Dallas Cowboys’ Kelvin Joseph is a person of interest in Dallas murder investigation

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think yall overrate his play. I never saw this 1st round talent. People kept going back to the Alabama game when he had a few nice reps vs Smith. Smith still had 9 catches and They lost 63-3. Atleast J Horn traveled with the best guys and shut them down. Joseph's hype was nonsense to me from the jump. And this isn't 20/20 hindsight. I wanted Stokes and Adebo over him. Both outplayed him easily.
If this guy was a 1st round CB talent, do you think LSU would have moved him to S, if he was going to stay? I have followed LSU for decades and when it comes to their secondary's, they do not fool around. And it's not like LSU has a bunch of choirboys.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, you made a post later that I agreed with (takes a long time to make it through all these posts).
Goodell can’t let this slide with no punishment ,
Regardless of what Happens to Joseph in court.
If this isn't conduct detrimental, what is?

Think Goodell's phone hasn't been blowing up from the other owners about this? They know Booger won't do the right thing.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
well, im sure you are paraphrasing the law since you dont show it to me... so ill focus in on a couple of your words.

IF YOU SEE THE CRIME. Everyone in this thread had concluded he saw the bullet enter the guy, saw the blood fly in the air, saw the grimace on the guys face, saw the body trembling, saw the guy drop to the ground, and watched him take his last breath.

TRUST ME, those are conclusions people are leaping to with no evidence to base their conclusion. I watched the video.... it certainly isnt as simple as so many in here are making it out to be.
You said it in an earlier thread, Cowboys Zone is watching Matlock, First 48 and the ID channel then trying to piece this case together. I said it when this thread started, you can’t charge anyone with the murder without Joseph’s statements to the police. The Zone does not understand that if Joseph did not talk to the police, they could not even charge him with the murder based on the evidence that was given. A scuffle outside a club does not add up to murder without evidence. OJ and Ray Lewis are the best examples. There was way more evidence to convict them. If Joseph had no money and had to get a court appointed lawyer, you could scare him into taking a plea. Joseph paid a big time attorney and it appears a deal was made. It’s that simple.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
If this guy was a 1st round CB talent, do you think LSU would have moved him to S, if he was going to stay? I have followed LSU for decades and when it comes to their secondary's, they do not fool around. And it's not like LSU has a bunch of choirboys.
His bama game and tennessee game senior year were dominant. He gave up zero receiving yards in coverage against bama and an int. He also runs a 4.35 40 and is over 6 ft tall with great hips. Not every guy drafted high is a high floor guy. Joseph was a high ceiling guy. A lot of ppl had him as a 1st round talent

Reid1boys

Reaction score
That's not the legal argument his lawyer will make and it's a bad legal argument in this instance where a drive by shooting after an altercation took place. Far from it. KJ's legal advice was for him to be interviewed by the police which is what happened. Charges were filed shortly after KJ's interview so I'd imagine his eyewitness statement played a part in filing the murder charges. KJ will testify if there's a trial and may plead guilty to a lesser offense before trail.
Were you in the room when kj was questioned? You seem to think kj answering questions is all it took to save his rear end.i think you are WAY off. They are going to look at the facts that entire night. If they could prove for a fact kj knew the guy was shot and died, they wouldn't be letting him just walk. And as of now, nothing says he's gonna walk. Too early to draw conclusions.

