Dallas Cowboys’ Kelvin Joseph is a person of interest in Dallas murder investigation

Tussinman

Reaction score
Front office continues to draft headaches like this. Infuriating.
I love all the defensive 2nd rounders that draft with baggage like maturity issues, health, suspensions, raw experience (Gregory, Joseph, Hill, Jaylon).

There's a reason why only 5 players in the 2nd round have signed 2nd contracts in the last 22 years.......

CWR

Reaction score
I love all the defensive 2nd rounders that draft with baggage like maturity issues, health, suspensions, raw experience (Gregory, Joseph, Hill, Jaylon).

There's a reason why only 5 players in the 2nd round have signed 2nd contracts in the last 22 years.......

Yet we act suprised our defense has been underwhelming for so long. I believe they are counting on Joseph to step up into the CB2 role this year.

nobody

Reaction score
Just think that post was just ever so slightly hyperbolic....straw breaking camel's back, cracking down on such culture and sending messages.

No, I really am tired of Dallas players getting in the news for reasons like this. And it's all because Jerry won't crack down. A lot of it is tied to the culture Jerry engenders. If players started getting cut and seriously disciplined for off-field behavior as well as half-effort play, we'd be far more likely to have players playing with strength and will. As it stands their gods in their own eyes and can do no wrong....and Jerry loves it.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I think its the point man. We are constantly burning 2nds on problematic players who either lack in maturity or health.

Jerry looks at upside and it bites him in the @#$ over and over. It's a poor philosophy and it's set us back repeatedly.

Innocent or not Joseph shouldn't be in those situations. He is an NFL player and he has to be more savvy in who he surrounds himself with. The thug life nonsense will only bring him down.
Joneses will probably take more chances this year. Let’s say that Joseph can’t play this year but Wright steps up and is a good cornerback. In two years nobody will care about Joseph. You draft 11 players if 4 are solid players and one is all pro. That is a good draft.

CWR

Reaction score
My point is that it's a Cowboys fan forum. It's about what is best for the team as a whole and not individual players. Sometimes players struggle and make mistakes, sometimes it is repeated by the same player. At what point is it okay to just shrug it off when it's hurting the team?

Don't you want the team to improve? I do. I have nothing against Joseph as a person. I hope that he gets away from the elements dragging him down. I just don't want his actions to hurt the team.

I remember a point in Dez's career where he admitted he had to cut ties with some people. That was around the time Jerry had a round the clock baby sitter for him. I give Dez credit though, he kept himself out of trouble and on the field for the most part. Let's hope KJ does the same. He probably won't be afforded as much guidance as Dez.

J_Allen

Reaction score
Just like his belief he fired Switzer too soon, and so JG gets a decade. We were irresponsible with the cap and now we are overly conservative in FA.

I've said it before, Jerry is the king of over correcting.

He passed on Moss and now takes every single thug he can get his hands on. That one still burns, 25 years later. I was expecting him to go after Michael Vick. I would have turned in my card after that.

Reactions: CWR

J_Allen

Reaction score
I remember a point in Dez's career where he admitted he had to cut ties with some people. That was around the time Jerry had a round the clock baby sitter for him. I give Dez credit though, he kept himself out of trouble and on the field for the most part. Let's hope KJ does the same. He probably won't be afforded as much guidance as Dez.

It looks like he'll have to do that in jail because it's a little bit late.

Reactions: CWR

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
It's not incorrect. The link you just provide is saying you're guilty for participating in a crime. You participate in a crime by planning it or ordering it. So the person hiring at hitman is just as guilty as the hitman. Texas does not have an accessory to murder charge. They have an Accessory after the fact, yes.

Yeah, you didn’t read the actual ordinance.

https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN10S249

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think that depends on your definition of it.

Thug
noun
  1. 1.
    a violent person, especially a criminal.

