News: Dallas Cowboys Jason Garrett Is Becoming The Coach Cowboys Fans Always Wanted

CCBoy

Reaction score
Saints had much better record then Dallas over that span including playoff wins. Payton 6-4 in playoffs. It is laughable to think Garrett has anything over Payton. The roster you praise Garrett for building over 8 years has accomplished almost nothing. I will take playoff seasons, wins and rings over supposed roster-building. Lastly, if Garrett is building this roster, than he is a part of overpaying it is he not? Bryant? Romo? Crawford? Carr?

Wait.....wait....wait

:muttley::popcorn:

If all one is going to attempt, is a topical troll, then just stay the hell off that thread.

followthestar

Reaction score
In all fairness to the article's main point, it says JG IS BECOMING the HC we want. Doesn't say he's there yet. I pray he has gathered enough insight into how winning coaches actually win games over his tenure that he can make this team perennial playoff contenders. A good or great coach 's team will overachieve, a not-so-good coach's team will underachieve. Over the span of JG's career as HC, I bet most would agree this team has underachieved. I'm just saying...

ShiningStar

Reaction score
lol good seasons where he needs talent and hes the coach we been waiting for? oh how funny. just shows how the "mediocre atmosphere" we have been breathing has taken hold. 2 good seasons, of which he did nothing in the others, and this is the coach we want? smh. Where was this article last year? or during any of his 8-8 seasons? how the writer has a very short memory.

CCBoy

Reaction score
lol good seasons where he needs talent and hes the coach we been waiting for? oh how funny. just shows how the "mediocre atmosphere" we have been breathing has taken hold. 2 good seasons, of which he did nothing in the others, and this is the coach we want? smh. Where was this article last year? or during any of his 8-8 seasons? how the writer has a very short memory.

Oh...I see:

e862e73912bdc6fd23a47213c25f223c.jpg

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
has a long way to go in my opinion, but there does seem to be progress

learning to coach is a process too lol

CCBoy

Reaction score
has a long way to go in my opinion, but there does seem to be progress

learning to coach is a process too lol

I see...it's much easier to blame than point to long developing goals and giving credit where due.

03c00242af3ee23bcf81c6e263b93830.jpg

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Oh...I see:

e862e73912bdc6fd23a47213c25f223c.jpg

where was this article last year? Could i have quoted the record last year on this website to back up my negative but factual posts? no. So where were the people last year when this franchise was an embarrassment because 1 player went down?

CCBoy

Reaction score
where was this article last year? Could i have quoted the record last year on this website to back up my negative but factual posts? no. So where were the people last year when this franchise was an embarrassment because 1 player went down?

Couldn't figure out the drunk at the bar...huh?

Last season gave the Cowboys, both Zeke Elliott and Dak Prescott through the position in this past draft. And good scouting.

The team is NOW the top team in the NFC...act as though you can't see now because of being disgruntled for the past.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Saints had much better record then Dallas over that span including playoff wins. Payton 6-4 in playoffs. It is laughable to think Garrett has anything over Payton. The roster you praise Garrett for building over 8 years has accomplished almost nothing. I will take playoff seasons, wins and rings over supposed roster-building. Lastly, if Garrett is building this roster, than he is a part of overpaying it is he not? Bryant? Romo? Crawford? Carr?
I'll take the roster build towards a solid future rather than the slow death that Payton has that team riding. Wake me the next time he actually has a winning season.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Couldn't figure out the drunk at the bar...huh?

Last season gave the Cowboys, both Zeke Elliott and Dak Prescott through the position in this past draft. And good scouting.

The team is NOW the top team in the NFC...act as though you can't see now because of being disgruntled for the past.

LOL, so because we sucked last year, than that makes this season better because we got a better draft spot. So im proven right again, get Garrett talent and he can coach a team, get a bad year under Garrett and as long as the pick is high he ll do well. Wow. What logic.

I found the drunk. give you 3 guesses who it is.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
After 6 years, he finally won me over with the gif of him saying "Let's go for it. Win the game."

ChooChoo73

Reaction score
I'll take the roster build towards a solid future rather than the slow death that Payton has that team riding. Wake me the next time he actually has a winning season.

Lots of champions have been crowned while you have been waiting for some roster build including the Saints. Lots of playoff games have been played and won including by the Saints. I love the Cowboys but you and the previous poster arguing Garrett over Payton have zero data or perspective that even brings Garrett close to Payton's class. How did you like Garrett's roster last year that went 4-12?

CCBoy

Reaction score
Lots of champions have been crowned while you have been waiting for some roster build including the Saints. Lots of playoff games have been played and won including by the Saints. I love the Cowboys but you and the previous poster arguing Garrett over Payton have zero data or perspective that even brings Garrett close to Payton's class. How did you like Garrett's roster last year that went 4-12?

You do realize that the above statement follows THIS team going 7-1, and atop of the NFC?

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Not as much as I like this year's which is making Payton's look like a JV team in comparison. You?