Dallas Cowboys’ Kelvin Joseph is a person of interest in Dallas murder investigation

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I agree on principle but the fact of the matter is that the ever growing crop of players are and will be problem children so assembling a team of adults is almost impossible.

the lesson to our FO is to give one strike and done instead of experiments like Randy Gregory. I don’t envy any current GMs job and the NBA is even worse. The lunatics are running the asylum.
It's really not very difficult. Your first three rounds should be players that immediately have an impact. (In general). Jones thinks he's getting a 1st round talent in the 3rd or later and he salivates. But it's never worked. Player after player after player.
Other teams don't have a problem drafting talented players with decent backgrounds, football intelligence etc...

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
He already has demonstrated that his behavior (personal choices) can negatively affect his availability. You can bet on at least 6 games via exempt list or straight suspension.
When or if that happens the decision has to be made on whether there's a better player available to fill his spot. Either way, no need to make the decision now (unless his team mates feel similarly incensed as yourself).

Blitzen

Reaction score
When or if that happens the decision has to be made on whether there's a better player available to fill his spot. Either way, no need to make the decision now (unless his team mates feel similarly incensed as yourself).

I feel zero. He has made choices in the past to make important football authority figures question his character. He just made an enormously bad one less than a year from getting drafted. Good teams cut those players-regardless of the round they got drafted in. Just business. Not what will happen, jmo.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
I feel zero. He has made choices in the past to make important football authority figures question his character. He just made an enormously bad one less than a year from getting drafted. Good teams cut those players-regardless of the round they got drafted in. Just business. Not what will happen, jmo.
I tried to think of one good team that has cut "those type of players" and couldn't.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I tried to think of one good team that has cut "those type of players" and couldn't.
Interesting point, over here the issue would be determined on the legal verdict and whether there's a moral aspect to guilt by association.
Then again it may not be a national concern....taking the Trevor Bauer situation as a case in point.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah I'm still salty about that. The giants kicker originally got 1 game suspension but there were multiple times the police were called to his house by his wife. So there was a lot of smoke there. Then Zeke had his thing and got suspended for multiple games. If I remember correctly Goodell did go back and add games to Josh Brown's suspension. But I was mad about that. Goodell is so inconsistent.
Goodell is reactive to public opinion. That Rice video changed everything.

Brown didn't have the video to register the strong reaction for people but he was a multiple offender and textbook spouse abuser.

I think the error in our thinking is that Goodell makes these calls in a vacuum and I don't think it works that way. He responds to recommendations from others, partly to give the NFLPA a wider range of targets. I do think he was going to take his investigator's recommendation on Elliott until than panel came back 4-0 and how could he ignore that once that was made public?

And one thing Goodell always has to consider is this isn't about the fans at all. It's about all the others that don't like a bunch of billionaires paying millionaires to play a game.

I think the whole conduct detrimental is bogus. Let the legal system deal with it. Don't go to jail, suit up. Let the individual teams decide what is conduct detrimental.

In defense of Booger sliding a little on this, he keeps Brent, signs Pacman and Hardy, drafts Gregory and Joseph and they still buy tickets and watch the team on TV.

The real question I have is just how much do people care about what that person is like inside their uniform? They still cheer players like Tyreek Hill and Joe Mixon.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I see 0 way KJ gets off Scot free. A 20 year old kid was left 2 die in the street like a dog, and no one said a word for a month. Justice must be served here, no matter who KJ is and what team he plays for. Dude HAD to know what was going down. He was with the gunman IN THE GETAWAY CAR. We would all have to be deaf and blind not to see what happened.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I see 0 way KJ gets off Scot free. A 20 year old kid was left 2 die in the street like a dog, and no one said a word for a month. Justice must be served here, no matter who KJ is and what team he plays for. Dude HAD to know what was going down. He was with the gunman IN THE GETAWAY CAR. We would all have to be deaf and blind not to see what happened.
Well, you're in luck, because if you have a star on your helmet it makes a lot of people deaf and blind to things.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Well, you're in luck, because if you have a star on your helmet it makes a lot of people deaf and blind to things.
true! Their fandom makes them totally oblivious. I been a fan since 1973..but this is where it stops for me. I cant get on board the KJ train. It makes me sick to think he might get 2 play FB after what he participated in. This is gross. A human life was taken and then they stayed silent. As if they hit a dog with their car...its the same thing...and its twisted. The silence is worse than the act.I wanna know how long the Joneses knew about this.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Goodell is reactive to public opinion. That Rice video changed everything.

Brown didn't have the video to register the strong reaction for people but he was a multiple offender and textbook spouse abuser.

I think the error in our thinking is that Goodell makes these calls in a vacuum and I don't think it works that way. He responds to recommendations from others, partly to give the NFLPA a wider range of targets. I do think he was going to take his investigator's recommendation on Elliott until than panel came back 4-0 and how could he ignore that once that was made public?

And one thing Goodell always has to consider is this isn't about the fans at all. It's about all the others that don't like a bunch of billionaires paying millionaires to play a game.

I think the whole conduct detrimental is bogus. Let the legal system deal with it. Don't go to jail, suit up. Let the individual teams decide what is conduct detrimental.

In defense of Booger sliding a little on this, he keeps Brent, signs Pacman and Hardy, drafts Gregory and Joseph and they still buy tickets and watch the team on TV.

The real question I have is just how much do people care about what that person is like inside their uniform? They still cheer players like Tyreek Hill and Joe Mixon.
I think Tyreek Hill is the biggest peace of trash in all of sports. Now he is the highest paid receiver in football. No matter what happens with the police or Goodell, Joseph will get a chance to play football.