FTWayne

Reaction score
I am not a lawyer. I think if he didn't inform the police that his friends in the suspect vehicle were the gunmen, they all would have been charged? since he has admitted he was in the vehicle.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I don’t think it even needs to get that far. Just being charged with a crime that carries up to a year in jail would be too much to justify Dallas keeping him on the roster. In previous circumstances where players left in cuffs and faced jail time if convicted, teams cut those guys right then and there.
Yes but those teams were not owned and run by jerry jones !! lol
no telling what jones will do, but it looks like he wants to keep KJ , so I dont see him being cut yet.
And he is probably getting advice from jones boys on what to say etc.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
You said it in an earlier thread, Cowboys Zone is watching Matlock, First 48 and the ID channel then trying to piece this case together. I said it when this thread started, you can’t charge anyone with the murder without Joseph’s statements to the police. The Zone does not understand that if Joseph did not talk to the police, they could not even charge him with the murder based on the evidence that was given. A scuffle outside a club does not add up to murder without evidence. OJ and Ray Lewis are the best examples. There was way more evidence to convict them. If Joseph had no money and had to get a court appointed lawyer, you could scare him into taking a plea. Joseph paid a big time attorney and it appears a deal was made. It’s that simple.
I'm not ready to make any conclusions. We have no clue if any deal was made. But, it was clear as day the video placed him at the scene. His lawyer likely made it Clea it was in his interest to talk. But the lawyer would have been in the room and not let him answer questions that could hurt him in any future case. A case like this, we have no idea what police already knew. Don't know what other witnesses had said, don't know anything about forensics. Did they have finger prints in shell casings? Did they have prints possibly from the club? Were these guys prints already in a data base based upon prior criminal records? If they had prints on shell casings, this is an easy case. Then they wanted to speak with kj to tie up some details and find out if his description of events matches what they already thought. Just too many questions from us uninformed spectators.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I'm going to tell you guys like this. According to what has already happened, Joseph will walk away from this incident with no criminal charges what so ever. And he will remain with the Cowboys, but he will receive a suspension.
What will he be suspended for? If he is telling the truth, he is an innocent bystander that happens to be friends with two killers. So you saying he will be suspended for hanging out with murderers?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
His bama game and tennessee game senior year were dominant. He gave up zero receiving yards in coverage against bama and an int. He also runs a 4.35 40 and is over 6 ft tall with great hips. Not every guy drafted high is a high floor guy. Joseph was a high ceiling guy. A lot of ppl had him as a 1st round talent
I did not see one that had him as a 1st round talent and I follow that.

But that doesn't matter because he was picked in the 2nd round. Diggs was picked in the 2nd round and he's doing pretty good so far.

However, Joseph is proof of the cavalier way Booger approaches the 2nd rounds of these drafts and the risks he is willing to take on behavioral ?'s or injuries.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I think they were trying to scare them also. Because if they really wanted to kill them why wait that long? The SUV had almost passed the guys before they started firing. Then there were a lot of sparks on the ground and the cars. It's almost as if they weren't really shooting at them. Guy probably got hit by a ricochet. But even if that's true, they still deserve to go to prison for at least 25 years.
Wouldn't be at all surprised if that is what happened.

My two minutes of google research indicates that Texas penalty for manslaughter is 2 to 20 years. I'd be advocating for the max.

Like @Mcsports said. You can't be going around sending messages with deadly weapons.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What will he be suspended for? If he is telling the truth, he is an innocent bystander that happens to be friends with two killers. So you saying he will be suspended for hanging out with murderers?
While they commit the murders and then not report that to the authorities? Yep, that's a deserved suspension. I'm voting for expulsion, he's trash.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
So the excuses thus far

-Lots of people have necklaces like that...how do we know it's him? Ah, he admitted it's him.
-How do we know he was in the car? See the answer above
-How do we know that he knows the people he was in the car with? Because they are his homies from LA
-How do we know he knew someone shot a gun outside the car? Uh, because he would have heard it
-How do we know he wasn't so traumatized by it that he just had a breakdown? So traumatized he wiped his instagram
-How do we know he knows who shot the gun? It wasn't like he was riding in the back of a bus and it happened up front
-How do we know he knew that someone got shot? Maybe, the only one that has a possibility of being true, no matter how unlikely. But how was he gonna earn his teardrop tattoo if he didn't know a dude died?

All that and he is still not being charged while the police have charged people and are moving on stating they believed he was not the shooter..

Add in that the Cowboys knew well before the police did and there is writing on the wall. It's just not what you are hoping for.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Having been around crips, bloods, AB, eMe, and the like the group he was with does not look like gangbangers. they looked like college kids.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I am not a lawyer. I think if he didn't inform the police that his friends in the suspect vehicle were the gunmen, they all would have been charged? since he has admitted he was in the vehicle.
Joseph did inform the police a month later it appears. Is there a law that you have to report a crime within 48 hours?

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I did not see one that had him as a 1st round talent and I follow that.

But that doesn't matter because he was picked in the 2nd round. Diggs was picked in the 2nd round and he's doing pretty good so far.

However, Joseph is proof of the cavalier way Booger approaches the 2nd rounds of these drafts and the risks he is willing to take on behavioral ?'s or injuries.
I agree our 2nd round picks have been bad and jerrys play toy round for years

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
The fight. And how this all looks.

A fight that lead to someone being killed. There's no way the NFL let's this one go, IMO.