Twitter: Daks QBR against winning teams

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
my browser is so slow it’s still loading from a few days ago.

On the plus side, I omitted his bad game against Dallas because they’re no longer a +.500 team, so nailed one and missed one. It happens

Nailed what LMAO? You didn't nail a thing. You intentionally left out the most recent game.

That's a BAD look. Sorry for outing you like that.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Nailed what LMAO? You didn't nail a thing. You intentionally left out the most recent game.

That's a BAD look. Sorry for outing you like that.

I don’t think it’s a bad look, still averages out way over 49 against winning teams, which was the whole point of bringing it up

Mr_437

Reaction score
I think it depends moreso on how the team wins too. QBs often have impeccable QBRs against KC but get destroyed regardless. Whereas everybody sucks when they play Baltimore’s defense.
No doubt. So then a QBR vs Top 10 (15, 20) defenses is what we need.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Don’t all players in any sport play better against bad teams than they do against good teams? Without other QB’s QBR against good teams, this stat means nothing. In fact, I would assume being average against good teams in probably above average.

If every other QB has a below average rating against good teams, then QBR is broken.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
No doubt. So then a QBR vs Top 10 (15, 20) defenses is what we need.

but then there’s injuries. Everyone here can hate on the eagles all they want, but you can’t ignore the fact that the team looked way different in week 1 when Desean Jackson had 150 yards in the 3 quarter alone. Or for the 3 or 4 games we had a healthy Alshon, or Jordan Howard wasnt out of the lineup, or when we had more than 2 of our starting Olineman, etc.

Davante Adams misses significant time for GB, contributing to A-rod’s lower number, and even Dak hasn’t had a 100% Amari very often this season.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
This must be all time not this season and I have no idea why stats from prior years have any implications for this year's MVP.

Here are Daks stats against teams with winning records this season:

New Orleans - 22-33, 67%, 223 yds, 1 Int, QBR 73.2
Green Bay - 27-44, 61.3%, 463 yds, 2 TDs, 3 Int, QBR 83.8
Minnesota - 28-46, 60.8%, 397 yds, 3 TDs, 1 Int, QBR 101.5
New England - 19-33, 57.5%, 212 yds, 1 Int, QBR 64.2
Buffalo - 32-49, 65.3%, 355 yds, 2 TD, 1 Int, QBR 91.8

That New England game in that weather was a problem for both QBs and only 1 TD was scored in the game.

I am not suggesting Dak belongs in the conversation for MVP, the kid in Baltimore is way ahead of Dak in that race, but Dak has not been all that bad in games against winning teams this year and certainly not a QBR below 50. That is total BS. Unfortunately, Dak had a terrible game yesterday and it was not measured in stats, which were okay. Dak looked off yesterday and that is not in dispute.

He is discussing ESPN's QBR, not the normal quarterback rating.

Mr_437

Reaction score
but then there’s injuries. Everyone here can hate on the eagles all they want, but you can’t ignore the fact that the team looked way different in week 1 when Desean Jackson had 150 yards in the 3 quarter alone. Or for the 3 or 4 games we had a healthy Alshon, or Jordan Howard wasnt out of the lineup, or when we had more than 2 of our starting Olineman, etc.

Davante Adams misses significant time for GB, contributing to A-rod’s lower number, and even Dak hasn’t had a 100% Amari very often this season.
All true, yet I draw the line at vs Top defenses...the other is filed away in the excuses box. Shame on you dude.. your team won the SB w/o the starting QB and LT.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
All true, yet I draw the line at vs Top defenses...the other is filed away in the excuses box. Shame on you dude.. your team won the SB w/o the starting QB and LT.

I can be a sore winner and still make excuses when we win. The point may really be that even QBR is a team stat

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Let’s discuss. This is interesting

You can't just average the QBR from each game together.

Dak's QBR for the season is 74.7; however, if I average together his QBR for each game it comes out to 69.5 for all 12 games.

His QB Rating which is a stat than can be averaged together, is:

Season: 99.8
vs Losing Teams: 111.1
vs Winning Teams: 83.0

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Thanks for posting that. People were asking about how other qbs faired

From a quick glance at QBRs against winning teams, when it comes to QBs considered "good", it seems Watson is the only one who is similar/worse than Dak. Jimmy G has a worse one as well, but honestly, I still have no idea how ESPN gave him a 27.1 QBR for the Packers game. Seems they penalized him for limited throw attempts, but I've seen backup QBs with 8 attempts get higher QBRs than that. Just weird.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
From a quick glance at QBRs against winning teams, when it comes to QBs considered "good", it seems Watson is the only one who is similar/worse than Dak. Jimmy G has a worse one as well, but honestly, I still have no idea how ESPN gave him a 27.1 QBR for the Packers game. Seems they penalized him for limited throw attempts, but I've seen backup QBs with 8 attempts get higher QBRs than that. Just weird.

This is weird.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
I find it odd you left out last week against the Seahawks when he had a 26.3 QBR

Or what about his 37.5 QBR against the Cowboys D? Dak's QBR was nearly double that in the game LMAO

Now... why would that be?

For reference Dak had 10 point higher QBR in the worst of conditions against the best defense in the league.

What a failure of a post.
Dak never had to contend with what Wentz had to deal with the last couple weeks either, especially last week with every skill position starter out and 2 All-Pro offensive lineman out. except TE,

We've been fortunate on offense with injuries. The Jets is the game we were missing the most players.