplicably decided that Tony Pollard should be the goal line back and as a result that TD opportunity got peed away. Also you might also recall that they had gone on a 70 yard drive in the 2nd quarter that Brown fumbled away inside the 5 yard line. That drive more than likely ends in a touchdown.

From this point on Dak was 10 and 1 which is what you want to see from a highly paid 6 year starter in the same offense against one of the bottom defenses in the league. The 1st drive of the 4th was meh, but the 2nd was much better where the offense ran and passed well with zeke scoring a short TD. The 3rd and final Cowboys TD was on a short field due to Detroit fumbling again. This TD was 3 runs and then a 2yard TD pass to Hendershot.

Now you trippin.. If not for Noah Brown's fumble and some Kellen Moore brain farts in the red zone the Cowboys probably go into the half up 14-6. Two of the turnovers the defense forced were deep in Cowboys territory. One being at the one yard line. Any stress created from that drive was 100% on them. Still I won't disagree that the defense WAS the hero. They balled out. The offense did what it needed to do and Dak was very efficient after spending the first quarter and a half knocking off the rust. You could clearly see his timing was off in that first half and he really didn't find his rhythm until that long drive in the 2nd before the Brown fumble. But once he found it the offense was able to dictate to the Lions defense, which in turn forced their offense to have to take more chances.. which fed into the defense.. Complementary football at its finest. No one has proclaimed Dak had a "great" day. It was a solid performance given the circumstances. And since it resulted in a win.. I'll take it.