Twitter: Dak's stock keeps rising

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If we sign Dak to a 4 year deal. We he have a window of 4 years of defensive players on rookie deals (your favorite). If we can hit on this draft alone picking in the top 5 of every round we are already contenders.

I love how you think rookie players wont get it done. But a rookie QB will. lol. You talk out of both sides of your mouth so often you remind me of someone who I wont mention.
Yes....because we are SO expertly adept in our drafts. :confused:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
It's not Dak's fault but there is zero chance Booger & Son can compete for anything while spending $35-40 million on a QB. They struggled to do it on his rookie deal.

The Cowboys only hope is to strike gold on a rookie contract. Maybe they could put together a decent team for a short while. Otherwise, there's little reason to have confidence in the Joneses.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Dude I was on this forum saying to draft a QB when Romo was here at the end. I’m consistent and my only problem with Dak is he wants elite money when he’s not elite.

Whether he's elite or not ( a premise I disagree with by the way) is really neither here nor there. As people like to keep reminding us.. It's a business. In business you pay what you have to in order to stay in business. If the Joneses are so sure Dak is not worth elite money they should have let him walk without the tag .. or let him test free agency on the open market. That way if the best offer Dak got was 20 million a year he would slink back to the table and accept anything above that they were willing to offer. But you know why they didn't do that? Because they know DAMN well 10-12 teams would have gladly paid him 30+ million a year to pilot the ship for them. And one or two would probably have offered him 40.. espn.com, nfl.com, cbssports.con all ranked him as the #1 free agent on the market back in March.. Not me.. not guys on this site but people who actually cover the league for living placed him there. What I can't find is a bunch of those same experts claiming he's not worth the money and should be released by Dallas.. Can you?

phildadon86

Reaction score
I agree.. Get something for him.. But.. Just getting the cap space would be enough for me.

I’ll go sign Stafford or something if I can’t get a Rookie.
Stafford has a losing record against winning teams. Yeah lets replace Dak ( who you say sucks against winning teams) with a guy who cant beat winning teams. And couldnt even make the playoffs with freaking Megatron. lol

phildadon86

Reaction score
I don’t think a rookie QB or Dak is a Super Bowl threat next season. That is some argument you dreamed up in your head because you Dak guys love your strawman arguments.

Rookie contract.. Rookie contract.. Got it?
Its not strawman to believe that we can put an average defense on the field next year with the draft position we have and watch Dak and the offense do what they were doing at the beginning of the season. I mean we could start Dalton but we know how that ends now.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Stafford has a losing record against winning teams. Yeah lets replace Dak ( who you say sucks against winning teams) with a guy who cant beat winning teams. And couldnt even make the playoffs with freaking Megatron. lol

Dak has 1’playoff win in 4 years and has had a lot of talent around him. Keep that same standard.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Its not strawman to believe that we can put an average defense on the field next year with the draft position we have and watch Dak and the offense do what they were doing at the beginning of the season. I mean we could start Dalton but we know how that ends now.

I agree.. Dak and the offense were NOT good enough to overcome our average defense last year.. But every time they scored 30 last year they won.. 8-0 .. Fast forward to this year they've scored 30 4 times and only won two of those. So even though the offense got better the defense fell so far off the cliff they negated the improvement. If the Cowboys just had LAST YEAR'S level of defense they'd be no worse than 5-3 and there's a good chance they'd still have their QB because he would not to be out there risking life and limb to try to inspire this bunch of gutless losers.. LOL! Give him the 2019 defense and he might have already been taken out of the game by the middle of the third quarter because we would have been blowing them out 24-7 and driving in the third to make it 31-7. Instead of Dak running in that situation he would have been handing off to Zeke and Pollard ..

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Stafford has how many playoff wins again? In three times as many seasons? I'll wait while you go look it up.

lol..

Stafford is a good player and a much better passer than Dak..

If Stafford wants 30 million and Dak wants 40 then it's a no brainer. I want value. Dak is awful value.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Stafford has how many playoff wins again? In three times as many seasons? I'll wait while you go look it up.

I'd love to see someone do Stafford's box scores.
Or Brady's for that matter.

After doing just 5 years of Dak's myself, I know for a fact, it ain't no easy, breezy, cheezy task. Sure you can take so and so writers numbers, but I won't. Some of them quoted Dak at 6 of 24 since 2017 vs winning teams, play off teams, teams above .500, which they never defined.

The boxes say he's only played 19 games vs above .500 since 2017. And he's won 6.
He's 6 of 19 or 6 wins, 13 losses since 2017. 6 of 24 is horse, just says they didn't do any research. Probably quoted numbers they read on a message board.

Please do Stafford and Brady. Do Rodgers and Brees. Do Fitzpatrick.

phildadon86

Reaction score
lol..

If Stafford wants 30 million and Dak wants 40 then it's a no brainer. I want value. Dak is awful value.
Wow you really are dense arent you? Stafford sucks. He had megatron and couldnt do a thing. All of a sudden hes going to come here and do better? At 30 plus years of age? Are you that blind? You already whiffed hard on your Dalton comments please dont die on this hill too.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Dak has 1’playoff win in 4 years and has had a lot of talent around him. Keep that same standard.
And stafford has none. lol. Keep that standard. You really dont hear yourself speak do you? I guess this is another "Dalton wont be a drop off from Dak" comment. Remember that amazing comment?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Wow you really are dense arent you? Stafford sucks. He had megatron and couldnt do a thing. All of a sudden hes going to come here and do better? At 30 plus years of age? Are you that blind? You already whiffed hard on your Dalton comments please dont die on this hill too.

