Dak's play tonight

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Same old Goofy Dak still portraying a unsure on his feet vibe and panic in the pocket I mean dang you can feel it sitting in your living room!
Just compare Dak's drop backs to Rush? Say what you will but Rush at least gives you a feeling that there's a real NFL QB in the pocket not panic Sally.
Anyway to summarize if Zeke doesn't start from week 1 get ready for a lot of Pain and a FG kicking offense courtesy of yes our own Mr. Prescott!
As usual.....BS.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
The Red Zone ups his Panic factor immensely its pretty evident.
Hence the 29th ranking last season and it looked the same yesterday.
I swear you can smell how much he wants to tuck the ball and run run run when he's in the Red Zone as he has 0 faith in his throwing abilities!
OMgosh, another BS post. Pappy, you are 2 for 2 on just the first page.

aikemirv

Reaction score
If we get all this discussion from 4 plays in the preseason, we might need to a new sub-forum for Dak when the regular season starts.
Limted sample creates extra scrutiny of each footstep!

It is pretty silly.

Fair comment though that the tipped pass very well could have been an int.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Look at his qbr. Lol. He did ok let’s see a few series next week. He looked better than white.

Where are all the white supporters today.

I'll never understand how people can rationalize bad job performance by pointing to someone else who is bad at their job.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I'll never understand how people can rationalize bad job performance by pointing to someone else who is bad at their job.
Please explain.. All I was saying is that Dak did good in his small amount, White was not good at all and just last season there was people saying Dak needs to be benched and White needs to be the starter and he will take Rush's job quickly. He either had a really bad night or he isn't progressing..

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There are nine players around the line of scrimmage, clogging the passing lanes. Every pass is not going to be on target, no matter how great the QB is. Dak's play tonight was too small of a sample size to put together a real projection for the season.

But based off of our redzone struggles from last year, I'm thinking we're going to see more interceptions around the goal line from Dak this year. Simply because I think he'll be trying to force the throw in, to quite the doubters.

Yeah like he is concerned about what is posted or said about him over winning the game.

I can see him forcing the ball to Witten for quite a few scores or just handing the ball off to Zeke for the TD, because now we have a true end zone threat in Witten.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Yeah like he is concerned about what is posted or said about him over winning the game.

I can see him forcing the ball to Witten for quite a few scores or just handing the ball off to Zeke for the TD, because now we have a true end zone threat in Witten.
He looked good in his series last night. Need to see a few series next week. I want to see how well he can finish drives. Also need to see more Pollard.4 touches isn't enough, get this kid cranked up and see if he is gonna be able to handle it. Wasn't used as a bell cow ever. But can he back up Elliot or are we gonna use Morris. Likely both..

pacboyX

Reaction score
People can say Dak looks anxious in pocket or what not early in the game..but in the 4th quarter time after time he shows composure and great leadership.

We went from a QB that could put up those touchdowns in crazy fashion and great passes but literally in fourth quarter you don’t know what your gonna get. To a quarterback that plays a bit more conservatively with the ball and you know what you are gonna get in the 4th quarter of we are within range of winning. His play suits our defense and our entire team as a whole. Sure I loved Romo and defended him as much as possible but I also love Dak for what he has shown me as a leader...and I didn’t like him coming out of college because I didn’t like his throwing motion on deep balls but there are pros and cons with everybody.

Nav22

Reaction score
did you see him in that giants game...he was awesome against the giants...last game of the season. nothing on the line. giants sleep walking. what a game...
Loose translation:

“I don’t like Dak but he’s going to be our QB for YEARS AND YEARS!!! He’s SO much better at life than I am!!!”
:angry::angry::angry:

Nav22

Reaction score
I am not backtracking at all. I even said that some second string QBs could perform just as well if not better than Dak with the talent on this team. I was looking at QB ratings earlier and Dak was ranked 24th last year in one of the rating systems , so my claims are really not that far off of how everyone else sees Dak that isn’t a Dallas homer. Passing for 200 yards a game is a very low standard anyway you look at it and Dak has struggled to reach that goal in many games even when the defenses were keying in on Zeke. By the way, we can compare IQ scores anytime.
You clearly don’t know anything about math/statistics/efficiency since you keep bringing up “200 yards” like a Neanderthal.
:laugh:

“With the talent on this team” LOLLLLL yeah, you don’t know football either. QB is by far the most important position on the field, Dallas is no exception.

