Game Day Dallas Cowboys at Las Vegas Raiders | Pregame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I hope the Cowboys go more with the rush to assess their options. Don't see the need to throw 40 plus times. I like Lance's ability to scramble but his throwing form, decision making, and peripheral vision will need to improve. My concern with Dak is just making it through a season without a serious injury and his post season struggles. I'd also like to watch the Cowboys edge rush prospects. That and the run game are two areas the Cowboys really have to figure out. Just preseason but lots of unanswered questions with this team.
I think we understand our options in the running game. Elliott isn't going to change at this point, neither is Dowdle or Freeman. We may need to look at the younger guys (Vaughn, Peat), but we certainly don't need to see Malik Davis carry the ball 20 times.

This preseason is about giving Lance lots of reps to see if the game starts to click in place for him with more experience.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Hope to see the starters play a bit, although not likely. Hopefully Trey can shore up those high passes a bit from last week. Just see overall improvement from last week on both sides of the ball and get outta there healthy.
Don't need to see Dak or Cooks, but considering we may have two rookies on the OL, I'd like to see that unit out there with each other for a series or two.

rambo2

Reaction score
I think we understand our options in the running game. Elliott isn't going to change at this point, neither is Dowdle or Freeman. We may need to look at the younger guys (Vaughn, Peat), but we certainly don't need to see Malik Davis carry the ball 20 times.

This preseason is about giving Lance lots of reps to see if the game starts to click in place for him with more experience.
Vaughn and Peat and all them can run through an open hole. All backs will get tackled with Waletzko and Ball trying to block for them.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Vaughn and Peat and all them can run through an open hole. All backs will get tackled with Waletzko and Ball trying to block for them.
Not sure your point. Any back can run through an open hole. That's not really what we need to see. We need to see what happens when they have to create, find the secondary hole, etc. Can they break a tackle in the backfield? Can they run out of trouble? Can they leave an unblocked defender grasping at air?

gimmesix

Reaction score
The preseason is to prepare for the regular season.
I don't think that's what the games are for anymore. They are geared more toward evaluating your young talent.

Camp, joint practices, etc., now seem to be the preferred way to prepare for the regular season.

rambo2

Reaction score
Not sure your point. Any back can run through an open hole. That's not really what we need to see. We need to see what happens when they have to create, find the secondary hole, etc. Can they break a tackle in the backfield? Can they run out of trouble? Can they leave an unblocked defender grasping at air?
They know they can do it.

J_Allen

Reaction score
Jerry is looking old, tired, and sad. He knows the end is near and it doesn't look like he's going to win a Superbowl on his own. Super Bowl XXX was still Jimmy.

Status
Not open for further replies.