Game Day Dallas Cowboys at Los Angeles Rams | Postgame Thread

Do you see any degree of improvement over last year's team?

• Total voters

speedkilz88

Reaction score
So i think all in all the defense did ok, i saw good DT play in the Running game. DE did not get pressure until late in the game. LBs played good in both run and pass defense, w/out our top 2 corners we did great and got 4 picks.

Somethings need to change:

We need better play from Rush Ends, more pressure on the QB, they did great in Run game.
Lance is not a NFL QB Needs to switch positions if he's even interested.
Rush is our Backup QB.
We need to Sign CD OR JuJu because our depth in the WR sucks.
RB Dowdle did good connor did good, davis is crap same as last year and needs to hand over the pictures of jerry and leave. did not see Peat do anything so he's a NA and others were held out or hurt.

Im holding my final judgement until after 3rd preseason game. but so far we have work to do.
FYI, veterans didn't play. Just the young guys.

rambo2

Reaction score
So i think all in all the defense did ok, i saw good DT play in the Running game. DE did not get pressure until late in the game. LBs played good in both run and pass defense, w/out our top 2 corners we did great and got 4 picks.

We need better play from Rush Ends, more pressure on the QB, they did great in Run game.
Rush is our Backup QB.
RB Dowdle did good connor did good, davis is crap same as last year and needs to hand over the pictures of jerry and leave. did not see Peat do anything so he's a NA and others were held out or hurt.

Im holding my final judgement until after 3rd preseason game. but so far we have work to do.
The depth in the receivers is good. Turpin, Brooks, Crooper, Billy-Johnson, Durden, and the big guy that made the catches over the middle. They have more than they can keep. Flournoy is also in the mix

Carson

Reaction score

Rush is our Backup QB.

Pretty sure these glaring warts aren’t going to fix themselves and will be the reason they struggle to make the postseason / get out of the first round.

- Running game is going to be bad
- Pass rush outside of Micah is going to struggle
- Run defense did look much improved
- Play calls. Preseason, yes. But we’ve seen Mike do the 4th and 1 from the 2 and opt for a crazy play.
- If 4 and 88 have off days, the offense is going to struggle.
- OL depth. Yikes. Bostick, Bass, Waletzko all looked pretty bad.

Carson

Reaction score
The depth in the receivers is good. Turpin, Brooks, Crooper, Billy-Johnson, Durden, and the big guy that made the catches over the middle. They have more than they can keep. Flournoy is also in the mix
Harmon should make the 53. He has NFL Experience and played well today

calicowboy54

Reaction score
FYI, veterans didn't play. Just the young guys.
yeah i know, its not about the results of the game but the level of play they did. Lance at College level great, NFL not so good. the DEs need to get more pressure, i know the DE from Wester Michigan is a rook, but he needs to do more and will grow just right now we need help and i am not sure if its coming from him. Mazi is Mazi and LBs and DBs did amazing and kept us in the game. the OL i really did not pay much attention too other than we had running lanes. the WR all dropped i think 12 or more balls and that is not acceptable even for backups, and Yes part of that was lance throwing to 7'4 victor wembanyama or thinking they had his hight.

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
some players did look like they could be improving, but you never know what the opposition was trying to do in those plays.

once there is more than one game to reveal things, it'll be less of a guessing game.

this looked like "The Trey Lance Trade Game" plan to me. hardly any punting (making it hard on the defense while doing so), lots of passing.

I'd imagine the next game may be more of the same

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
The redzone possession at the end of the first quarter, after Bell's interception showed Lance lacks confidence, accuracy and timing. He is a long term project.

They should have scored twice, once on 3rd down and again on 4th down but he stared down the receivers, waited 2 seconds too long and they ran out of field to work with.

It is obvious that Rush is the backup, and should be playing more in the preseason.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I’m laughing at some of the comments that were posted prior to the game today. You would’ve thought we were going to be witnessing a prodigy at QB. Lol The Trey Lance era begins today. :laugh:
Yeah earlier in the game I thought Lance was doing decent for his lack of experience, but by the end of the game he didn't look to me like he was going anywhere. I don't think he's got it.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Pretty sure these glaring warts aren’t going to fix themselves and will be the reason they struggle to make the postseason / get out of the first round.

- Play calls. Preseason, yes. But we’ve seen Mike do the 4th and 1 from the 2 and opt for a crazy play.
Wow, you learned all of this from the first preseason game with no starters and a 3rd string QB who may or may not make the team? Wow.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I get that you don't get my point.
Sort of.

If Dak had played in Lance's place...with everything else the same......what would have happened?
Wouldn't have to upgrade to Dak, if our backup QB Cooper Rush had been playing and all else equal, we would've won that game easily.
And the defense played a pretty good game.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

The veteran whom the Cowboys brought in last week,

Al-Quadin Muhammad​

DE​

#92​

looked quick, fast and aggressive off the edge during training camp this past week since he's now been a Cowboy.

I did not get a chance to truly study the game today (due to severe illness) to see if he played or not, but I do remember him making some plays at camp during the week when he first showed up.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The redzone possession at the end of the first quarter, after Bell's interception showed Lance lacks confidence, accuracy and timing. He is a long term project.

They should have scored twice, once on 3rd down and again on 4th down but he stared down the receivers, waited 2 seconds too long and they ran out of field to work with.

It is obvious that Rush is the backup, and should be playing more in the preseason.
Agreed.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Wow, you learned all of this from the first preseason game with no starters and a 3rd string QB who may or may not make the team? Wow.
Yup! Overreaction to say the least Rock, especially like you said......the FIRST preseason game and 3rd string QB who in my opinion is unlikely to make the team. Earlier in the game I thought Lance didn't look too bad for his lack of experience, but by the end of the game my thought is he's not going to make it. Our backup QB Cooper Rush would've won that game easily.