Game Day Dallas Cowboys at Los Angeles Rams | Postgame Thread

Do you see any degree of improvement over last year's team?

• Total voters

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Stephen Smith doesn't sound like he is impressed with Trey Lance lol.
His performance was just so-so. If he'd hit on the end-zone fade or the deep sideline pass, that changes the narrative, but he was off on both of those throws. He also had three drops by receivers that hurt his possessions.

I thought he had a few really nice throws in the midrange area, and a couple that were close to being picks. He needs to work on his outlet passes to the flat because he was throwing them too high.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Lance may be the headliner here (cause he's bad), but I am more concerned about the DL depth (DT, lack of pass rushers) and the RB spot.

Guyton looked good and the OL should be fine. WR looks decent too, when we get Lamb and Cooks in there. But RB and DL is essentially WYSIWYG. DT as well is a major weakness. Mazi flashed good and bad. And we have nothing outside of him.
Well, our best DT (Odighizuwa) did not play and Mazi wasn't bad. He had one bad play from what I could tell, where he allowed the center to handle him one-on-one to help create a running lane.
25/41......188 yards....NO INTS....plus 5 drops.

Ran for 44 yards....while running for his life most of the day.

You can't tell me Dak wouldn't have panicked and took 10 sacks today.
Why does it have to be about Dak?

The drops didn't help. Lance missed some throws that he needed to make, but had some nice throws as well and showed that he can use his legs for yardage.

It seems with our fans you either suck or your great and there's no room for in between. He was in between.

RoboQB

Reaction score
They should leave that McMath kid in LA. Maybe he can make it in Hollywood as an actor, but he sure didn't look like an NFL WR. Two key drops. The last one cost the game, I'm. Not that preseason matters much.

T-RO

Reaction score
A preseason game - or even 3 of them - will tell us almost nothing about what this team is going to be. May tell some things about the young players development. But PS games tell us nothing - zero - about what will happen in the regular season. If you like learning about our backups and practice squad players, its great.

It’s one of the many reasons why I don’t particularly care for PS games. No game planning, very small playbook, few starters, nothing on the line. They are truly exhibition games.
100%. In truth I would just call them "practices" or "exhibitions".

The coaches care very little about "winning". And as you noted...the players on the field may have a star on them, but 2/3 of the snaps are made by players who won't even be on the final roster.

The only thing you can do really do in watching is to evaluate backups and rookies.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
They should leave that McMath kid in LA. Maybe he can make it in Hollywood as an actor, but he sure didn't look like an NFL WR. Two key drops. The last one cost the game, I'm. Not that preseason matters much.
It especially doesn’t matter if you lose.