Dallas Cowboys’ Kelvin Joseph is a person of interest in Dallas murder investigation

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
So you'd go after the guy in the car and reduce the sentences of murderers?

Brilliant.

I'm not in law enforcement, but is it not reasonable for officers and prosecutors to use all available tools to derive the truth?

What do we actually know about the interactions in the vehicle for the minutes before the two shooters fired upon the victim. Was there inciting conversation? Did KJ and others put fuel on the fire with inflammatory and inciteful rhetoric.

There is a crime committed here, and I would have assumed all legal means necessary within the law should be made available to those who are mandated to find the truth.

If this means seeing if the others will flip on any and all occupants in the car, then so be it.

I believe there were more than three people in the vehicle. Who all contributed to this tragic death in some way shape or form?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If I were the DA, I would be talking with the 2 shooters to see what they could say about KJ if they are willing to have any sentences reduced, depending on what information they are willing to give up.
So, you would reduce the shooters sentence to convict an NFL player? Hmmmm....sounds like you're trying to make an example of a guy that DID NOT shoot someone....screw the shooters, even if KJ told them to do it, they chose to do it. Piss on those guys

Last edited:

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I'm not in law enforcement, but is it not reasonable for officers and prosecutors to use all available tools to derive the truth?

What do we actually know about the interactions in the vehicle for the minutes before the two shooters fired upon the victim. Was there inciting conversation? Did KJ and others put fuel on the fire with inflammatory and inciteful rhetoric.

There is a crime committed here, and I would have assumed all legal means necessary within the law should be made available to those who are mandated to find the truth.

If this means seeing if the others will flip on any and all occupants in the car, then so be it.

I believe there were more than three people in the vehicle. Who all contributed to this tragic death in some way shape or form?

I suspect they already have a good idea about what happened and who did it. That's why two people have been charged with murder.

I'm not in law enforcement either, nor am I an attorney.

Generally, though, yeah, police can use what tools they have to find the truth. In this case, they have video, forensics, and testimony from witnesses.

I would request the arrest reports to see what information they have against the two currently charged. But I know it's a wasted effort to find any information right now, because they'll decline any requests under state and federal records requests laws, and they'll likely win if I spend time and resources suing them to get it, because the state can withhold these kinds of records when a case a criminal case is still pending, so I'd likely lose anyway.

I know as much as you guys do.

I'm just basing my speculation off what I know from doing this for almost a decade now. If they were going to charge KJ, he'd almost certainly be charged right now.

Is there a chance he may be charged for something later? Perhaps, but I think that chance is very low because something new would have to come up, and there's really not a lot of questions about what happened, and I don't see any elements here that would give rise to something new coming up worth charging him over.

So could I be wrong? Yeah, but I don't think it's likely here.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So lots of speculation?

We know he made the choice to associate with these people.
We know he was there when they got into a fight.
We know he was literally in the drive-by vehicle.
We know a month went by before anyone confessed.
Those are all very bad optics to start.
He put himself there, this is beyond "being in the wrong place,"
This behavior lines up with his past.
Arrests aren't charges, so until this all unfolds, he's not in the clear.
Well, technically we don't know for sure that he didn't say anything for a month, but it certainly looks that way, from all the information we do have.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I suspect they already have a good idea about what happened and who did it. That's why two people have been charged with murder.

I'm not in law enforcement either, nor am I an attorney.

Generally, though, yeah, police can use what tools they have to find the truth. In this case, they have video, forensics, and testimony from witnesses.

I would request the arrest reports to see what information they have against the two currently charged. But I know it's a wasted effort to find any information right now, because they'll decline any requests under state and federal records requests laws, and they'll likely win if I spend time and resources suing them to get it, because the state can withhold these kinds of records when a case a criminal case is still pending, so I'd likely lose anyway.

I know as much as you guys do.

I'm just basing my speculation off what I know from doing this for almost a decade now. If they were going to charge KJ, he'd almost certainly be charged right now.

Is there a chance he may be charged for something later? Perhaps, but I think that chance is very low because something new would have to come up, and there's really not a lot of questions about what happened, and I don't see any elements here that would give rise to something new coming up worth charging him over.

So could I be wrong? Yeah, but I don't think it's likely here.
My speculation is that he didn't actually shoot anyone, but was well aware that someone was shot, and I think there's a strong possibility the other two are trying to keep him out of it so he'll pay for their attorney.
Did he pull a trigger? No, I don't think so.
Did he know they were going to? I think he probably did, and I think it's very possible he was egging them on.
Should he be charged with murder? If it turns out he did egg them on, yes. Otherwise no.
Should he be allowed to play in the NFL? Only if some incredibly unlikely information regarding his complete innocence comes to light.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Explain how one can be "overly intelligent."

Do you mean people that are smart enough to avoid drive-bys?
I think he means people who aren't as smart as they think they are..."know-it-alls".

Pass2Run

Reaction score
It's been reported (can't post the link) that both shooters confessed.

Well, that shoots down the whole Joseph snitched theory...

That's what I figured. Because Joseph was there when the other two were also being questioned..

mattjames2010

Reaction score

That's what I figured. Because Joseph was there when the other two were also being questioned..

No it doesn't, he still could have snitched which led to the two men to confess to it. If I remember correctly, they weren't the ones identified, it was Joseph. So he obviously mentioned who he was accompanied by.

Haimerej

Reaction score
I've refrained from giving my opinion on this horrible situation. But I can't seem to shake the thought about what Chris Carter said a few years back about how players need, "a fall guy."

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

What? They didn't have those two guys until they talked to Joseph. Of course he gave them up. Can anyone blame him?

Since they have Joseph as the witness, the two guys might be looking to cut a deal by confessing.

I am not sure the "snitch" part because that assumes he was in on it as some point. And snitch and rat are really terms used by criminals.

Haimerej

Reaction score
why couldn't poor ole charlie manson get this kind of support? he didn't kill anybody.

His stiff arm isn't impressive enough.

giphy.gif