Twitter: Dak's Status Unknown for Sunday; Calf Sore

GORICO

Reaction score
What Jerry is saying. The Cowboys can't ever make anything simple, this is going to be a long Friday and long weekend, if we don't get a clear answer by tomorrow.

we are fans and fans stand for fanatics....so we are just being who we are...hanging on to every word about a football game played on sunday....as though it has implications of political world summit....actually

to me it has more implications

GORICO

Reaction score
Damn some of you guys must have failed a lotta tests in school because it seems like yall would just put the pencil down and turn the test in the first time you came to a question to which you didn't know the answer.. Good lord people.. There is more than two days left until the game kicks off. Who cares if the calf is a little sore after a hard workout? As long as it didn't hurt DURING the workout that means he can go and play the game and deal with the soreness on Monday morning. I guarantee you that Britt Brown put Dak through drills specifically designed to stress that calf. The fact that Dak came out the other end "sore" and not re-injured is actually encouraging news.

i vote Ronnie for pres

reddyuta

Reaction score
green bay gets bye by default,we have to win in lambeau in the dead of winter .

AshyLarry06

Reaction score
I’m telling you these calf strains are nothing to play around with.

I had a really bad calf strain 5 weeks ago and it will just not go away. All the strengthening and massaging I do helps but it’s still going to take time to heal.

His was not nearly as bad as mine though.

Not trying to belittle your injury...but cmon mayn. How in the hell are you going to say that a professional Footbal QUARTERBACK's injury is not as severe as yours??? UNLESS of course you yourself are ALSO a pro football player disguised as a normal Cowboys fan on here...:omg::omg::omg::clap::bow::confused::confused::oops::oops:

ESisback

Reaction score
Cooper Rush time

yikes

let's just focus on not getting any other injuries and look to the Broncos

A Cowboy loss now would build drama and increase rating$. It’s smart for us to rest Dak now. If KM can devise a winning game plan with Rush starting, the noise to lock him in will ramp up significantly.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe, maybe not. I would have said the same thing about Mike White who was in Dallas and yet he looks like he could be starting this weekend.

The Jets also traded for Joe Flacco, do they clear have their doubts.

Rush has to show me.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The Jets also traded for Joe Flacco, do they clear have their doubts.

Rush has to show me.

I'm just saying White appears to be the one that they will play this weekend. As for Rush, I agree he has to show himself if he has to start. I'm not expecting him to go out and carry this team. I would expect them to be more ball control offense and when he sees 1 on 1 outside take a shot down the field and trust that Cooper and Lamb can make the plays. What I do not want to see is him trying to be the hero, take what the defensive gives rely on your OL to give you protection and lean on the run game. Hell I would hope in 3rd and long situation that Moore would be content to run the ball and punt as opposed to putting Rush into pressure situations.

My hope still is Dak will be cleared to play, and I certainly would not want Rush being my every day starter but in a 1 game situation I just need him to play smart and protective of the football

rambo2

Reaction score
I don’t care what homers like you think.
It doesn't seem that way because you feel that you have to get the last word in no matter what and then will open up your big mouth again if you have any indication to being close to being correct in your nonsense.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Rub that magical spray that trainers have for soccer players he will be good to go.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Not trying to belittle your injury...but cmon mayn. How in the hell are you going to say that a professional Footbal QUARTERBACK's injury is not as severe as yours??? UNLESS of course you yourself are ALSO a pro football player disguised as a normal Cowboys fan on here...:omg::omg::omg::clap::bow::confused::confused::oops::oops:

Because he wouldn’t be walking if it was as bad as mine initially was.

Mine popped. He acted like his was nothing.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
If Dak feels OK Saturday, he'll likely play but if not, it seems we'll go with Rush. There's no justifiable reason to put the entire season in jeopardy for one game. It's a pretty simple thing to deal with, actually. If the plan holds true, the staff will make the decision Saturday. Seems like that's the deal. Las Vegas might have gotten the word before we did, when they elected to adjust the odds in the Viking's favor. o_O

Last edited:

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
I’m telling you these calf strains are nothing to play around with.

I had a really bad calf strain 5 weeks ago and it will just not go away. All the strengthening and massaging I do helps but it’s still going to take time to heal.

His was not nearly as bad as mine though.

My question then, is what the hell did he do? It was the last play of the game, on the throw to Lamb, and as far as I can recall he wasn't even hit?

I certainly don't want to call out this guy for being weak, Dak of all people. But man, how the hell did he tweak that calf?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
My question then, is what the hell did he do? It was the last play of the game, on the throw to Lamb, and as far as I can recall he wasn't even hit?

I certainly don't want to call out this guy for being weak, Dak of all people. But man, how the hell did he tweak that calf?

I think it may be an over use thing but I’m sure every individual case is different.

Michael Gallup strained his and still isn’t back.

Kevin Durant strained his and came back to quickly and popped his Achilles.

My own personal experience.. 3 days before I strained mine it had started to tighten and I never stretched it and then when I went back to my activity it just popped.

I think for some people this is just an injury that lingers and if it doesn’t require surgery about all he can do is rest/strengthen/massage/ and tape it up if he’s gonna play with it.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Bud, the preseason is where we discovered that Dak Prescott could play.. But you probably didn't see it cause.. you know preseason means absolutely nothing. zero, zip, nil.
LOL, you just lost whatever cred....how many snaps did he play in preseason? There was no sense putting him/Zeke, etc, at risk and nobody played did they? Dude I get to be positive and enthusiastic, but post beliefs not facts about Dak playing in the preseason when he didn't. The simple fact is preseason means nothing except to pad the wallets of greedy owners, that is the reason we have one, and is the reason no teams plays their starters. Once you admit you were wrong, we can enjoy the back and forth :). Cheers

Last edited:

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Need to see how it responds tomorrow. For now they need to prep like Rush is starting.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
He ain't playing.

Cooper Rush has 3 career pass attempts in 5 years.

We're on a 5 game winning streak and we're going to get embarrassed on national TV and will now be a game behind all the other 1 loss teams for the 1 seed.

Momentum gone.
One piece of advice. Wear looser fitting panties and you’ll get over your hissy fit.

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
Kirwin on NFL radio made a good point...

You've already got 3 other NFC teams with just one loss. GB, Arizona, and TB. Forget about HFA, we would like to be in the conversation for at least a first round bye, no? Starting Rush would be conceding a loss. And btw, making Minnesota a 4-3 team pushes them back into the playoff picture. Do we really want any if this?

We don't want to lose this road conference game. Starting Rush would be a concession of sorts, let's be honest. I'd roll the dice with Dak if he feels he's good to go, and just take away Dak's running/scrambling game. Boom... decision done.