News: DAL said no to trading Aldon to SEA

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I wonder what Seattle offered, but it doesn't surprise me that the front office is absolutely blind about the state of this franchise

You don't trade a guy who you worked to rehab. We've put him in a good situation with the support he needs. What the hell is wrong with people on this board? He's not just a piece of property to be bought or sold. He's a guy who we helped rehabilitate and are supporting him to hopefully avoid relapse. You don't just send that guy off somewhere else.

kskboys

Reaction score
You don't trade a guy who you worked to rehab. We've put him in a good situation with the support he needs. What the hell is wrong with people on this board? He's not just a piece of property to be bought or sold. He's a guy who we helped rehabilitate and are supporting him to hopefully avoid relapse. You don't just send that guy off somewhere else.
Is he going to keep that in mind during his next contract negotiation in the off season?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wonder what Seattle offered, but it doesn't surprise me that the front office is absolutely blind about the state of this franchise
Are you saying that if they understood there is a problem they would trade anyone or everyone regardless of what was offered by the other team?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Classic Jerry move. We will find out Seattle was offering a 3. Dallas turns it down and in a few months he leaves for FA.

kskboys

Reaction score
Classic Jerry move. We will find out Seattle was offering a 3. Dallas turns it down and in a few months he leaves for FA.
Now that would PO me.

Kinda like when we were offered a 2nd for Mike Jenkins, or when we were offered Antonio Cromartie(in his prime) for Tashard Choice.

Those of you bashing others for being negative, don't miss the fact that we've turned down some major trade offers that might've helped turned this franchise around.

We also turned down a 2nd for Weirdo Marty Bennett.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
If that proves to be the case, we will have plenty of time to ridicule Jerry, but for now we can’t say if Seattle offered anything reasonable or not.

I hear you but my point is if you don’t extend him, trade him. Until I hear he was extended I believe they should trade him because this team is going no where in 2020.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Aldon needs to be signed ASAP get rid of all the other bums on the DL.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hear you but my point is if you don’t extend him, trade him. Until I hear he was extended I believe they should trade him because this team is going no where in 2020.
I agree with that. it would be a waste not to do one or the other.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Now that would PO me.

Kinda like when we were offered a 2nd for Mike Jenkins, or when we were offered Antonio Cromartie(in his prime) for Tashard Choice.

Those of you bashing others for being negative, don't miss the fact that we've turned down some major trade offers that might've helped turned this franchise around.

We also turned down a 2nd for Weirdo Marty Bennett.

Seriously? :omg:

Plankton

Reaction score
This. Unless they're offering a 4th round pick, can we say the compensatory selection we'd get if he signed with another team wouldn't be a wash?

The compensatory pick would come at the end of the round, and would be lower than whatever they get in a trade for a pick in the same round.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
If they offered less than a 5th, it's not worth it. Take the year to see if you have a player in Smith to offer a deal to going forward. He would make a good situational player, I would not rely on him as a three down player. The deal needs to make sense, because Smith is up there in age and has pretty much disappeared the last month. Fewer snaps would be the right move for A.S.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I would be stunned and maybe done to hear Seattle offered a 3rd and the Cowboys didn't take it.