Twitter: Dak's Status Unknown for Sunday; Calf Sore

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Kirwin on NFL radio made a good point...

You've already got 3 other NFC teams with just one loss. GB, Arizona, and TB. Forget about HFA, we would like to be in the conversation for at least a first round bye, no? Starting Rush would be conceding a loss. And btw, making Minnesota a 4-3 team pushes them back into the playoff picture. Do we really want any if this?

We don't want to lose this road conference game. Starting Rush would be a concession of sorts, let's be honest. I'd roll the dice with Dak if he feels he's good to go, and just take away Dak's running/scrambling game. Boom... decision done.
Problem is he injures this calf worse, forget about one or two games....tough call either way

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
160516-A-LF161-008A.JPG

RonnieT24

Reaction score
LOL, you just lost whatever cred....how many snaps did he play in preseason? There was no sense putting him/Zeke, etc, at risk and nobody played did they? Dude I get to be positive and enthusiastic, but post beliefs not facts about Dak playing in the preseason when he didn't. The simple fact is preseason means nothing except to pad the wallets of greedy owners, that is the reason we have one, and is the reason no teams plays their starters. Once you admit you were wrong, we can enjoy the back and forth :). Cheers

My God I didn't realize you were this thick.. My apologies.. I was referring to Dak's outstanding preseason performances his rookie season. Which again.. apparently you didn't watch so you didn't know about them. Up until they actually put him in games that year the Cowboys had Dak neck and neck with Jameil Showers because he was just a terrible practice player at that time. Then the lights went on and he took off. I get that you're apparently dug in on your "preseason doesn't matter" stance and you can't defend it so vehemently if you admit to having watched. But the fact of the matter is, preseason is an important tool for evaluation of players. You know who else looked really good during preseason his rookie year? Cooper Rush.. If I recall correctly he led all QBs in passer rating and pass TDs that year for the preseason.. Which is why the Cowboys sent the others packing and kept him as Dak's backup. But again.. I know you never watched any of it so you know nothing about it.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Why not??? I've never heard of Cam being a locker room cancer, have you??? I stand to be corrected if im wrong.
The guy has been a me first guy forever. Dak dives on that fumble in the SB. Cam not only isn’t good for the locker room. He’s just not very good in general. One of the greatest coaches and offensive coordinators in history couldn’t get him to play even close to his mvp level. That’s saying something

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He ain't playing.

Cooper Rush has 3 career pass attempts in 5 years.

We're on a 5 game winning streak and we're going to get embarrassed on national TV and will now be a game behind all the other 1 loss teams for the 1 seed.

Momentum gone.
R.fa4d335d4bd0ff773bb6d7c125629b19

Last edited:

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I would think Dak would still suit up and be available for the game if needed even if Rush ends up starting. But we'll see.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I would think Dak would still suit up and be available for the game if needed even if Rush ends up starting. But we'll see.
I disagree. If Dak is ruled out of the game, he won't even suit up. We want him to play but being ruled out means it's best for the team that he not play. That won't change during the game. Will Grier will be active as Cooper's backup if Dak is ruled out.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The more I listen to McCarthy and Stephen sounds like the odds of Dak playing are lowering. They keep talking about how much of the season we have left. There’s a lot that can be read into the comments they’re making. After the New England game they seemed to feel real good about him playing after the bye but it’s become a little iffy now.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I will also add why was Dak pushing it in practice and who told him to? Calf strains are the type of injuries you need to ease back into.
I disagree. If Dak is ruled out of the game, he won't even suit up. We want him to play but being ruled out means it's best for the team that he not play. That won't change during the game. Will Grier will be active as Cooper's backup if Dak is ruled out.

We'll see

GORICO

Reaction score
Stop playing games and just sit the man. Should’ve got Joe Flacco when the Eagles traded him. We need to make a move for Foles or something.

Flacco would not have been too bad for sure....but Cooper Rush knows the offense....my triple Plat stands with Cooper Rush as QB...Cooper Rush has rarely had 1st team O Line and 1st team weapons at

his disposal...we will win with Dak and if we have to we will win this one game with Cooper Rush....lets just realize it and go forward

GORICO

Reaction score
I will also add why was Dak pushing it in practice and who told him to? Calf strains are the type of injuries you need to ease back into.

We'll see

being sore is expected.....being sore is not a setback...lets realize that too

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Obviously none of us can wait until Sunday to find out, so let's argue over something none of us can control. ;)

FVSTONE

Reaction score

W
What Jerry is saying. The Cowboys can't ever make anything simple, this is going to be a long Friday and long weekend, if we don't get a clear answer by tomorrow.

Why should the Cowboys show their hand when it's only Friday. The Vikes will get their answer when Dak or Coop trots out for their opening series. Until then the Vikes have to get ready for two QBs...................

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
My God I didn't realize you were this thick.. My apologies.. I was referring to Dak's outstanding preseason performances his rookie season. Which again.. apparently you didn't watch so you didn't know about them. Up until they actually put him in games that year the Cowboys had Dak neck and neck with Jameil Showers because he was just a terrible practice player at that time. Then the lights went on and he took off. I get that you're apparently dug in on your "preseason doesn't matter" stance and you can't defend it so vehemently if you admit to having watched. But the fact of the matter is, preseason is an important tool for evaluation of players. You know who else looked really good during preseason his rookie year? Cooper Rush.. If I recall correctly he led all QBs in passer rating and pass TDs that year for the preseason.. Which is why the Cowboys sent the others packing and kept him as Dak's backup. But again.. I know you never watched any of it so you know nothing about it.

HAHA, LOLOL...So now you are talking about Dak's preseason 6 years ago? And I am supposed to believe this story? Now Rush led all QB's in his rookie preseason stats in his thus far glorious career? HAHA. I am sure there were 30 others teams that have been ringing Stephen's phone off the hook looking to sink their teeth and give the QB keys to their franchise to him. The fact that the franchise has gone with him over the likes of, Ben and Mike White is because they think they have the "it" factor in this guy? Now I will digress and won't disagree that he is useful in terms of knowing the offense, but to think he can take over the reigns and have opposing DC's believe they have to treat anything close to a successful backup QB is crazy. If you have watched any Cowboys football over the last 35 years + that I have, or watch any football over that timeframe you would be well aware that any opponent will take away the pass game and force them to win with the arm of their QB. If Coop does it, than awesome. There is currently no reason to think this can/will happen though or maybe the fact he has passed for 2 yards, and been in 6 games thus far in his career has you all tickled pink. This is the same guy who we cut to sign Andy Dalton, lol.

Thus, this franchise has failed in terms of bringing in a competent backup to play in this type of situational game. And oh, here are your 2017 preseason leaders in 2017, lol:

Passer Ratings: Rush (NFC), some guy named Sloter (AFC)
Yards: Matt Simms (NFC), Allen (JAC)
TD: Rush (NFC), some dude named Fales (AFC)

Maybe Sloter and Fales are available as well...sheesh I want him to succeed as much as the next guy but based on what confidence?