Twitter: Dak's Status Unknown for Sunday; Calf Sore

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Seriously? Keenum is more than a capable backup, why on earth do you think Rush is also? When has Rush proven he can throw a forward pass?

Um Keenum didn't play when Cleveland beat the Vikings so he's not really relevant to this comparison. Mayfield played and went 15 for 33 for 155 yards and no TDs. I'm betting Rush can match that. Chubb and Hunt combined for 170 yards on 39 carries.. I'm betting Zeke and Pollard can match that too. Unlike you I am not going to dismiss Rush because he hasn't thrown a lot of regular season passes. He has shown flashes in this preseason stints.. Especially his rookie year when he basically took the backup job from several guys who had been here longer. Hell he took it from Gilbert after he got back from his injury this summer. If it's his time it's his time. I'm willing to give him a game to show he belongs or not.

bewp7

Reaction score
idk why they not get a back up after dak got hurt well they should have got a better back up in the off season if they had a brain

u had the bye and time. u just need a veteran back up who can give u a chance to win and sorry but cooper rush is not that at all.

learn a lesson jerry.

rambo2

Reaction score
He ain't playing.

Cooper Rush has 3 career pass attempts in 5 years.

We're on a 5 game winning streak and we're going to get embarrassed on national TV and will now be a game behind all the other 1 loss teams for the 1 seed.

Momentum gone.
Lol, you are so funny. Why in the world would this team get embarrassed with the roster that they have?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
“Cooper Rush been handling bulk of first-team practice reps”

This normally would say that Rush will be the starter. I realize Dak doesn’t need the same practice as someone who hasn’t started for years, but I wonder if the Philly game from 2019 is in everyone’s minds.

I'm sure it is.. But folks need to remember that before that Philly game Dak was not allowed to THROW at practice so they didn't even know if he could perform his #1 responsibility as a QB until game day. That was just stupid coaching. This is different.. He is doing everything the job entails this week.. He's just doing less of it. THAT is smart coaching.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I don’t think anyone has to ‘prepare’ for Cooper Rush.

That's the sort of thinking that gets teams beat by backups all the time. If they spend all week preparing to face a "Dak" game plan and we roll Rush out there they will spend the entire first half scrambling. Sure they will figure it out eventually but they could be down three scores by then if we execute. Zim aint that stupid.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Um Keenum didn't play when Cleveland beat the Vikings so he's not really relevant to this comparison. Mayfield played and went 15 for 33 for 155 yards and no TDs. I'm betting Rush can match that. Chubb and Hunt combined for 170 yards on 39 carries.. I'm betting Zeke and Pollard can match that too. Unlike you I am not going to dismiss Rush because he hasn't thrown a lot of regular season passes. He has shown flashes in this preseason stints.. Especially his rookie year when he basically took the backup job from several guys who had been here longer. Hell he took it from Gilbert after he got back from his injury this summer. If it's his time it's his time. I'm willing to give him a game to show he belongs or not.
You are indeed welcome to your thoughts, however:

- Who cares who Keenum played, he is historically a very good backup QB.
- Do you think 15 for 155 is going to beat the Vikes? Just having Mayfield at QB forces a D to be aware. With Rush at QB any team stacks the box, and you think our guys can run for almost 200 yards? C'mon.
- Several flashes in the pre season? Pre Season flahses? I expect better from you
- He doesn't belong as a quality QB, and is only one because he is the worst of our horrible choices of backups the last decae

I hope as well as you do we aren't forced to put him in their, but find me somebody with your realistic optimism is a stretch. If Dak is out for any stretch this AGAIN comes down to our morons not taking backup QB serously, let alone needing one with Dak coming off the injury he did

RonnieT24

Reaction score
idk why they not get a back up after dak got hurt well they should have got a better back up in the off season if they had a brain

u had the bye and time. u just need a veteran back up who can give u a chance to win and sorry but cooper rush is not that at all.

learn a lesson jerry.

No offense but how do you know that? He has barely played.. It's hard to show anything when you're just brought in to kneel down. At what point would you have played him over the last several seasons? The only time I think he SHOULD have played was the 2019 game at Philly when he had taken ALL the work all week because they didn't let Dak throw all week. That would have been the perfect spot for them to use him. But Garrett and co. botched it by inserting Dak with a bum wing into the game. It was clearly very early in that game that Dak was well below 100% ... Had they started Rush they could have brought Dak off the bench to energize the team!! Willis Reed style. He would not have even needed to play particularly well.. His presence would have elevated the team and likely won us the game because the defense was pretty good that day.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
That's the sort of thinking that gets teams beat by backups all the time. If they spend all week preparing to face a "Dak" game plan and we roll Rush out there they will spend the entire first half scrambling. Sure they will figure it out eventually but they could be down three scores by then if we execute. Zim aint that stupid.
Yeah, teams can watch the 3 games at QB rush has played in his brilliant 24 year career or maybe they can rewatch his pre sseason. Love the optiimism, however...

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I'd sit him another week. Obviously Dak believes he can play, but i'm thinking the medial staff will err on the side of caution.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Damn some of you guys must have failed a lotta tests in school because it seems like yall would just put the pencil down and turn the test in the first time you came to a question to which you didn't know the answer.. Good lord people.. There is more than two days left until the game kicks off. Who cares if the calf is a little sore after a hard workout? As long as it didn't hurt DURING the workout that means he can go and play the game and deal with the soreness on Monday morning. I guarantee you that Britt Brown put Dak through drills specifically designed to stress that calf. The fact that Dak came out the other end "sore" and not re-injured is actually encouraging news.
Ageee. Plus I think we can run against the Vikings. Just give them a heavy dose of Pollard/Zeke and limit Daks throws so hes not needing to run as much…anyways MM will have a solid game plan.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
You are indeed welcome to your thoughts, however:

- Who cares who Keenum played, he is historically a very good backup QB.
- Do you think 15 for 155 is going to beat the Vikes? Just having Mayfield at QB forces a D to be aware. With Rush at QB any team stacks the box, and you think our guys can run for almost 200 yards? C'mon.
- Several flashes in the pre season? Pre Season flahses? I expect better from you
- He doesn't belong as a quality QB, and is only one because he is the worst of our horrible choices of backups the last decae

I hope as well as you do we aren't forced to put him in their, but find me somebody with your realistic optimism is a stretch. If Dak is out for any stretch this AGAIN comes down to our morons not taking backup QB serously, let alone needing one with Dak coming off the injury he did

I don't need to THINK it will. It already has.. If the Vikings load up against the run and leave our receivers one on one all day Rush will hang at least 24 points on them. Regardless of your astute scouting report, he can actually throw the ball .. Just because he can't throw it as well as Dak is no reason to dismiss him. There's only maybe 20 guys on the planet who can throw it as well as Dak is right now. No I don't want him to have to play.. but if he does I expect Moore and McCarthy to call plays he can execute well. If everybody does their job, we will have a chance.. I am far more worried about Rush's lack of experience seeing NFL defenses than I am his ability to make throws.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I am hearing talking heads saying that the Minnesota game is not important. Yes it is. Not only we would fall behind a game with the other division leaders but it would also be a second conference loss. Dak needs to play.