Dallas Cowboys’ Kelvin Joseph is a person of interest in Dallas murder investigation

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Did you watch him play? KJ was clampin the best wrs in the country. The only reason he was in the 2nd round was because of character concerns. His play and athleticism was mid 1st round
I think yall overrate his play. I never saw this 1st round talent. People kept going back to the Alabama game when he had a few nice reps vs Smith. Smith still had 9 catches and They lost 63-3. Atleast J Horn traveled with the best guys and shut them down. Joseph's hype was nonsense to me from the jump. And this isn't 20/20 hindsight. I wanted Stokes and Adebo over him. Both outplayed him easily.

kskboys

Reaction score
Im not questioning his athleticism. Thats not the same as being a great football player. Bama put up 63 on UK and FL put up 34. Who was he "blanketing"? The fact is that he wasn't even one of the top 8 DBs in the SEC in 2020. Combine his short resume' with his character issues and picking him that high in the draft made no sense. I hated the pick when we made it and nothing i've seen has changed my mind.
I was in shock, especially w/ Asante's kid and several great OL prospects sitting there.

garyo1954

Reaction score
if they have video of him laughing and joking about the guy dying.. hes in big trouble. The state will charge him with as much as they can. BUT, where is this video????

Let's not forget it was the video of his necklace that led to police questioning him which led to an arrest in this case.
America's Cowboy makes a good point as well. He considers himself the Bossman. What kind of Bossman is he if he can't control his posse?

But that necklace.....

If it hadn't been spotted in the video circulating on social media, the crime would have gone down as another unsolved murder.
And like Aaron Hernandez he would be free to participate in other crimes.

Now the law may be willing to turn a blind eye to the fact he was a willing participant to get a conviction, but is this a person you would trust?

G

Mcsports

Reaction score
My comments aren't at all based on what I think the "right thing" is per se....

I'm trying to figure what is most likely to happen, amd was trying to figure on the logic for a middle ground type of suspension.. and if that made any sense.

I also said that I felt like I was missing info, and @Hennessy_King offered an opinion that I agreed with.
Yeah, you made a post later that I agreed with (takes a long time to make it through all these posts).
Goodell can’t let this slide with no punishment ,
Regardless of what Happens to Joseph in court.

CWR

Reaction score
Let's not forget it was the video of his necklace that led to police questioning him which led to an arrest in this case.
America's Cowboy makes a good point as well. He considers himself the Bossman. What kind of Bossman is he if he can't control his posse?

But that necklace.....

If it hadn't been spotted in the video circulating on social media, the crime would have gone down as another unsolved murder.

Now the law may be willing to turn a blind eye to the fact he was a willing participant to get a conviction, but is this a person you would trust?

G

Nope. He can't be counted on regardless. Just another 2nd round blunder by a FO that never learns. We've had something like 2 decent 2nd rounders in the last 15 years or so. Everyone knows it's Jerry's round to act like an ***.

DZSierra

Reaction score

But that necklace.....

G

Pride is the downfall of many men...

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Because you said they were trying to send a message with the gun. You point a gun at someone and pull the trigger , it’s not simply a message any more .
Sure. A reasonable and responsible person using good judgement would see it this way.

I don't think reasonable, responsible or good judgement can be applied to any of the characters in that vehicle.

"Hey, let's let these punks know who they're messing with on the way out."

Results quite often are not a good indicator of intent.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Nope. He can't be counted on regardless. Just another 2nd round blunder by a FO that never learns. We've had something like 2 decent 2nd rounders in the last 15 years or so. Everyone knows it's Jerry's round to act like an ***.

Give me a number between 1 and 32. Im going to do a quick observation in regards to your comment.

plasticman

Reaction score
Joseph did not have to be the gunman. The mere fact that he neglected to report the incident to the police is sufficient cause for criminal charges and a very long suspension.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I think yall overrate his play. I never saw this 1st round talent. People kept going back to the Alabama game when he had a few nice reps vs Smith. Smith still had 9 catches and They lost 63-3. Atleast J Horn traveled with the best guys and shut them down. Joseph's hype was nonsense to me from the jump. And this isn't 20/20 hindsight. I wanted Stokes and Adebo over him. Both outplayed him easily.
J Horn went top 10. KJ was the 3-4th best corner if you went by measurables and tape. ASJ had phenomenal tape tho but measurables werent as good

stilltheguru

Reaction score
J Horn went top 10. KJ was the 3-4th best corner if you went by measurables and tape. ASJ had phenomenal tape tho but measurables werent as good

3-4?

Horn, Surtain,stokes,Newsome,

He didn't outperform any of them tape or measurable wise. No sir. And both Adebo and Asante ran 4.45 ish so it's not like they ran 4.57 or something. We took the wrong dude. It is what it is

Dodger12

Reaction score
thank you for looking that up and posting. So Ill say again, the legal argument his lawyer will make is that he did not observe anyone getting shot. Now the fact shots were fired in the direction of people is where the state will lie their hat... again though, not black and white and the reason we have jury trials.

That's not the legal argument his lawyer will make and it's a bad legal argument in this instance where a drive by shooting after an altercation took place. Far from it. KJ's legal advice was for him to be interviewed by the police which is what happened. Charges were filed shortly after KJ's interview so I'd imagine his eyewitness statement played a part in filing the murder charges. KJ will testify if there's a trial and may plead guilty to a lesser offense before trail.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Sure. A reasonable and responsible person using good judgement would see it this way.

I don't think reasonable, responsible or good judgement can be applied to any of the characters in that vehicle.

"Hey, let's let these punks know who they're messing with on the way out."

Results quite often are not a good indicator of intent.
I think they were trying to scare them also. Because if they really wanted to kill them why wait that long? The SUV had almost passed the guys before they started firing. Then there were a lot of sparks on the ground and the cars. It's almost as if they weren't really shooting at them. Guy probably got hit by a ricochet. But even if that's true, they still deserve to go to prison for at least 25 years.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
3-4?

Horn, Surtain,stokes,Newsome,

He didn't outperform any of them tape or measurable wise. No sir. And both Adebo and Asante ran 4.45 ish so it's not like they ran 4.57 or something. We took the wrong dude. It is what it is
ASJ had good speed but is small. That is part of the measurables. I wasnt big on stokes or newsome. KJ had better tape than them imo