Listen.. The fact you think Stafford sucks just proves how garbage your opinion is on this.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
And stafford has none. lol. Keep that standard. You really dont hear yourself speak do you? I guess this is another "Dalton wont be a drop off from Dak" comment. Remember that amazing comment?

I don’t want Stafford.. I want a rookie.

But I’d rather have Stafford at 30 million then Dak at 40.

I wanted Tom Brady for 2 years last offseason but was told he is too old and Dak is better.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Listen.. The fact you think Stafford sucks just proves how garbage your opinion is on this.
Lol my opinion is garbage? Ok tell us how Dalton is going to have no drop off from Dak again. lol. Please. I need a laugh today. Stafford sucks against winning teams. If youd like me to draw his stats against winning teams in crayon for you to understand it I will.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Lol my opinion is garbage? Ok tell us how Dalton is going to have no drop off from Dak again. lol. Please. I need a laugh today. Stafford sucks against winning teams. If youd like me to draw his stats against winning teams in crayon for you to understand it I will.

I said Dalton can get Dak like results..

Dak had 1-3 result and 8-8 the year before.

Dalton has an entire career of getting those types of results.. I don’t feel like that is controversial.

Neither Dak or Dalton make a difference in the outcome of games because they are bus driver QBs:

RonnieT24

Reaction score
lol..

Gee where have I read that before.. Oh yeah.. somebody said pretty much the exact same thing about Dalton..

"I think Dalton is a more skilled passer and will make better reads than Dak but Dak's athleticism gives him the overall edge."

Remember who said that? Cause I do..

Now that that idiotic proclamation has been proven false it's on the next "Anybody but Dak Prescott." Matthew Stafford step right up.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I said Dalton can get Dak like results..

Dak had 1-3 result and 8-8 the year before.

Dalton has an entire career of getting those types of results.. I don’t feel like that is controversial.

Neither Dak or Dalton make a difference in the outcome of games because they are bus driver QBs:
Winning is a team stat buddy. Dalton put up 50 yards of offense with the same team Dak had. Your argument has been destroyed on here so many times. I give you props for continuing to talk about it.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I'd love to see someone do Stafford's box scores.
Or Brady's for that matter.

After doing just 5 years of Dak's myself, I know for a fact, it ain't no easy, breezy, cheezy task. Sure you can take so and so writers numbers, but I won't. Some of them quoted Dak at 6 of 24 since 2017 vs winning teams, play off teams, teams above .500, which they never defined.

The boxes say he's only played 19 games vs above .500 since 2017. And he's won 6.
He's 6 of 19 or 6 wins, 13 losses since 2017. 6 of 24 is horse, just says they didn't do any research. Probably quoted numbers they read on a message board.

Please do Stafford and Brady. Do Rodgers and Brees. Do Fitzpatrick.

None of those kinds of stats matter because wins and losses are achieves by teams not individual players. I am fond of saying that no player in the NFL can win a game all by himself but a QB absolutely can lose a game all by himself. A QB can play okay or even bad and other areas of the team can cover it up. But if a QB is inept enough he can make it impossible for even a great team around him to overcome. But you can only determine that from watching a game. If you didn't watch the game then you have no way of knowing how many of his interceptions bounced off a receiver's hands.. Or how many of his fumbles were caused by a blindside hit because the line whiffed on a block. Having watched every snap of every game Dak has played in his career I can honestly say I have rarely come away from a game feeling like he was the main reason we lost. Sure he has contributed... but I've not often left a game thinking "gee if only we had so and so at QB we would have won. On the flip side I have watched several games where I thought he absolutely bailed us out when the rest of the team wasn't really playing all that hot. He has been remarkably steady overall over the course of his career. He has had a passer rating over 100 in 34 of his 69 starts. Nearly half.. He's been above 90 in another 11. So in 45 of his 69 starts he has had what one would generally consider a good passer rating. He has only had 9 games in his career with 2 or more INTs. And only 11 games in which he has thrown more INTs than TDs. Even over these last 21 games when people are claiming he is "not elite" he has been over 100 passer rating 10 times and has only thrown more 2 or more INTs twice. His TD/INT ratio over those 21 games has been 39 to 15. Almost three to one. He has not failed to complete at least 55% of his passes since week 13 of 2017. And despite not being an accurate passer this kid has had a total of TWO games in his career under 50% completion rate. And both of those were his rookie year.

Just for comparison I looked up some of these same metrics for Russ in his first 69 games. In his first 69 starts Russ had 7 games with 2 or more INTs and 6 games with more INTs than TDs. Good stuff. Russ had a passer rating over 100 in 32 of those games.. and above 90 in 6 others.. So Russ was a little better on the TD/INT scale while Dak is a little better on the passing at a high level overall scale. They were a lot alike. That really proves out when you look at absolute stinker games.. Games with passer rating below 70... Both guys have been really good at staying away from the stinker.. Each had 10 such games in their first 69 starts. THeir TD/INT ratio overall was also very similar. 106/40 for Dak 108/35 for Russ. The more I look at this stuff the more I wonder why people act like it's an insult to say Dak should be paid on par with what Russ got. When looking at similar points in their careers the numbers for their individual play are remarkably similar. Of course Russ won more.. but maybe.. just MAYBE having one of the best defenses in modern history had a little something to do with that.