Dal and 30 million

NotForLong

Reaction score
Yes, fan boys relying on statistics, As opposed to relying on your in depth analysis of his play.

So foolish of them.
:huh: here we go again another Fan Boy claiming Stats are all that matter and 70% rate proves greatness

HungryLion

Reaction score
:huh: here we go again another Fan Boy claiming Stats are all that matter and 70% rate proves greatness

I didn’t say either of those things.

What I’m saying is, you provide absolutely zero insight or analysis on his play beyond “he sucks” which is elementary school level, at best.

So why should we take your opinion into any type of higher regard over things like actual stats and analytics?

Dak doesn’t suck, he is at least an average level starter which is much different than sucking. Actually, there is zero basis for somebody to say he “sucks” other than being, quite frankly, irrational.

I can at least respect posters who admit Dak is at least an average level starter, but would prefer somebody better.

There is no reason to respect somebody saying “he sucks” which is dumb nonsense.

NotForLong

Reaction score
"Dak fanboy act"??
are you serious?????? I'm a football fan, first and foremost a Cowboys fan for over 30 years.
I'm just wondering why you fans are concerned about the money, stop thinking about the imaginary CAP and dictating what players should make.
Dak is our QB, accept it
QB is the highest paid position so why not pay him because someone else will if given the chance.
If someone else were to pay him 30 million I say go ahead. . . because that team will be set back 10 years. Hopefully its someone in the NFC EAST.

If you were a fan for the last 30 yrs we wouldn't be having this argument because you would already know Dal Sucks.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
He's not getting 30 mil. Probably get close, but for comparison, Matt Ryan, who was the NFL MVP just a short time ago, has been to a SB, got 30.

Now anything's possible, maybe the Cowboys will give him 30 for a very long deal, thinking to lock him up at a cost now that's high, but will be not that high in a couple of years, as salaries historically go up ever time a big name qb gets a new contract.

But to me that's very unlikely.

As far as cheering or crying? Neither, he's not the whole team, for one. And two, we have no idea how he and the team will do in the coming years. If he leads the team to a couple of SBs in his next contract, or even one SB and several playoff wins, then it will be money well spent. If he and the team stay the same or get worse, well it was a decision that didn't work, happens all the time...

408Cowboy

Reaction score
I have criticized the Play of Romo but always were grateful we had him based on the scarcity of true NFL talent at QB.

I never criticized Aikman.

This QB is terrible yet 1/2 the Fan base wants to give him 30 million. Am I missing something
According to your logic for supporting Romo you should also support Dak. I mean how scarce is it? Everyone pretends we get rid of Dak and it fixes all the problems. How and who would you replace him with?

NotForLong

Reaction score
I didn’t say either of those things.

What I’m saying is, you provide absolutely zero insight or analysis on his play beyond “he sucks” which is elementary school level, at best.

So why should we take your opinion into any type of higher regard over things like actual stats and analytics?

Dak doesn’t suck, he is at least an average level starter which is much different than sucking. Actually, there is zero basis for somebody to say he “sucks” other than being, quite frankly, irrational.

I can at least respect posters who admit Dak is at least an average level starter, but would prefer somebody better.

There is no reason to respect somebody saying “he sucks” which is dumb nonsense.
Only reason I say he sucks is based on the way he plays.

For the last 3 yrs people have argued why he is terrible and why he is not terrible.

All the stats and the Cowboys record point to a capable to above average QB with upside.

But Dak doesn't pass the eye test. Which is all the critics have. Its glaringly obvious and if you don't see it. . . m then there is Nothning I can put on paper to change your mind.

You are willfully BLIND

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have criticized the Play of Romo but always were grateful we had him based on the scarcity of true NFL talent at QB.

This QB is terrible yet 1/2 the Fan base wants to give him 30 million. Am I missing something
Not an answer. Your opinion of Prescott is worthy of discussion. However, anyone--you or anyone else--not comprehending the economics of professional sports athletes contracts, do not argue from a totally knowledgeable position.

Additionally, it is irrelevant who wants Prescott to receive 30 million a year unless that individual's name is Jerry Jones. Individuals' emotions on the topic are misdirected.

NotForLong

Reaction score
According to your logic for supporting Romo you should also support Dak. I mean how scarce is it? Everyone pretends we get rid of Dak and it fixes all the problems. How and who would you replace him with?
I would love to support Dak but he's not an NFL QB. How can I support that its Nothning Great he's a dime a dozen. He's strength is his size and when his legs break down what will we be left with

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
saying “he sucks” which is dumb nonsense.

Agreed. So a quarterback who's thrown into the starting job as a 4th round pick, who's had a winning season every year for 3 years (yes I know the 2017 win against Philly likely wouldn't have happened if the iggles hadn't rested guys, but he still wouldn't have had a losing record) "sucks"?

