Dak's play tonight

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ya he doesn't labeled a running QB cause you know what happens to them sooner or later plus he wants the BIG BUCKS baby.....oh well

I don't expect designed running plays or naked bootlegs. I'm talking about the pocket is breaking down, nobody is open, and the 1st down stick is 6 yards away. He needs to go get it and keep the chains moving.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How much of that is coaching? If I recall there was the same talk about turning Romo into a pocket passer.

Romo made a living on turning broken down plays into first downs. He also had much better pocket awareness than Dak. Romo knew where the pressure was coming from and he was outstanding rolling away from it. Dak steps into a lot of sacks and hits,.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't expect designed running plays or naked bootlegs. I'm talking about the pocket is breaking down, nobody is open, and the 1st down stick is 6 yards away. He needs to go get it and keep the chains moving.

Yep but he decides to show us all something that is not on his talent list "Qualified Pocket passer" for reasons any football fan would know.

Nav22

Reaction score
Same old Goofy Dak still portraying a unsure on his feet vibe and panic in the pocket I mean dang you can feel it sitting in your living room!
Just compare Dak's drop backs to Rush? Say what you will but Rush at least gives you a feeling that there's a real NFL QB in the pocket not panic Sally.
Anyway to summarize if Zeke doesn't start from week 1 get ready for a lot of Pain and a FG kicking offense courtesy of yes our own Mr. Prescott!
Tell us you think Cooper Rush is better than Dak and should be the starter.

Do it. Become an even bigger joke than you already are.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep but he decides to show us all something that is not on his talent list "Qualified Pocket passer" for reasons any football fan would know.

He just needs to win.........and its not going to look like Aikman or Romo.

Reactions: CWR

Nav22

Reaction score
When all is said and done, I think it will be shown that Linehan was not that big of a problem. He was limited on his play-calling due to the talent he had to work with. Dak is not the typical QB that makes accurate throws down the field.
Great analysis!

Oh wait, you’re the know-nothing who recently said there are ZERO NFL starting QBs who Dak is better than.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tell us you think Cooper Rush is better than Dak and should be the starter.

Do it. Become an even bigger joke than you already are.

When it comes to "Jokers' you're simply unbeatable Navman. Now moving on yes with the first team Rush passing stats (you know using your arm only) would outperform Dak in a heartbeat!
Outdoing Dak's passing stats is really no real accomplishment I hope you understand that.

P.S. Just ask David Carr think he's retired from the NFL lol....

Nav22

Reaction score
When it comes to "Jokers' you're simply unbeatable Navman. Now moving on yes with the first team Rush passing wise (you know using your arm only) would outperform Dak in a heartbeat!
Outdoing Dak's passing stats is really no real accomplishment I hope you understand that.

P.S. Just ask David Carr think he's retired from the NFL lol....
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

You’re literally a complete idiot.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Wentz would have caught the ball and run for a TD backwards moon walking into the end zone, lol. He is that good to some here.

817Gill

Reaction score
The offense was effective moving the ball the first couple series. Dak had time and he hit the open receivers as did Rush early on. Run game was so-so, with Jarwin looking bad blocking.

I am excited about Gallup and Cedrick Wilson looked good also. Jarwin looked good as a pass catcher.

Someone mentioned the offense looking the same...I think that was completely by design. We saw no motion from the offense, which has been the buzzword throughout camp.

Very excited about corner and safety play. Not so excited by our depth getting whipped in the second half.
Yup we are practicing motion heavily in camp I don’t expect them to show too much in exhibition games

817Gill

Reaction score
It means nothing if you pile up a ton of yards but fail to get points out of all the work. But yeah, we're just a bunch of whiny trolls.
Dude it’s the freakin preseason calm down. Play calling, roster (no Zeke, Martin, Cooper, Witten), and importance are nowhere near how it’s gonna be when we actually play.

No Kellen Moore wasn’t dialing it up the way he will week 1.

No the roster was not an accurate representation of what will be on the field week 1.

And no the importance and risk-taking factors are not anything like they will be week 1.

Save yourself some stress man it’s not any indication of anything. Just like Dak’s preseason TD drive to Gallup week 1 last year didn’t mean him, Gallup, and the WR by committee were gonna be tossin it around either

Tarheelcowboy

Reaction score
How can he say that? Because he's a grade A idiot. An imbecile with no objective thought. All he knows is that he hates Dak Prescott for some irrational reason.

Why Is he an idiot? Because he don't see it the way you do? Who made you the total and be all of talent evaluators?

Dak does suck he is mediocre. Even the players around the league believe so. Only Dak lovers believe Dak is great or even good.

Look stop with the name calling crap. All this name calling is meant to divide and I thought we are all cowboy fans. One nation under the STAR.

pitt33

Reaction score
On the only series #4 played, he completed a short pass to a receiver (I was VERY tired and can't remember who) crossing under the LB's. That pass was (typically) behind the receiver which, IMO, caused the receiver to slow down, allowing the LB's to catch up to him. He may have scored if the pass was placed properly.

This has been my only reason for disliking #4. He's got the heart of a warrior, athletic, and strong, but his ability to hit a receiver in stride or lead him to an open area is horrible. Some think he can learn it, but if he was going to he would have already.
I agree wholeheartedly on this facet of his game which happens to be his worst. His receivers are always reaching for the ball.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
When all is said and done, I think it will be shown that Linehan was not that big of a problem. He was limited on his play-calling due to the talent he had to work with. Dak is not the typical QB that makes accurate throws down the field.

And he wants more than 30M, which he turned down.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
you mean the one without Martin, Cooper, Zeke, witten or Morris and using a vanilla scheme? I give them a break for this and hey Maher needs work in live games so it wasn't all bad..

I do get your point it looked like business as usual but being PS I wont judge harshly, if this happens for most of game 1 id be throwing up red flags..
No, I was talking about the one with Dak, Fredrick, Jarwin, Pollard, Wilson, Johnson and Kellen Moore calling the plays. It should have been enough to get at touchdown considering the 49ers were not playing a full-strength either.

Making excuses for this lack of production is what you do when you should be more critical.