Dallas Cowboys’ Kelvin Joseph is a person of interest in Dallas murder investigation

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
So, being respectful to a kid and his family that was tragically killed, instead of speculating about his death and seeming happy that your scouting report about him was correct, is "woke" according to you?

You have major issues and you'd NEVER say this stuff to the family.
First off, he wasn't a kid. He was a 24 year old adult.

Secondly, he was not such a loving and caring husband if he had another woman with him at the time he died.

Lastly, he wasn't tragically killed. HE COMMITTED SUICIDE!!! Everyone should be glad this lunatic's suicidal actions didn't cause a major accident or pile up of vehicles that could have cost innocent lives.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
That's why I get paid to write about them: because I know how to properly evaluate them.

All I'm saying is that if there was something to worry about as far as him being arrested, we'd know about that.

They know he was in the car. So why would they be holding off to charge him?

I know, I know.. you want to see him punished. But I don't think you're going to get your way, pal.

As a writer on such topics surely you know that the DA's office will want to have all their ducks in a row before charging a person. Perhaps they are waiting to see if the other two will talk, or maybe they have talked a little bit. They could be trying to cut their own deal for a lesser sentence if convicted.

They have zero need to rush this horrible crime through the justice system. It's high profile, and much more importantly, a young person lost their life. There could be a myriad of reasons on why he has not been charged, including not guilty of murder or accessory.

Except for the basic facts we know, the rest is pure speculation.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
First off, he wasn't a kid. He was a 24 year old adult.

Secondly, he was not such a loving and caring husband if he had another woman with him at the time he died.

Lastly, he wasn't tragically killed. HE COMMITTED SUICIDE!!! Everyone should be glad this lunatic's suicidal actions didn't cause a major accident or pile up of vehicles that could have cost innocent lives.
You should not be allowed to spout nonsense like this on this site.

You're speculating about a death with zero evidence.

At least Brandt had the courage to attach his name and imagine to his words instead of hiding being a username on a message board to trash the dead.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You should not be allowed to spout nonsense like this on this site.

You're speculating about a death with zero evidence.

At least Brandt had the courage to attach his name and imagine to his words instead of hiding being a username on a message board to trash the dead.
Yeah, I would love for you to see my face in person. Just you and I.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
No, it's not semantics. You said if you're arrested that means you're charged.

But you can be arrested and not charged. And it is significant because even though a charge will not appear on your legal record, an arrest remains on your record.

Now, I understand what you're trying to say, but I'm addressing what you actually and initially said, which was incorrect.

Just say you misspoke and prefer to clarify what you meant. We won't think lesser of you. ;) :)

It does mean you're charged, by the police.

But the police make mistakes and may not have met the standard the state has to meet to press charges, so that happens.

To be arrested, it does mean you've been charged, whether those charges are ultimately accepted is up to the state. But more than 99% of the time, charges are accepted.

If you're a U.S. citizen, and you think you can be arrested without being charged with a crime, then you don't know what it means to be a U.S. citizen.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Yeah, I would love for you to see my face in person. Just you and I.
You went from an easy poster to jab around because of your horrible takes to person that clearly doesn't have any respect for people.

I can't stand to see people talk bad, speculate, and slander people that can no longer defend themselves.

You're the inaugural inductee to my ignore list. Congrats, kiddo!

Pass2Run

Reaction score
That sure looks like an arrest report to me, where are the charges on the back?

That looks like an arrest report to you?

Man, I'd hate to see what someone's booking sheet looks like.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You went from an easy poster to jab around because of your horrible takes to person that clearly doesn't have any respect for people.

I can't stand to see people talk bad, speculate, and slander people that can no longer defend themselves.

You're the inaugural inductee to my ignore list. Congrats, kiddo!
Good riddance, troll!

Now go back to your team's website.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
It does mean you're charged, by the police.

But the police make mistakes and may not have met the standard the state has to meet to press charges, so that happens.

To be arrested, it does mean you've been charged, whether those charges are ultimately accepted is up to the state. But more than 99% of the time, charges are accepted.

If you're a U.S. citizen, and you think you can be arrested without being charged with a crime, then you don't know what it means to be a U.S. citizen.
people get arrested all the time , with some charge , could be anything.Then they are later let go.

Charges have to be "Filed" to be serious.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
people get arrested all the time , with some charge , could be anything.Then they are later let go.

Charges have to be "Filed" to be serious.

Charges have to be accepted by the state.

When you're arrested, police are filing the charges.

If it's a felony, a grand jury has to indict you.

Even then, a grand jury can decide not to indict you, which would end the charges against you. So that can happen, too. I just don't think there's a chance these two schmucks, Jones and English, are going to avoid being indicted.

And their charges have already been accepted by a magistrate, according to their booking sheets.

So, their only hope now is that a grand jury finds there to be a lack of evidence to proceed with a criminal case.

I don't see that happening, in my lay opinion.. These boys will go for the proverbial ride, and won't beat the rap.

It's a process that involves a few things like being informed by a judge of your charges, arraignment and being indicted.. then the state has to prove it's case and all that.

But when you're arrested, the cops are filing charges against you.

If they arrest you, though, and don't have any real probable cause, then the police officer arresting you without a charge can be held civilly liable for deprivation of rights under color of law. I'm not an attorney. So I'm sure an attorney versed in civil rights law could explain better. But I usually just call those guys, and get quotes from them...

See the Fourth Amendment protections in U.S. Constitution...

And 42. U.S. Code § 1983

Last edited: