Dallas Cowboys’ Kelvin Joseph is a person of interest in Dallas murder investigation

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
So, do you really believe this?

If you do, then you don't understand your rights as a citizen.

An arrest would be considered a seizure, and that would go against the Fourth Amendment: to be free from unreasonable searches and seizures.

I don't want to argue about it.

The fact is, the people arrested in this case have been charged with the crime of murder. Both of them.

So, they've been arrested and charged.
When was anyone charged? Please provide your expert information suggesting this.
I'm no expert but I have receipts that no one was charged.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Mr. Gil Brandt was 100% correct! Why don't you follow another team, since you've disrespected one of the founding builders of the Dallas Cowboys who was correct in his information as usual!
If he was correct with his information (he wasn't) and right (again, he wasn't) then why did he issue an apology?

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Not true.

As a general rule: If you're placed in custody, your "speedy trial" rights typically require the prosecutor to decide charges within 72 hours.
Many states adhere to this 72-hour limit. Sometimes, no charges are filed, and you will be released. There will not be anything on your criminal record, but you will have an arrest record now.

Source: lawfind.com

Semantics.

In this example, police still charge you, the prosecutor, or really it's often a magistrate, can decide to drop them. In Texas, it's commonly referred to as a "judge's card."

Rare.

We're talking about this case. They're not deciding whether to charge anyone in this case, because the DA has accepted the charged.

And for the cops to arrest you, they have to have reasonable articulable suspicion of a crime.

The cops can charge you and a judge or DA can dismiss the charges up front, but that rarely happens.

Anyway, I'm not going to argue over this. If you want to really know how it works, dig a little deeper.

I'm sure you're smarter than to think you can be arrested without cause...

What you're saying here is that the police can charge someone they've arrested and the DA or judge can decide to drop them in a certain amount of time. That's not what I'm arguing. I get that. I'm saying the cops just can't arrest you for no reason. They have to have probable cause you've committed a crime, then charge you with something.

There's all kinds of case law on this kind of thing.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Semantics.

In this example, police still charge you, the prosecutor, or really it's often a magistrate, can decide to drop them. In Texas, it's commonly referred to as a "judge's card."

Rare.

We're talking about this case. They're not deciding whether to charge anyone in this case, because the DA has accepted the charged.

And for the cops to arrest you, they have to have reasonable articulable suspicion of a crime.

The cops can charge you and a judge or DA can dismiss the charges up front, but that rarely happens.

Anyway, I'm not going to argue over this. If you want to really know how it works, dig a little deeper.

What you're saying here is that the police can charge someone they've arrested and the DA or judge can decide to drop them in a certain amount of time. That's not what I'm arguing. I get that. I'm saying the cops just can't arrest you for no reason. They have to have probable cause you've committed a crime, then charge you with something.

Who was charged?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Semantics.

No, it's not semantics. You said if you're arrested that means you're charged.

But you can be arrested and not charged. And it is significant because even though a charge will not appear on your legal record, an arrest remains on your record.

Now, I understand what you're trying to say, but I'm addressing what you actually and initially said, which was incorrect.

Just say you misspoke and prefer to clarify what you meant. We won't think lesser of you. ;) :)

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Because of troll woke crybabies like yourself who were demanding he be fired.
So, being respectful to a kid and his family that was tragically killed, instead of speculating about his death and seeming happy that your scouting report about him was correct, is "woke" according to you?

You have major issues and you'd NEVER say this stuff to the family.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
So, being respectful to a kid and his family that was tragically killed, instead of speculating about his death and seeming happy that your scouting report about him was correct, is "woke" according to you?

You have major issues and you'd NEVER say this stuff to the family.
I think his comments were blown out of proportion. I don't think he showed any happiness. It was just poor taste and timing.