Dallas Cowboys’ Kelvin Joseph is a person of interest in Dallas murder investigation

fivetwos

Reaction score
No matter what happens this has gotta cost him a few games by the hand of Goodell yes?

Not to rehash that mess, but Elliott seemed to be off the hook legally but still took a beating from Roger.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I guess the guy with the chain involved himself in the fight...but he didnt start it.

But does a fist fight warrant gun play?:huh:
Especially when the fight is over and everyone is going his way?

You bots have to always leave out important pieces of information. He wasnt the main instigator of the fight. Might even be able to say he was protecting his boy even if his boy started it.

Chill with the name-calling. I'm a former newspaper reporter who has covered criminal and civil cases. You don't HAVE TO BE the main instigator in a civil suit. You just have to be responsible in some way. And if you have money, you have an automatic target on your back. KJ should have learned this at the NFL rookie symposium, if he wasn't sleeping or didn't have earplugs in listening to his latest rap single.
Criminal and civil suits are not the same. The burden of proof is different.
And exactly how are you protecting your boys when both parties go their separate ways and one party speeds by in an SUV and its occupants fire shots that kill members of the other party?

I assume we are talking about the guy throwing punches like a drunkard that was wearing a chain and a shirt with similar logo on front...but that guy didnt start the fight

Again, you aren't getting it. If you're in a fight and you fear for your life, yes, you may have some justification for pulling a gun and shooting someone.
If you're in a fight and you both discontinue the fight and you walk to your cars and your combatant walks to his and you decide to drive by your combatant's car and fire shots, how is that "protecting your boys"?

You're trying to give KJ the benefit of the doubt using ridiculous arguments, which pretty much means he really has no excuses.

What he needs to worry about now is his friends flipping on him. He's "cooperating" with authorities. He'd better be worried about his friends offering him up as a sacrificial lamb. And based on what I know about prosecutors, they prefer the "big fish" over minnows ANY DAY!

jwitten82

Reaction score
People like this tweeter is the reason why people don’t speak up when they witness a crime. This world is truly sad sometimes.
If Joseph did turn those guys in, then he is the perfect example of a rat. If he had turned those guys in as soon as it happened, then no he wouldn't fit that description, because that's actually the right thing to do, you shouldn't throw your life away for somebody else's stupid decisions. But he KNEW about the shooting, and stayed silent for a month, until he got called for questioning, so so if he turned them because he felt the heat then yea, he's a snitch. At least his rap career should be over

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do you think any jury or judge would believe he was in the car when someone in the car shot a man, but he never knew it?

That would be speculation. No facts or proof that he knew.
However people would assume what you are saying is correct, because people are extremely judge mental.
They would have to vet the jury very well to remove that element.

Right now I am not forming an opinion either way.
Except he used very poor judgement as to his peers. I will wait until it is all said and done.
But I would lean to moving on from him. This could cause some locker room division. But if he stays on the team, then I hope he becomes that lock down CB.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
well, but you weren't involved with the girl missing so you would have no reason to be watching tv or listening to the radio

don't you think you would be listening to the radio or news if you were in a car and people inside were shooting at some kids on a previous evening?

well, you are applying logic that you and I likely would think about. BUt this could be just another night out for these guys. My point is what he may have done and what police could prove hes done in something like HAVING KNOWLEDGE of the guys death when he wasnt around when he died are very different. They didnt stick around to actually see the result of the shots fired was my point.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Sacate las manos de tu bolsa...and...Go get me some tamales topped with queso blanco and some salsa roja, some tortilla chips with some Pico de Gallo, and a couple of ice-cold Coronas topped with some lemon-salt, Wile E...

When you turn 60 (in the very near future) your bowels will be a mess.
I suggest tapioca pudding, oatmeal and jell-o to rid your gaseous ways at home.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Now on this i agree 100%. But I was talking from a legal stand point .

What just sucks, is the team seemed to be thinking this guy could step up and be an impact player this year. That is now very much in doubt. There are a lot of young nfl players just like this. Young, cocksure of themselves, lots of time in their hands, and no shortage of cash on hand to go along with their horrible decision making. It all makes for a toxic combination for many young players.

Agree completely! Feel like this was kind of the knock on him coming out too

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
well, you are applying logic that you and I likely would think about. BUt this could be just another night out for these guys. My point is what he may have done and what police could prove hes done in something like HAVING KNOWLEDGE of the guys death when he wasnt around when he died are very different. They didnt stick around to actually see the result of the shots fired was my point.
but even a poc gangster would have at least some sense of guilt to see if anything was reported on it after his adrenalin settled down.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Kelvin, you now have this little real-life rap video in which a man is killed and you so gangsta!
But now the video is over.
Time for a commercial.
Now real life comes at you.
Soon, you'll be sharing a tiny cell with a guy whose morals and values are lower than yours.
And him wanting the rep of hurting a DALLAS COWBOY.
Sleep well...

Last edited:

Reid1boys

Reaction score
but even a poc gangster would have at least some sense of guilt to see if anything was reported on it after his adrenalin settled down.
I work in an alt-ed high school with kids that are involved in gangs. There was a double homicide of one of my student's uncles back around Christmas. 2 days later a house was burned down in retaliation from the shooting. This stuff has now carried into our school.... trust me when I tell you these guys have ZERO compassion for others. Which means they have zero guilt over beating the hell out of or even killing another person.

You are thinking like most of society would respond.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
IN any event, if Zeke grabbing some booty got him six games, hanging with murderers is really gonna be some conduct detrimental to the league.... 16 game suspension is looming regardless of any criminal proceedings . We know how it works for Cowboy's players and Roger.