Twitter: Dak's Status Unknown for Sunday; Calf Sore

Carson

Reaction score
Rush will be ready. Sureeee. Going to be a 10/24, 110 yards, 0/2 kind of night. Stacked boxes all game

RonnieT24

Reaction score
What Jerry is saying. The Cowboys can't ever make anything simple, this is going to be a long Friday and long weekend, if we don't get a clear answer by tomorrow.

At this point I think the Cowboys are just playing games with the media and the Vikings.. What makes you think they are going to provide a "clear answer" one second before they absolutely have to? What would be their motivation for doing so? To help the Vikings get ready?

reddyuta

Reaction score
ugh,noodle arm Rush will kill Us,no chance we win a single game with him at QB.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
At this point I think the Cowboys are just playing games with the media and the Vikings.. What makes you think they are going to provide a "clear answer" one second before they absolutely have to? What would be their motivation for doing so? To help the Vikings get ready?

Some believe they are just playing games but others believe they are sending in secret codes to get the fans ready for Dak not playing. We won't know until they make an official announcement.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Some believe they are just playing games but others believe they are sending in secret codes to get the fans ready for Dak not playing. We won't know until they make an official announcement.

I like forcing the Vikings to prepare for two completely different QBs. One of whom they only have a few preseason quarters of film on. Don't you?

RicKospia

Reaction score
hers believe they are sending in secret codes to get the fans ready for Dak not playing. We won't know until they make an official announcement.[/QUOTE] Dak said we would be talking about his calf for two weeks when it happened & he was right !

Havic

Reaction score
If Rush plays we will need quick passes, screens, and a strong running attack.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
If Rush plays we will need quick passes, screens, and a strong running attack.

Fortunately we have all of those in our playbook. The Browns ran the ball down the Vikings' throat when they played them. And Mayfield was awful that night. I feel fairly confident that Rush can at least match what he did against them.. and Zeke and Pollard can do what Chubb and Hunt did.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
There doesn't seem like there is a chance he plays, nor should he. Can we just sign Cam now? At least he gives us a chance over the next couple of weeks. This is why we hate ownership, they will sit on their hands thinking Cooper will Rush to the rescue when all he can do is fail. Sigh.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Fortunately we have all of those in our playbook. The Browns ran the ball down the Vikings' throat when they played them. And Mayfield was awful that night. I feel fairly confident that Rush can at least match what he did against them.. and Zeke and Pollard can do what Chubb and Hunt did.
Seriously? Keenum is more than a capable backup, why on earth do you think Rush is also? When has Rush proven he can throw a forward pass?

JustChip

Reaction score
“Cooper Rush been handling bulk of first-team practice reps”

This normally would say that Rush will be the starter. I realize Dak doesn’t need the same practice as someone who hasn’t started for years, but I wonder if the Philly game from 2019 is in everyone’s minds.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The problem with that is the Vikes will probably do everything they can to stop the run, and try to rattle Rush by forcing him into passing situations. We'll see how it goes.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
The problem with that is the Vikes will probably do everything they can to stop the run, and try to rattle Rush by forcing him into passing situations. We'll see how it goes.
I think we know how this story goes if it indeed gets played out. I have zero faith

JustChip

Reaction score
2WveJsJ.gif
Just like before the Tampa game.

phildadon86

Reaction score
If his calf is still this sore after two weeks, it may not be a “one game/one week” injury. This may linger. THAT is why we need to make a move NOW, before it’s too late. We may be looking at some missed games, and Foles is a serviceable enough backup to keep us in the game until Dak comes back.
You love to think that dont you. Just like all of your IMPLOSION INCOMING threads.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I’m telling you these calf strains are nothing to play around with.

I had a really bad calf strain 5 weeks ago and it will just not go away. All the strengthening and massaging I do helps but it’s still going to take time to heal.

His was not nearly as bad as mine though.
What did you do bro?