What would Cooper Rush’s record be this year if Dak were to miss the 2019 season?

Don’t be a coward and say you don’t know, you’ve already decided that “some 2nd string QBs” are as good as Dak or better.

Speaking of which, go ahead and name some of those 2nd string gems!!! We’re all ears!!!

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Please explain.. All I was saying is that Dak did good in his small amount, White was not good at all and just last season there was people saying Dak needs to be benched and White needs to be the starter and he will take Rush's job quickly. He either had a really bad night or he isn't progressing..

Not to offend you but why exactly would we give a rat's bleep about how Mike White performed when it comes to Dak? The two are irrelevant to each other and there isn't any reason to try and tie the 2 together. It's a common problem in our society, people use others poor performance to justify their own.

bsbellomy

Reaction score

And I'm not saying at all that Dak had a bad night, I'm just saying there wasn't any reason to bring Mike White's game into the evaluation of it.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Not to offend you but why exactly would we give a rat's bleep about how Mike White performed when it comes to Dak? The two are irrelevant to each other and there isn't any reason to try and tie the 2 together. It's a common problem in our society, people use others poor performance to justify their own.
Must have been a misunderstanding, I wasn't trying to tie the 2 together at all. Was just saying that Dak had a pretty descent drive last night 4 of 4, even threw one to himself.. LOL.. While making the statement I was also giving my evaluation of Whites night. Could have made 2 separate posts and maybe should have. Wasn't comparing the 2. There is no comparison.

jnday

Reaction score
You clearly don’t know anything about math/statistics/efficiency since you keep bringing up “200 yards” like a Neanderthal.
:laugh:

“With the talent on this team” LOLLLLL yeah, you don’t know football either. QB is by far the most important position on the field, Dallas is no exception.

What would Cooper Rush’s record be this year if Dak were to miss the 2019 season?

Don’t be a coward and say you don’t know, you’ve already decided that “some 2nd string QBs” are as good as Dak or better.

Speaking of which, go ahead and name some of those 2nd string gems!!! We’re all ears!!!
Foles is a quick example. He can actually pass the football. QB is the most important position on this team so why are you settling for a QB that struggles to be average. You should have higher standards. I know more about Dak than you ever will. I have been following him since high school. Guess what? He couldn’t be counted on to be consistent with his passes then either. He has not progressed that much and he has the same problems now that he has had since he was a kid. The NFL is a passing league and you are gooey-eyed over a QB that can’t consistently pass the ball. You and a small percentage of Dallas fans are the only ones that’s think he can.

Nav22

Reaction score
Foles is a quick example. He can actually pass the football. QB is the most important position on this team so why are you settling for a QB that struggles to be average. You should have higher standards. I know more about Dak than you ever will. I have been following him since high school. Guess what? He couldn’t be counted on to be consistent with his passes then either. He has not progressed that much and he has the same problems now that he has had since he was a kid. The NFL is a passing league and you are gooey-eyed over a QB that can’t consistently pass the ball. You and a small percentage of Dallas fans are the only ones that’s think he can.
Since you clearly don’t know football or have any clue about what you’re seeing, let me inform you of something:

Nick Foles is no longer a backup QB. He was paid handsomely by the Jaguars to be their starter.

Dak will still make a lot more money than Foles is making... psst, that’s another hint that you’re a know-nothing who should find a new hobby.

Figures that you’re too cowardly to name some of these magical 2nd string QB who grow on trees with the ability to go 32-16 over 3 years with a 96.0 passer rating and an 83-25 total TD/INT ratio.
:lmao2:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Loose translation:

“I don’t like Dak but he’s going to be our QB for YEARS AND YEARS!!! He’s SO much better at life than I am!!!”
:angry::angry::angry:
wrong translation. the correct translation

I like Dak, I just don't drool uncontrollably when I hear the word Dak like Dak Lovers.

:omg::thumbup: