Game Day Dallas Cowboys at Pittsburgh Steelers | 1st Half Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
It's more for lightning. You don't want players getting struck by lightning. If it was just rain, they'd probably be going.....that said.....(I arrived on Friday) back during AC, they had an enormous queue for registration on the Thursday, and one of my friends got drenched in the rain during a storm.
Just curious - what’s more dangerous playing in lightning or Thursday night games?

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
I am besides myself that I have to listen to these guys for another hour. I would rather wipe with sandpaper.
toilet-paper-rough-surface-similar-to-sandpaper-picture-id1032604810

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Fwiw, it's Pizza Parma!! One of my friends helped me out there.

https://www.anthrocon.org/guides/deals-services-to-cut-costs/

But yeah, they were previously called Fernando's, which Anthrocon saved back in 2012. They changed their name to Pizza Parma some time ago (I've been there, their pizza is pretty good). During Anthrocon, they change their name to "Furryland" and serve dishes in plastic dog bowls on request. It's really a fun place during AC.

Sidenote, the situation happened in 2012, when AC arrived in Pittsburgh from Albany (and prior to that was Philly). I joined the fandom on 25 September 2012.

Also, a friend of mine shared this link. Once the game gets going, I'll tone down this talk if course, but this is a better story than what they're telling on the pregame show lol. And it's got more to do with Pittsburgh culture.

Big D

Reaction score
This game is a situation where you need to run The ball. will McCarthy try to be a genius and out out smart mother nature by passing it 50 plus times? it's all run game, defense, and you're kicking game.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Gotta love the Steelers sportsmanship.....giving out free lightning protection caps to the Cowboys faithful. Hopefully Jerry is not embarrassed to sport the protective gear.

archie-mcphee-tinfoil-hat-humans-2.jpg

Flamma

Reaction score
Dak didn't have a problem with wet balls in game 1 of last year against the Giants. It was pouring rain.

Status
Not open for further replies.