Dallas Cowboys’ Kelvin Joseph is a person of interest in Dallas murder investigation

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Ain't it the truth?

I was reading about some edge pass rusher last night. Said he could drop because of a past sex charge with a minor that got dismissed. I put him at the top of our list.
Sam Williams will probably be our second round pick if he is there.

Reaction score
Joseph would rather take the charge and end his career then be called a snitch. This case will never go away. If Joseph plays well this season someone will bring up the murder investigation. This really sucks. I hope Jerry can get him to do the right thing. The police just want to close their case, he would get immunity from being prosecuted. Of course the other teams would call him a snitch and he would lose street cred.:rolleyes::rolleyes:
If he "takes the charge" he won't be playing this year. Or maybe any other year

nobody

Reaction score
Yes, this is true that he did have a duty to report the crime. This is something the DA, I suspect, will try to use to get him to talk. However, the defence attorney would argue that he didn't want to be outed as a snitch.

This is only assuming he was in the car. I have no sympathy for him in that case...because it looked premeditated. IF he was in the car, he simply could have gotten an Uber or not gotten in and said "Better for me and you if I am not present for this."

I would like to think he was smart enough not to get in the car.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
This sucks. Plain and simple.

I saw the ESPN headlines that spelled out a football player last name Joseph and knew it was going to be our boy. Innocent until proven guilty and all that jazz but I’m more a believer in where there’s smoke, there’s fire.

Corner was a position looking damn promising and we’ll still be okay with Diggs, Brown and Lewis but Joseph looked like another Pro Bowl corner headed our way.

Not enough talent boosts for this year unless we have a miraculous draft. Nice knowing you Big Mike. Another Coach on the Jones Boys trampled dreams path.

This goes down 3 ways - 1) Ray Lewis and I narrowly avoided killing my career because of my boys, 2) Michael Vick and too late my boys screwed my career or 3) I’m Dwayne Goodrich and I did something really stupid, goodbye career.

Cowboys still have Nahshon Wright. He showed promise during preseason last year, but got burned a few times towards the end of the season when he finally got a few chances to play. If Nahshon can improve this offseason, training camp and preseason, the Cowboys should be ok.

I hope you're right. I just enjoyed watching that kid in his limited time last year. You could see something special. I'm no talent guru but occasionally I see those guys play that only a blindman wouldn't notice, and I felt Joseph was one of them.

Of course, if he's doing stupid crap like this, he probably didn't have the discipline to double down on technique, film and all that it takes to be a pro.

Just a shame... having a bunch of good corners is such an asset in today's league. It was nice having one position that wasn't a question mark, and a crucial position at that.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
This is only assuming he was in the car. I have no sympathy for him in that case...because it looked premeditated. IF he was in the car, he simply could have gotten an Uber or not gotten in and said "Better for me and you if I am not present for this."

I would like to think he was smart enough not to get in the car.

Neither do I. I'm just saying what I would anticipate the defence attorney would argue in that case. This is actually quite intriguing for me to test my memory from what I studied with my bachelor's and master's degrees (Criminal Justice and Homeland Security Studies respectively).

jrumann59

Reaction score
Exactly. Right now no one has any idea what happened between the fight and the shooting. KJ could have been long gone. I don't want to hate on the guy because there's some bad optics. I'm going to wait and see what happens. I feel bad for the victim's family but until there's proof or a conviction I'm not going to assume KJ did anything. It's still difficult for me to see how someone with no criminal background can jump to being involved in a murder. It doesn't add up. So we'll see how it plays out.
That is not how the internet works, you need pearl clutching, wannabe lawyers, an some others with insidious under tones. That is the court of public opinion for you.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
For me, it is sort of the straw that breaks the camel's back as far as Cowboys Player behavior. How many times are we going to see them pull stuff like this? Jerry needs to change the culture and come down like a sledgehammer as an example. He was even only involved in the fight but the people he was with later murdered the guy? Cut him. Send the team a message: "Choose your friends wisely or risk your multi-million dollar career."
They ends the sermon on the Star. Very puritanical view. Can't generalise to make a point....especially with the moralistic virtues of Jerry and his wiley ways.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Sam Williams will probably be our second round pick if he is there.
Sam Williams won't make it to our 56th overall pick. Using our 24th overall 1st round pick on any Olineman is a mistake, especially when pretty good Guards can be had in the 3rd and 4th rounds. If Florida State's supreme Edge rusher Jermaine Johnson, Georgia's monster NT Jordan Davis or Alabama's WR Jameson Williams are not available by the time the Cowboys pick at #24, it would probably be best to trade down into the late 1st round or early 2nd round and gain an extra 3rd or 4th round picks. Then go after Sam Williams, followed by either a LB, CB, WR or Safety with our 56th pick. Then address our Guard position in the 3rd.

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s god awful. Why are people trying to pretend or hope any differently?

I think there’s often a protective instinct that kicks in for fans. Some feel compelled to defend the organization and players.

Carson

Reaction score
If players have serious character red flags before the draft but the front office drafts him anyway, then they are to blame when something off the field happens.
Sam Williams is going to be our second round pick.

Same type of player. Talented. But tons of off field problems

phildadon86

Reaction score
Sam Williams won't make to our 56th overall pick. Using our 24th 1st round pick on any Olineman is a mistake, especially when pretty good Guards can be had in the 3rd and 4th rounds. If Florida State's supreme Edge rusher Jermaine Johnson, Georgia's monster NT Jordan Davis or Alabama's WR Jameson Williams are not available by the time the Cowboys pick at #24, it would probably be best to trade down into the late 1st round or early 2nd round and gain an extra 3rd or 4th round picks. Then go after Sam Williams, followed by either a LB, CB, WR or Safety with our 56th pick. Then address our Guard position in the 3rd.
Hey. We still fixing all the problems thru the draft? Just curious