Cam Newton has has had a losing season two of the last 3 years. If Dak "sucks" then what does Cam do? Hard to get lower than "sucks".

I'm with you, name calling doesn't give me much reason to even consider that poster's opinion...

NotForLong

Reaction score
Agreed. So a quarterback who's thrown into the starting job as a 4th round pick, who's had a winning season every year for 3 years (yes I know the 2017 win against Philly likely wouldn't have happened if the iggles hadn't rested guys, but he still wouldn't have had a losing record) "sucks"?

Cam Newton has has had a losing season two of the last 3 years. If Dak "sucks" then what does Cam do? Hard to get lower than "sucks".

I'm with you, name calling doesn't give me much reason to even consider that poster's opinion...
See here is another FAN BOY using Team win loss record to support Dak.

Like I previously posted I can't argue Stats just game performance (which doesn't pass the eye test) since I can't convince you that what you are watching is a terrible QB . . . all I am left with is Dak Sucks. . . which I will be using from here on out rather then argue that which the BLIND refuse to see

408Cowboy

Reaction score
I would love to support Dak but he's not an NFL QB. How can I support that its Nothning Great he's a dime a dozen. He's strength is his size and when his legs break down what will we be left with
Maybe I need to hit up a training camp then. Cause I damn sure ain't a NFL QB but I'm down to get paid like one. They won't expect me to actually do QB stuff though right? I mean I can't do that QB stuff the QB who isn't a QB does.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Maybe I need to hit up a training camp then. Cause I damn sure ain't a NFL QB but I'm down to get paid like one. They won't expect me to actually do QB stuff though right? I mean I can't do that QB stuff the QB who isn't a QB does.
:thumbup:

408Cowboy

Reaction score
See here is another FAN BOY using Team win loss record to support Dak.

Like I previously posted I can't argue Stats just game performance (which doesn't pass the eye test) since I can't convince you that what you are watching is a terrible QB . . . all I am left with is Dak Sucks. . . which I will be using from here on out rather then argue that which the BLIND refuse to see
Here's another Dak hater that can't argue stats because Everytime a new bar gets set it gets knocked down. But don't worry everybody he's going to save us with his eye test!!!!

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I just was trying to get a list of all the people who want this or thinks Dal deserves this.

So in 5 years from now when the FANTASY BUBBLE that is Dak has burst. I want to remind you that you were on board for this crap.

But I guess no one can commit.

You all wanna act like its not your fault he got paid 30 million. When you were on board for it the whole time. Hyping him up

I am like Williebeamen. I won't watch on Sundays

I am telling you ill be crying. And the whole reason ill be here on this message board is for the satisfaction of rubbing all you Dak Supporters NOSES IN IT

You're trying too hard.

Flamma

Reaction score
I dont know how to create a poll.

If Dak signs for 30 million, will you be crying or cheering?

I'll be :lmao2:

I would be crying if any Cowboy signs for 30M a year. Why? Because that hurts the team in regards to salary cap even if I know it's a necessity. So signing a slightly above average player to that amount would probably have me laughing as well.

Falco78

Reaction score

He has one a lot of games and a lot of that could be put on his shoulders so yes it seems a lot was missed

Flamma

Reaction score
Theres not a Cowboys fan alive that doesnt believe Dak is getting paid and soon. Dak haters and lovers understand, this is pretty obvious. Its most likely going to be closer to 30 than 20.

I agree, but it still baffles me. The Cowboys are frugal everywhere but plan to pay average talent 30 Mil a year. I have no doubt that will happen. All they have to do is let him play out this season and Transition tag him. That way Dallas will know his value. Match the highest offer. And since hardly any teams will be in the market for a starting QB, I can guarantee you the offers coming in won't be happening. The Cowboys FO have to see this. If they don't then they're as dumb as some in here think they are. The market at this moment isn't there for Dak.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
One thing is for sure -- Jerry didn't do himself (and the team) any favors by bragging how generously Dak will be paid when the time comes to dish it out. I'm sure Dak's agent was drooling over those comments being uttered the moment they left Jerry's lips. Dak will be paid and no doubt, quite generously. I'm just hoping it's within reason and less than the lofty amounts being bandied about by the media lately. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
One thing is for sure -- Jerry didn't do himself (and the team) any favors by bragging how generously Dak will be paid when the time comes to dish it out. I'm sure Dak's agent was drooling over those comments being uttered the moment they left Jerry's lips. Dak will be paid and no doubt, quite generously. I'm just hoping it's within reason and less than the lofty amounts being bandied about by the media lately. :rolleyes:
Not only that, but other players heard it as well. Now, DLaw seems to want Mack money, and Cooper and Zeke are probably licking their chops.