Game Day Dallas Cowboys at Las Vegas Raiders | Postgame Thread

mmohican29

Reaction score
My thoughts are, if Dak was to go down for just a few weeks I would want Rush to keep the wheels on the bus since we know he can do that. If Dak was to go down long term, let's see what Lance has as he has the ability to take over games that Rush just doesn't have and thus could beat teams Rush couldn't. For that reason Rush will continue to be our #2 as he can come immediately after any injury, but Lance could get the start the following week (especially if we were to lose)
This.

Rush is a perfect patch QB. Buys you time within 3 or 4 games and take 2 of them and steal a 3rd contest.

Full season outlook? Give me the kid that presents extra athletic pressure to a Defense. Hopefully he improves closer to his "unknown" ceiling as he gains confidence and rapport with the Lambs, Cooks and Fergusons etc.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Wondering if the Lance haters can give him ANY props for tonight's performance....if it's in you to be positive!?

not a Trey hater, but from what i read, from good solid posters, he did better, does that flow into the playoffs and make anyone feel he can win in the playoffs? No, but he can get us to where Dak is and i wish JJ would drop Dak and just use Trey for next year, with everyone knowing its anotehr wasted year.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Lance did ok in the 2nd half. Plated better than the 1st half. Still has a long way to go, but he made a few key pass plays downfield and he used his legs to move the sticks and eventually get into the endzone. 151 yards passing is less than last week's 188 passing yards, but Lance passed only 23 times tonight compared to 41 last week. Nice improvement. Still has much work to do but still is not good enough to supplant Cooper Rush for the QB2 spot. Just keep on improving at this point.
Maybe the Raiders can make a trade offer.:thumbup:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Yes he is.

Cooper Rush is a known commodity as a quality back up QB and absolutely nothing more.

You just saw Lance outplay both starters for Vegas with less talent. And he was better than Rush (tonight anyway).
Cooper Rush only played 1 possession. Not a fair comparison.

Last edited:

mmohican29

Reaction score
Cooper Rush only played 1 possession. Not a fair comparison.
True.

Did he do anything of note?

I hear what you're saying: but we've seen Rush in the preseason before in years past, and we all wondered how the f he made the team several times.. so, maybe it's not so unfair right?

ShiningStar

Reaction score
True.

Did he do anything of note?

I hear what you're saying: but we've seen Rush in the preseason before in years past, and we all wondered how the f he made the team several times.. so, maybe it's not so unfair right?
who knows what was going on at that time, were the coaches that bad? did they ask him to throw to certain players? Did the Cowboys even have an offense that they thought would do good in the regular season?

Just to be clear, no, no one who watches these games and know football makes that comparison because there is so much more going on.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
No way.

Dak was amongst the very best at scrambling, moving around in the pocket, giving his receivers time to get open, run for a 1st down or TD, etc in 2023.

Good thing for film...

Lance is just faster and shiftier. When he okie doked that Raider who had him dead to rights and got the first down, that is something I've seen where Dak gets sacked when he could have thrown the ball away.

plymkr

Reaction score
My thoughts are, if Dak was to go down for just a few weeks I would want Rush to keep the wheels on the bus since we know he can do that. If Dak was to go down long term, let's see what Lance has as he has the ability to take over games that Rush just doesn't have and thus could beat teams Rush couldn't. For that reason Rush will continue to be our #2 as he can come immediately after any injury, but Lance could get the start the following week (especially if we were to lose)
Good points. I agree

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yes he is.

Cooper Rush is a known commodity as a quality back up QB and absolutely nothing more.

You just saw Lance outplay both starters for Vegas with less talent. And he was better than Rush (tonight anyway).
Rush barely played. And Raiders quarterbacks suck.

But Lance did play better. Started off rocky but all in all a much better game than last week.

rambo2

Reaction score
Lance is just faster and shiftier. When he okie doked that Raider who had him dead to rights and got the first down, that is something I've seen where Dak gets sacked when he could have thrown the ball away.
Lance is bigger, faster, stronger. Anybody can see that.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think they have pretty much said as much. If it’s a competition why isn’t Rush playing more? Seems like Rush has solidified that second spot and this time is being used to develop Lance.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Lance is bigger, faster, stronger. Anybody can see that.
hes younger, stronger, but not as good as touch, and you cant teach touch, He nmigh have it and we havent seen it on display. but for that reason alone, and because JJ makes bad decisions on his own, no way they are riding with Trey