Game Day Dallas Cowboys at Los Angeles Rams | Postgame Thread

Do you see any degree of improvement over last year's team?

• Total voters

mmohican29

Reaction score
I honestly didn't think Lance was that bad. He wasn't good, but he played most of the game with the 3rd and 4th string OL and did make some plays. He does need to have better situational awareness, but so does QB1 and HC sooo...

mmohican29

Reaction score
The Gap between Lance and Rush is huge. Rush did more in one series than Lance did all game.
He hit one pass to Brooks and flamed out in the RZ.

Like Lance did over and over, as the Cowboys do in pre-season ad nauseum.

If Dak had played I bet the results aren't that far off in the 1st pre-season contest since his rookie year.

Pipelayer72

Reaction score
I think lack of a run game is my biggest concern. It's only the first pre season game so I know I have to be patient and see what happens. The defense looked pretty good but the Rams QB was really off. I think they'll be some unexpected players that emerge this year. At least I hope so.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A preseason game - or even 3 of them - will tell us almost nothing about what this team is going to be. May tell some things about the young players development. But PS games tell us nothing - zero - about what will happen in the regular season. If you like learning about our backups and practice squad players, its great.

It’s one of the many reasons why I don’t particularly care for PS games. No game planning, very small playbook, few starters, nothing on the line. They are truly exhibition games.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
A preseason game - or even 3 of them - will tell us almost nothing about what this team is going to be. May tell some things about the young players development. But PS games tell us nothing - zero - about what will happen in the regular season.

It’s one of the many reasons why I don’t particularly care for PS games. No game planning, very small playbook, few starters, nothing on the line. They are truly exhibition games.
I learned that Overshown is still Overshown. It’s great watching the young players battle for a position somewhere.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
A preseason game - or even 3 of them - will tell us almost nothing about what this team is going to be. May tell some things about the young players development. But PS games tell us nothing - zero - about what will happen in the regular season. If you like learning about our backups and practice squad players, its great.

The Rams learned that Bennett doesn’t quit.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I learned that Overshown is still Overshown. It’s great watching the young players battle for a position somewhere.
Rock I support you and any fan who likes watching pre-season games. I just cant get excited about them but for those who do, that’s cool.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Rock I support you and any fan who likes watching pre-season games. I just cant get excited about them but for those who do, that’s cool.
Wasn’t judging, just stating why I enjoy them. I once bought a TV just to watch the first preseason game many years ago. I wasn’t making much money back then. My household goods hadn’t arrived yet at my new duty station. Wasn’t going to miss it.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Improved over last year?
Yes and no.
QB? No.
I don't think Lance will overtake Cooper. Cooper would've won that game. Our receivers made Lance look better than he was.
We don't have any new RBs to evaluate.
I think today's defense was better than last years 1st game.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Yes, they looked improved, not even phased by losing a preseason game. Lance's accuracy was just like Dak's in the beginning throwing ball behind his receivers no YAC. He looked like a rookie, he looked like he is a guy that has not played much football since high school.

rambo2

Reaction score
I liked seeing our 2nd team secondary. Carson, Bell, and Thomas are good enough to start. The linebackers are going to be good. The depth of the dline is going to be an issue, but Justin Rogers might help.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Based off this game only?
5-12 at best

Lance is not a pocket QB so quit trying to make him one.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I'm already having bad memories of Zimmer's defensive shell at the end of games that just lets people score.
I can't speak to Zimmer's past, but todays defense did not "just let people score". They held the Rams out to the Ram's last ditch effort in the last few seconds of the game. In fact I'd like to know exactly how many plays it took for the Rams to score in the last 10 yards or
so. The Cowboys actually made a pretty good defensive stand till the very last play. Zim's defense played a good game overall.
I think some are overreacting out of disappointment. That same defense you're criticizing held the Rams to no TDs till the 4th down last ditch effort in the closing seconds.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
U act like we are this team that wins in the playoffs. Like the chiefs or somethint.

So youre ok with more of the same? Lol okay
Willie, if you’ve ever followed anything you’d know that answer. Come on man. I’m just not gonna lose my mind over a PS especially when this team is never serious about PS.

rambo2

Reaction score
I can't speak to Zimmer's past, but todays defense did not "just let people score". They held the Rams out to the Ram's last ditch effort in the last few seconds of the game. In fact I'd like to know exactly how many plays it took for the Rams to score in the last 10 yards or
so. The Cowboys actually made a pretty good defensive stand till the very last play. Zim's defense played a good game overall.
I think some are overreacting out of disappointment. That same defense you're criticizing held the Rams to no TDs till the 4th down last ditch effort in the closing seconds.
That free 15 yards that the Rams got on that bogus penalty helped them and the drop by the Cowboys receiver helped the Rams as well. There should have been offsetting penalties on the 5th interception play also. The Ram left tackle was holding.

Buzzbait

Reaction score

Hey after a long slow off season, I'm ready to learn about our new draftee's and see what we have, and some of those rookies will be starters this year, if not right away, before too long. Besides, it sure beats the off season doldrums.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Yes, it’s exhibition. Yes, there were some good things but you know what the worst part of this day was the worst part of this loss?

Mike McCarthy on fourth and one early in the game having Lance throw fade to the corner of the ez - the ball was 4 feet outta bounds.

That’s what you wanna see your offensive line show you something.

Pathetic, horrific unimaginative fatness

This team and franchise continue to suck.
Could have felt it was more important to see if Lance could complete that than if the backup line could win on a running play.

Preseason games are for player evaluation. Yes, we could have evaluated the run blocking there instead, but that's not what they chose to do.

Now, if during the regular season that's anything other than a QB sneak, it's a terrible call.