News: Dallas Cowboys: Christian Covington may jolt the roster

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Strange... Covington is no end. I do like him as a relatively low cost rotational DT, but that’s all he is.
Crawford really isn't an end either. Saying no one could handle both spots without a drop off isn't really a compliment here. Either they are admitting the depth sucks or they're admitting the depth sucks. If he had stayed at DT and continued to develop there he and the team would probably be better for it.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Thought they were Canadian:huh:
Sorry, but calculus isn't required to project the trajectory of that comment's path...Canadian isn't relevant but in the context of football, period.

I've already made comment of the Canadian Football Hall of Fame and why that applies with Covington, who is very football intelligent.

I'm not wasting my time searching for something all ready unauthorized to be there. Not applicable with Covington and why my comment was highly relevant.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Sorry, but calculus isn't required to project the trajectory of that comment's path...Canadian isn't relevant but in the context of football, period.

I've already made comment of the Canadian Football Hall of Fame and why that applies with Covington, who is very football intelligent.

I'm not wasting my time searching for something all ready unauthorized to be there. Not applicable with Covington and why my comment was highly relevant.
Oh somehow comments about cap ramifications for Canadian players turned into the Mexico border which led to a lightly sarcastic I thought they were Canadian comment that somehow now has to do with the Canadian Football Hall of Fame. You are indeed correct no calculus needed since the math to map that **** hasn't been invented yet.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Oh somehow comments about cap ramifications for Canadian players turned into the Mexico border which led to a lightly sarcastic I thought they were Canadian comment that somehow now has to do with the Canadian Football Hall of Fame. You are indeed correct no calculus needed since the math to map that **** hasn't been invented yet.

No hiding to it...what you present is targeted and stereotyped as you contrived an element that had nothing to do, what so ever, with Covington or my comments. Take your slander and move on, troll.

Better yet, you will never come back off ignore...you and integrity just don't mix.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
No hiding to it...what you present is targeted and stereotyped as you contrived an element that had nothing to do, what so ever, with Covington or my comments. Take your slander and move on, troll.

Better yet, you will never come back off ignore...you and integrity just don't mix.
In a post that was obviously referring to Crawford I said I thought they were Canadian. You couldn't get a joke if it slapped you in the face.

CCBoy

Reaction score
A partial reposting from page one of this thread:

Covington is coming with the description of being very intelligent, strong in run support, and Canadian with a father who was Canadian Football Hall of Fame talent...and he learned well.

Well worth paying attention to in camp. Marinelli is known for bringing journeymen up to Pro Bowl levels of production...let's just take a second here, and watch...

Verdict

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys: Christian Covington may jolt the roster
https://thelandryhat.com/2019/05/16/dallas-cowboys-christian-covington-jolt/

...NEW SWISS ARMY KNIFE
The last two seasons Crawford has been off-limits as no other defensive linemen possessed his rare ability to handle both spots without a drop-off. The same would have applied to 2019 until Christian Covington signed in free agency.

Dallas added Covington to disrupt the interior, but he’s no one trick pony. Just like Crawford’s rookie year in Dallas, Covington has significant experience at 3-4 defensive end. In four starts and under 500 snaps combined the last two seasons, Covington had more sacks (4.5) than any Texans defensive end not named J.J. Watt.

Assumed to be a better fit in the Cowboys 4-3 defense, Covington could make his fellow Canadian expendable if he shows similar versatility. Releasing Crawford after June 1st would shave $7 million off the 2019 cap and another $8 million in 2020.

Crawford is under contract through 2020 while his challenger becomes a free agent. Though Covington could be re-signed for much less than Crawford’s 2020 cap savings. Let’s also not forget, at 25 years old, the new guy is four years younger.

Would love to see Crawford get flipped for a pick. His cap his isn’t that high for a guy who can actually play a little. May have some trade value.

Verdict

Reaction score
A partial reposting from page one of this thread:

Covington is coming with the description of being very intelligent, strong in run support, and Canadian with a father who was Canadian Football Hall of Fame talent...and he learned well.

Well worth paying attention to in camp. Marinelli is known for bringing journeymen up to Pro Bowl levels of production...let's just take a second here, and watch...

I’m excited about the player too, but I think you are getting a bit carried away with your praise of Marinelli!

Verdict

Reaction score
There are a TON of new faces on the DL. They didn’t bring all these guys in just for fun. Theybare hoping to upgrade the DL. At least that’s my take on it.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Would love to see Crawford get flipped for a pick. His cap his isn’t that high for a guy who can actually play a little. May have some trade value.

Might get a 4th or 5th for him but Dallas loves him. Plus I'm sure theres not much expected from covington.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas Cowboys: Christian Covington may jolt the roster
https://thelandryhat.com/2019/05/16/dallas-cowboys-christian-covington-jolt/

...NEW SWISS ARMY KNIFE
The last two seasons Crawford has been off-limits as no other defensive linemen possessed his rare ability to handle both spots without a drop-off. The same would have applied to 2019 until Christian Covington signed in free agency.

Dallas added Covington to disrupt the interior, but he’s no one trick pony. Just like Crawford’s rookie year in Dallas, Covington has significant experience at 3-4 defensive end. In four starts and under 500 snaps combined the last two seasons, Covington had more sacks (4.5) than any Texans defensive end not named J.J. Watt.

Assumed to be a better fit in the Cowboys 4-3 defense, Covington could make his fellow Canadian expendable if he shows similar versatility. Releasing Crawford after June 1st would shave $7 million off the 2019 cap and another $8 million in 2020.

Crawford is under contract through 2020 while his challenger becomes a free agent. Though Covington could be re-signed for much less than Crawford’s 2020 cap savings. Let’s also not forget, at 25 years old, the new guy is four years younger.

Release Crawford (Not Impressed) and sign Suh who would be great if we make the playoffs...... or use the money to re-sign Byron....Also have a feeling that CC and our new Rook DT just might be what the doctor ordered!

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Crawford has to justify the big bucks or get replaced by cheaper talent.
yeah would be good if this new guy can replace him but it may just be depth.
I remember when in 2014 they didnt want to pay murray 8 mil a year, but turned around and paid crawford 8 mil a year!!
Just my opinion, but they paid the wrong guy.