Game Day Dallas Cowboys at Los Angeles Chargers Pre-Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
That was the all-time most disappointing Cowboys teams ever for me. We beat the Giants twice that season and the 10-1 Packers only to watch both teams end up in the NFC championship game with the Giants going on to win the Super Bowl. That was the most angry and frustrated I’ve ever been during my 51 years as a Cowboys fan. :mad:
Someone Jinxed us on this board too >.> saying something like no team ever beat another team 3 times in the same season (including playoffs) That wasn't true, but still Jinxed us.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Have to agree. 07 was also the last time I thought dallas was really a contender
I think most figured New England was better in 07. They had blown out the Cowboys earlier that season, but the Cowboys were clearly the best team in the NFC. Although the team started to sputter the final month of the season and Romo wasn’t playing well, I thought we could turn it back on in the playoffs, especially at home against a team we had beaten twice that season. That loss against the Giants turned me into an angry Cowboys fan. I stopped buying into the team after that season. It was a wasted
opportunity that I still carry the scars from.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The gym is spotless. I cleaned everything. Ready for the game. Pregame ritual.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
This is the get right game. Come out and play well while showing some competence on offense and get a win. Dallas will be right back in the thick of things. They will have a bye to really dig into the offensive woes and get right.

If they come out and spit the bit, then it is probably all downhill from here.
Yup. SF and Philly gave us gifts yesterday. If we can’t capitalize— we are not contenders

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Someone Jinxed us on this board too >.> saying something like no team ever beat another team 3 times in the same season (including playoffs) That wasn't true, but still Jinxed us.
I was on a different board in 2007. The board was lightly moderated with only one moderator who didn’t even show up every day. The infighting amongst fans got completely out of control after the game. Fans were threatening other fans. We got bombarded by Giants fans. One Cowboys fan challenged one of the Giants fans to a fight. They both lived out of state and said they would meet halfway at a bar in Kansas City. :laugh: It was complete chaos after the game. The insults and threats got so bad fans started complaining and the board was taken down a couple of weeks later. Everyone was forced to find another board to post on. I didn’t find this board until 2009.

Praxit

Reaction score
giphy.gif

75boyz

Reaction score
I will continue to look for the gameday advantage of this SB winning playcaller to show himself.

Along with optimal decision making shown by this QB.

I'll be looking for these 2 things as keys to success every week.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
We'll probably know the vibe of the game by the first Cowboys offensive drive. It needs to not be a predictable 3 & out.

75boyz

Reaction score
This is the get right game. Come out and play well while showing some competence on offense and get a win. Dallas will be right back in the thick of things. They will have a bye to really dig into the offensive woes and get right.

If they come out and spit the bit, then it is probably all downhill from here.
Well said. And I believe the absolute truth.

noletime95

Reaction score
Well, I can’t be disappointed tonight. I’ve got that going for me

tromofan

Reaction score
San Diego has one of the worst pass defenses in football. If Dak can't rebound tonight, it don't look good going forward. I have no doubt our defense will show up. Important to remember that Eckler comes back tonight for them as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.