The people being discussed with him did indeed choose violence and possibly committed murder. By definition, that makes his associates thugs.
We are talking about him or his associates?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Conduct detrimental to the league is what they'll say. If you haven't noticed, Goodell likes to punish players for poor optics, rather than actual crimes for which they're found guilty.
I have never heard of a player suspended because he was at a club where a murder took place. Enlighten me please on this. Zeke allegedly knocked a fool out at a night club with witnesses. Nothing happened to him. Zeke also bullied a security guard while appearing drunk. Nothing happened to him.

CWR

Reaction score
Joneses will probably take more chances this year. Let’s say that Joseph can’t play this year but Wright steps up and is a good cornerback. In two years nobody will care about Joseph. You draft 11 players if 4 are solid players and one is all pro. That is a good draft.

I don’t disagree, and I believe we draft fairly well overall. I'm just fatigued from wasting 2nd rounders on problematic players. We are missing out on a big opportunity in that round. That's not to say Joseph's story is over.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Parcells first act when he arrived was to warn the players not to be where they shouldn't be. He may very well have been just along for the ride but the publicity he's brought to the Cowboys is anything but positive. This guy has a track record of problems, he should be doing it better than the rest.

The question initially asked about him was is he serious about football? I would say not serious enough.

The one thing in his corner is that he is a Cowboy, most teams would be cutting ties as fast as they can. Image matters to them.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Man, a poster was listing some other players who ran into troubles. At one point it got to Joseph Randle. Someone posted that he wasn't a criminal and someone posted a pacman link. I have no idea how or why folks go that confused and made the link to pacman. But its clear people were posting comments about one person in response to comments about another player.

Just forget about all that it was a cluster discussion.
Yeah I know what happened. It would’ve been nice if he owned up to his mistake but he’d rather troll but he is a Philly fan so what did I expect lol.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I don’t disagree, and I believe we draft fairly well overall. I'm just fatigued from wasting 2nd rounders on problematic players. We are missing out on a big opportunity in that round. That's not to say Joseph's story is over.
It’s football brother. These guys are not angels. If it was not for football some of these guys would be in major trouble. Hernandez was a true thug and killer. You would not have thought that off of his interviews.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If players have serious character red flags before the draft but the front office drafts him anyway, then they are to blame when something off the field happens.
But there were no signs of anything like this. If anything signs pointed he’d probably unmotivated or lazy. I keep waiting for someone to direct me to his “thuggish” ways in college but no one will.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Criminal law is intended to prevent and punish conduct that society wants to eradicate. Aiding and abetting laws in Texas extend the law by recognizing that when an individual assists another in the commission or concealment of a crime, he or she should be punished. Even though the individual might not have been involved in committing the criminal act, he or she may face possible jail time.

link

Aiding and abetting another party’s commission of a crime might include:

• Failure to make a reasonable effort to prevent another person from committing a criminal act
  • Failure to report the commission of a crime under “mandatory reporter status” (or alert law enforcement to a potential commission of a crime)
  • Agreeing to purchase a firearm for another party to use in the commission of a crime
  • Providing aid to another person who desires to engage in the commission of a crime
  • Aiding another party in the commission of a crime
  • Attempting to help another person in the commission of a crime
  • Directing another party to commit a crime
  • Encouraging another person to commit a crime
  • Soliciting another party to commit a criminal act
In other states a person can be charged with accessory to murder just for being in the car with the shooter. In Texas a person has to say shoot him or be involved with planning of the incident in order to be charged. So Texas doesn't have an accessory to murder charge. You either committed murder or you didn't in Texas.

No one in Texas has ever received an accessory to murder charge. It's accessory after the fact or failure to report a felony. So of you helped someone plan a murder then you will be charged with murder, not accessory. There is no accessory to murder charge in Texas.

If a guy is the lookout in a convenience store robbery where the clerk was killed, then that lookout would be charged with murder. The specific charge of accessory to murder does not exist in Texas. It's murder, failure to report a felony, or accessory after the fact.

It's easy as heck to understand. Say I'll say it again. Texas does not have an accessory to murder charge.