Dak's play tonight

Eanwen

Reaction score
But to talk about Dak: I thought he played fine. Not great, not horrible. I liked that he took a deep shot to Gallup, but since it's preseason I'd want him to be more aggressive in the redzone.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
The offense was effective moving the ball the first couple series. Dak had time and he hit the open receivers as did Rush early on. Run game was so-so, with Jarwin looking bad blocking.

I am excited about Gallup and Cedrick Wilson looked good also. Jarwin looked good as a pass catcher.

Someone mentioned the offense looking the same...I think that was completely by design. We saw no motion from the offense, which has been the buzzword throughout camp.

Very excited about corner and safety play. Not so excited by our depth getting whipped in the second half.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
But to talk about Dak: I thought he played fine. Not great, not horrible. I liked that he took a deep shot to Gallup, but since it's preseason I'd want him to be more aggressive in the redzone.
I thought that was play calling. I mean come on go for it on 4th down it's preseason

Yoshimitsu

Lurch
Reaction score
I liked that pass he made to Gallup. Looked off on one side and then he jerked to the left and set his feet to make a good throw to find Gallup coming out his break. That's what will get him to that next level, by throwing with more anticipation. When he starts throwing his WR open he has made great progress

Ken

Reaction score
yeah that is the main bad thing about the O tonite.
The thing is I dont remember dak throwing into the endzone 1 time, and in PS this is the time to do that because if it gets picked or is a miss
so what, go ahead and make those type throws for experience.
As it was they played it like it was a real game and lets get the fg ! lol
The ball that got batted up was to the end zone.

And it is a good thing it was because it was likely picked .....bad pass

Last edited:

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Ridiculous. Cooper Rush was horrible. I think it was someone else with anxiety not the quarterback it's you that has zero faith and is throwing abilities. How can you possibly say a quarterback has no confidence.

How can he say that? Because he's a grade A idiot. An imbecile with no objective thought. All he knows is that he hates Dak Prescott for some irrational reason.

jnday

Reaction score
There were more than a few of us here who were trying to say Linehan wasn't the real problem, yet he had to take the fall for the red headed genius.
When all is said and done, I think it will be shown that Linehan was not that big of a problem. He was limited on his play-calling due to the talent he had to work with. Dak is not the typical QB that makes accurate throws down the field.

starfan1

Reaction score
And if that routes covered and he throws the pick the same people that want him to take the shot will cry about the pick

I just want to see him go through his reads quick I want to see him make solid throws to the correct read with proper mechanics

And yes I want accuracy but those complaining of Gallup throw will complain about anything Dak related it wasn’t off by much

Just inches lol! Gallup wasn’t getting in end zone regardless

glimmerman

Reaction score
Look at his qbr. Lol. He did ok let’s see a few series next week. He looked better than white.

Where are all the white supporters today.

GroundZero1970

Reaction score
It’s a shame we didn’t show the NFL all the wrinkles in the offense while playing second and third team players, practice squad players, and September Walmart shelf stockers. What were they thinking?
Oh look another smart mouth....We could have worked on our redzone stuff , you know the thing we stuggle with, but we didn't it looked like the same redzone b.s from last year...

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Red Zone ups his Panic factor immensely its pretty evident.
Hence the 29th ranking last season and it looked the same yesterday.
I swear you can smell how much he wants to tuck the ball and run run run when he's in the Red Zone as he has 0 faith in his throwing abilities!

I wish he would tuck and run. He's had success doing it and I could care less whether he throws for a TD or runs for one. Its almost like he fears being labeled a running Qb and goes out his way not to do it.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Same old Goofy Dak still portraying a unsure on his feet vibe and panic in the pocket I mean dang you can feel it sitting in your living room!
Just compare Dak's drop backs to Rush? Say what you will but Rush at least gives you a feeling that there's a real NFL QB in the pocket not panic Sally.
Anyway to summarize if Zeke doesn't start from week 1 get ready for a lot of Pain and a FG kicking offense courtesy of yes our own Mr. Prescott!
Troll.

rags

Reaction score
Its preseason. The offense coordinator is not going to tip its hand. Dak looked like Dak. The first string line looked good. We were missing Coop, Zeke and Martin. No injuries, so it was a good series.

Exactly. I knew going in that the Cowboys offensive game plan was going to be pure vanilla. You don't want to give NY anything on tape that they can use in Game 1 of the season.

Techsass

Reaction score
I don't get all of the Red Zone angst. Wasn't the batted ball directed to the receiver well inside of the 5 a risky enough attempt that you don't try in a regular game?

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
It’s a shame we didn’t show the NFL all the wrinkles in the offense while playing second and third team players, practice squad players, and September Walmart shelf stockers. What were they thinking?

You can still open the play book a bit in preseason and not give away all the secret squirrel plays. Do you not agree Moore needs the experience?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Red zone offense is still not putting TDs on the board and its why we lost.
you mean Boy Wonder did get the ball in the end zone with his new innovative mind and approach to the game of football?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wish he would tuck and run. He's had success doing it and I could care less whether he throws for a TD or runs for one. Its almost like he fears being labeled a running Qb and goes out his way not to do it.

Ya he doesn't labeled a running QB cause you know what happens to them sooner or later plus he wants the BIG BUCKS baby.....oh well

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score

How much of that is coaching? If I recall there was the same talk about turning Romo into a pocket passer.