Dak's performance vs Lions (2022)

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You are rather intolerant.
Don't tell anyone to follow another team.
What gives you that right, rude boy?
Focus on others' opinions and accept their opinions in a courteous way, if possible.
Shut it. You're one of the most condescending and rude posters around here. Be a fan or else go follow another team, Paco!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I don't think you're a Dak hater.... I just believe you're one of those "cowboys fans" who would be praising and drooling all over Rush if he had the same stats and outcome as Dak today.

You're happy we won i guess, but you would've probably preferred if the win didn't happen on Daks watch.

I get it bro....

Don't be a sucky-up!
Give him the business, Luther!

RonnieT24

Reaction score
BS…stretching and twisting it. There were other factors involved as well.

Yeah cause teams never start out games focused on stopping the run.. They just come out in light boxes and let you run wild early in games because when they do that they allow you to be balanced and that's when they know they got ya...

Yes, that was dripping with sarcasm. This dude understands very little about football but waxes authoritatively about that which he knows nothing. This daily crusade to discredit Zeke is one of the more tiresome things one encounters on this site. These people who wish to expend time and energy trashing the players on their alleged "own team" will never make sense to me..

RonnieT24

Reaction score
The original statement carried a very different meaning and intent. When called out on the obvious foolishness, the backpeddaling began. Then you jumped in to help push.

The hoops you guys will jump through...

Dude you're gittin carried away. I didn't hear Nantz say "to start the game" if he even said it.. .. which is why I asked the question.. The original statement didn't seem right but that's what I heard. You wanna start internet WWIII over it go ahead.. You'll have to do it without me..

RonnieT24

Reaction score
All good points but they are different backs and should be used that way. Absolutely no reason why Pollard is getting goal line carries.

They tried it on the one series and got stuffed. I was glad to see that they came to their senses on subsequent trips into the red zone. Pollard runs hard but he just isn't as powerful as Zeke and as such gets stonewalled in short yardage situations. I also hated that we got cute on a couple of those short yardage plays. Zeke has been absolute money on those up to yesterday but all of a sudden we have to run wide on 3rd and 1? WTH!?!?! That was stoopid.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
I'm a big critic of dak nowadays but I think he did ok in the lions game. Aside from a bad first throw and a few throws into triple coverage, his throws were pretty accurate and he read the field a lot better than in the bucs game granted it's the freakin 32nd ranked lions. All we can hope for now is improvement and confidence for Dak each and every week going forward.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Screenshot-20221024-021447.jpg

Screenshot-20221024-021400.jpg

Dak's game stats: 19 of 25 attempts, 207 passing yards, 76.0% completions, 8.3 average passing yards/completion, 1 TD, 0 INTs, 2 sacks, 113.3 passer rating.

Dak had a pretty good game. He was what people wanted him to be, a typical bus driver. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
He didn't mention start of the game in his original post....Kevincus responded correctly
On the first reply yes but once it was stated that it was to start games Kevincus didn't acknowledge it.... Therefore I responded

Look I'm not going to argue over something that can be reread

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
The original statement carried a very different meaning and intent. When called out on the obvious foolishness, the backpeddaling began. Then you jumped in to help push.

The hoops you guys will jump through...
Hoops haha not my fault you aren't reading the entire comments

Instead of admitting you missed it stop trying to make excuses. It's nothing serious, a misunderstanding and time to move on

Good day sir

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
They tried it on the one series and got stuffed. I was glad to see that they came to their senses on subsequent trips into the red zone. Pollard runs hard but he just isn't as powerful as Zeke and as such gets stonewalled in short yardage situations. I also hated that we got cute on a couple of those short yardage plays. Zeke has been absolute money on those up to yesterday but all of a sudden we have to run wide on 3rd and 1? WTH!?!?! That was stoopid.
Oh absolutely. Zeke can get you that one yard cause he falls forward.

As far as playcalling, yes it needs to be changed. No need to get cute. Moore said something to the effect he didn't want tendencies to show. Look at Philly when they do QB sneak, everybody knows what they are doing but haven't been stopped so they continue to do it

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

They tried a 3rd and 1 to the outside with Pollard also, and it also failed.
Guess his speed didn't help him there. :laugh: (that is for the anti Zeke pro Tony crowd)

Reactions: G2

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Dude you're gittin carried away. I didn't hear Nantz say "to start the game" if he even said it.. .. which is why I asked the question.. The original statement didn't seem right but that's what I heard. You wanna start internet WWIII over it go ahead.. You'll have to do it without me..
I'm just replying with logic. I'm not the ones trying to make a big hubub about it.

You phrased it as a question, but included comments about what critics said, and then jazzcat and your comments immediately following made it clear it wasn't really a question in your mind.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
BS…stretching and twisting it. There were other factors involved as well.

Sure there were other factors. But the facts are still there. We consistently start out slowly because Zeke is featured. Not always, but a lot. You can ignore it all you want. At least do yourself the favor and look for it coming up. Or dont, stay blind.

The offense works much better when Pollard is featured. Its getting better, but they are still using Zeke incorrectly.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Hoops haha not my fault you aren't reading the entire comments

Instead of admitting you missed it stop trying to make excuses. It's nothing serious, a misunderstanding and time to move on

Good day sir

What exactly did I miss? I saw him put it in his follow up. It wasn't relevant at that point.

You guys keep making the excuses.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
They tried a 3rd and 1 to the outside with Pollard also, and it also failed.
Guess his speed didn't help him there. :laugh: (that is for the anti Zeke pro Tony crowd)

Agreed, but that was one play. Detroit did a good job snuffing both of those out. And on Zeke's not sure that was actually called outside. I think he just bounced it out there. The middle was stacked up.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Quit spewing garbage and people will take your comments more seriously. BTW, Dak is YOUR QB as well...whether you like it or not. Dak played very well considering this was his first game back after breaking a bone in his throwing hand Week 1. Support or go spew your poison elsewhere.

Irony.

Is that you?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Ronnie,

Dak had a couple really sketchy throws on Sunday. When can we expect your thread pointing it out like you did with Rush?