Daks take on offseason inactivity

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
???

Those are All Pros you listed (which definitely are going to be much less every year if any). I'm talking about Pro Bowlers.

Romo was surrounded by a franchise record 13 Pro Bowlers in 2007.

Here are the rest amounts of Pro Bowlers by year during Romo's starting years:

2006: 6
2007: 13
2008: 6
2009: 9
2010: 6
2011: 2
2012: 3
2013: 5
2014: 8
2015: 5

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
???

Those are All Pros you listed (which definitely are going to be much less every year if any). I'm talking about Pro Bowlers.

Romo was surrounded by a franchise record 13 Pro Bowlers in 2007.

Here are the rest amounts of Pro Bowlers by year during Romo's starting years:

2006: 6
2007: 13
2008: 6
2009: 9
2010: 6
2011: 2
2012: 3
2013: 5
2014: 8
2015: 5
53 - 9 yrs - Dak
59 - 10 yrs - Romo

The above is their total amount of pro bowl teammates. Appears almost exactly the same amount of "pro bowl" talent.

Not sure how much I'd put into pro Bowlers though as being the measuring stick.

Both QBs were surrounded by talent...neither won when it mattered (not including the Dez caught it game).

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
53 - 9 yrs - Dak
59 - 10 yrs - Romo

The above is their total amount of pro bowl teammates. Appears almost exactly the same amount of "pro bowl" talent.

Not sure how much I'd put into pro Bowlers though as being the measuring stick.

Both QBs were surrounded by talent...neither won when it mattered (not including the Dez caught it game).
This year's team looks very bad for Dak. No Oline, no RB, only 1 WR, no stud LB, no good interior Dline, new D-Coordinator, plus lacking not only starters on both sides but backups as well.

sandbridge77

Reaction score
This year's team looks very bad for Dak. No Oline, no RB, only 1 WR, no stud LB, no good interior Dline, new D-Coordinator, plus lacking not only starters on both sides but backups as well.
Possible pro bowlers this year
Parsons
Smith
Lamb
Diggs
Dak
Martin

If you are using Pro Bowlers as a reference for talent level it sure looks like a wash.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Possible pro bowlers this year
Parsons
Smith
Lamb
Diggs
Dak
Martin

If you are using Pro Bowlers as a reference for talent level it sure looks like a wash.
The only way those 6 make a Pro Bowl is if the team plays well and makes the playoffs. Right now with so many holes everywhere, I don't see either happening. Looks like a bad season is coming.

shabazz

Reaction score
Well yeah. Cutting him doesn't help the cap since it is the last year of his deal and the proration is already being eaten.

His making $30M is actually an appropriate deal. The issue is he wants to double that on the next contract.
Yup, that's the reality of it......I'm just not sure why anybody thinks that his agent will take less than what the market will bear?

Sometimes a split will be beneficial for both parties. 9 years of the same results dictates a new direction

The Packers game woke a lot of people up to reality........it was needed.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Romo had a 13-3 one seed with a record number of pro bowlers. How did he cash that in? One and done. Even if that 2007 team was the only good one Romo ever had it is still inexcusable to not even win a playoff game that year.
How many of those players were pro-bowlers elsewhere or in other years. Just a smaller subset of them. Maybe Romo and winning had something to do with along with being on the Dallas Cowboys. Yes, it was disappointing that they didn’t get to the NFC championship or SB that year, but this was a team clearly hobbled (TO’s injury, Jacque Reeves playing as the horrible 4th corner) and actually not playing that well in December. People blame Romo for Cabo but that was actually a Wade Phillips’ decision. And at least they lost to the eventual SB champions whose Spagnola-led (who is doing the same job with the Chiefs) defense was on fire in the playoffs especially on the defensive line, holding every team to much fewer points than they averaged during the regular season, including the expected to win undefeated Patriots.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Telling you, that GB first half broke something in Jerry. Everyone knew the defense was going to struggle going into that game given the injuries on that side of the ball. The expectation was that the "best offense" in football was going to step up.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Romo had a 13-3 one seed with a record number of pro bowlers. How did he cash that in? One and done. Even if that 2007 team was the only good one Romo ever had it is still inexcusable to not even win a playoff game that year.
Dak has had a consistently great offensive line throughout his career. Romo worked with spares for the majority of his. Do you disagree? I didn't say anything about their playoff records.

starfan1

Reaction score
Let Dak play his final year out. We cant lose CeeDee or Micah for him
Not sure what’s gonna happen but I was going to have 1 we can’t afford to lose it’s CeeDee

There’s plenty of ability to sign all 3 the question is do they want to. I loved the parsons pick but yes the leader of a unit that does the same thing as the offense does against good teams in playoffs

Fold like a cheap suit

starfan1

Reaction score
If anything Dak by all metrics has cemented himself as a QB who is successful and it’s earned him a lot of money. It’s a shame he can’t get out of his own way when it comes playoff time, or when things aren’t perfect.
He doesn’t fail on his own

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Dak basically said he was puzzled by lack of activity , but that he doesnt concern himself with those things.
That is what he said, but if you look at his body language, he starts swaying sideways and stuttering to find the right words.

I doubt he is the only player in the locker-room wondering what the front office is doing.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
yeah I remember him getting broken ribs, a hole in his lung, and he had to sleep in a chair to breathe.
That was from being hit on a sack.
He took a beating in the pocket, in 2008-10
I worry that if Dak is retained that he will suffer a similar fate. Romo was a magician in the pocket and despite the beating he took, he was able to make the offense work despite its obvious deficiencies. Dak has improved in the pocket, but his loss of mobility could be a major problem if LT and/or the interior aren't addressed adequately, which as of now, they have not been. Tough spot to be in.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You're cherry picking. Romo was running for his life in the pocket more often than not.
You and those liking your comment can dream up whatever you wish, but the stats comparison between Dak and Romo say differently...

https://stathead.com/football/vs/dak-prescott-vs-tony-romo

Romo played for more years than Dak, yet Dak has almost tied him in sacks and actually has a higher sack rate percentage. Even then, Dak has better % passing numbers and is about to break all of Romo's franchise passing records. Dak already has passed Romo in many stats and is about to become the franchise leader in all QB stats while under more pressure.