Dak's play tonight

blueblood70

Reaction score
Red zone offense is still not putting TDs on the board and its why we lost.
you mean the one without Martin, Cooper, Zeke, witten or Morris and using a vanilla scheme? I give them a break for this and hey Maher needs work in live games so it wasn't all bad..

I do get your point it looked like business as usual but being PS I wont judge harshly, if this happens for most of game 1 id be throwing up red flags..

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When all is said and done, I think it will be shown that Linehan was not that big of a problem. He was limited on his play-calling due to the talent he had to work with. Dak is not the typical QB that makes accurate throws down the field.

Yes he does just ask David Carr.....

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I've gone from "HATER" to a Troll....hmmm think I'm moving up in the world....:muttley:

Family photo op?

trolls-picture-id628835404

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I wish he would tuck and run. He's had success doing it and I could care less whether he throws for a TD or runs for one. Its almost like he fears being labeled a running Qb and goes out his way not to do it.

He's had 6 TDs in all three seasons, but sure LMAO.
It's preseason, your franchise running it in the redzone is a moronic idea. No surprise you would have preferred it.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Someone had to start this thread.

Anyone know who caught Brett Favre's first pass completion? If I recall correctly, it was Brett Favre himself, back when he played for Atlanta. Tipped ball at the line, up in the air, caught it himself, tackle for loss. Dak and Favre have something in common I guess, they both pulled this off.

Apparently it went on the books as one of Dak's 4 completions tonight, giving him a 4 for 4 completion rate. All things considered I guess tipped balls are going to happen, and it's nice that Dak had the wherewithal to minimize the damage by securing the ball.

Does anyone have a clip of the long ball to Gallup that led to a pass interference call? From the one angle I saw on broadcast, it looked like the ball was right on target and the defender interfered out of desperation. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Otherwise I dont remember seeing much besides some short passes and some handoffs. I'm not surprised, it was the first and only series for the first team offense in the first preseason game of the year. There are lots of knee jerk reactions going around right now but I think any strong opinion is unjustified after the first preseason game.

All-in-all I'd like to see things start looking smoother as we get closer to opening day, tonight mostly looked like a goofy preseason game. Dak-Watch will have to simmer for another week.

I am impressed what i saw from Prescott. He looked like a different QB to me.

He was way more calm in the pocket. This was the first time that i see him making a second read. Again he looked calm and decicive.

His throws were better. He wasnt on target when he hit Gallup on a crossing pattern but still his ball was thrown with the right zip. Not to hard, very good feel for the pass thats needed.

The pass interference on the long pass to Gallup was also a good thrown ball. If the CB woupdnt have hooked Gallups left arm it would have been a nice completion. The ball went right there were its supposed to be thrown.

I am looking forward to see if Prescott is able to keep this up. In this game he had clean pockets. Next step for him will be if he is able to handle preassure better (show more pocket presence).

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You can still open the play book a bit in preseason and not give away all the secret squirrel plays. Do you not agree Moore needs the experience?
The “secret squirrel plays” aren’t the issue. That’s a minuscule part of the offense. It’s more the way the overall offense will look - what opponents actually game plan for week in and week out - plus the fact that the first team offense isn’t even playing together in the game. It was a smattering of a couple of starters, some only playing a series (like Dak) or two, and second and third team guys, and others that will be on the practice team, or get cut without making the team at all. A hodgepodge like that isn’t conducive to working on much.

Number1

Reaction score
Ridiculous. Cooper Rush was horrible. I think it was someone else with anxiety not the quarterback it's you that has zero faith and is throwing abilities. How can you possibly say a quarterback has no confidence.

good point, but Rush did look overwhelmed, both he and White

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
its preseason dak was pretty good really lots of vets out who didn't play was pretty brutal to watch Wilson will probably be the sixth wr if his injury don't derail that

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Dak looked okay. He played like he always does. Didn't see anything new out of him. Kinda shocked they didn't leave him in another series. You usually want to take your first string offense out after a positive series. Catching your own pass and settling for a FG wasn't it.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Well, its better than going 1-4 with a pick
I thought he was fine, but its all relative. We started about 8 starters and they started almost all backups.

Preseason. He got out of there in one piece, so a relative success
:flagwave:

Again, preseason
Theres a bunch of backup QBs that put up good numbers, often vs backups.

There were a few starters that opened up games like Dak did
Here are the results...fwiw

Sam Darnold 5-6 , 86 yards, 1 TD
Kirk Cousins. 4-4, 65 yards, 1 TDs
Baker Mayfield. 5-6, 76 yards, 1 TD
Lamar Jackson 4-5, 59 yards, 1 TDs
Jameis Winston. 4-5, 40 yards, 1 TD
Patrick Mahomes, 4-4, 66 yards, 0 TDs
Andy Dalton. 7-9, 80 yards, 0 TDs
Kyler Murray. 4-5, 44 yards, 0 TDs
Ryan Tennehill. 12-16, 171 yards, 2 TDs...prob not the starter
DAK PRESCOTT, 4-4, 23 yards, 0 TDs
Or Marcus Mariotta. 2-4, 22 yards, 0 TDs
Joe Flacco 3-4, 17 yards, 0 TDs

Last edited:

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Just one drive. Not a lot to go on with maybe a bit to grow on. Daks chemistry with Gallup is apparent. I heard someone say that Gallup on the offensive side of the ball was having the best camp. Michael looks good and Dak seems to trust him.

Great to know that. If we can get 2 guys the D has to worry about and some swing passing to RB's we open up more possibilities re new types of plays....

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
The “secret squirrel plays” aren’t the issue. That’s a minuscule part of the offense. It’s more the way the overall offense will look - what opponents actually game plan for week in and week out - plus the fact that the first team offense isn’t even playing together in the game. It was a smattering of a couple of starters, some only playing a series (like Dak) or two, and second and third team guys, and others that will be on the practice team, or get cut without making the team at all. A hodgepodge like that isn’t conducive to working on much.

The funny thing about Garrett's offense over the past 8 or 9 seasons is that it looks exactly the same whether its preseason or regular season. The only difference is most of the starters never get to play in preseason.

But I will agree we may see a few new things with Moore as the OC. Unless he's restricted to Garrett's playbook like Linehan.

HungryLion

Reaction score
It means nothing if you pile up a ton of yards but fail to get points out of all the work. But yeah, we're just a bunch of whiny trolls.

It’s preseason.

People are overreacting in both directions.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The funny thing about Garrett's offense over the past 8 or 9 seasons is that it looks exactly the same whether its preseason or regular season. The only difference is most of the starters never get to play in preseason.

But I will agree we may see a few new things with Moore as the OC. Unless he's restricted to Garrett's playbook like Linehan.
We can whine and assume everyone that says Moore is installing a lot of motion and some fresh ideas is lying to us, or we can wait and see. Take your pick.

Praxit

Reaction score
..I was content just seeing 1st team move the ball well downfield. Pollard had positive yardage on every carry. Dak spread the ball around. I would have went for the score instead of FG but no biggie.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
It means nothing if you pile up a ton of yards but fail to get points out of all the work. But yeah, we're just a bunch of whiny trolls.
We ended up with 3 points, not fail to get points. Huge difference.

You score 3 points a drive on average amount of drives a game and you score 30 points.

As I said a bunch of whining Bs.