News: Dallas Cowboys Must Cash in on This Season

Kevinicus

Reaction score
What does it matter? Tony said it himself it's about a meritocracy. He actually earned that starting job because of what he did on the field translating to wins. I feel you are diminishing what he was able to provide for "the team". Looks like this "Safe low risk football" got us 11 straight wins as opposed to "dangerous high risk football" never getting us that with Tony. I will take safe low risk football any day if it means locking up 1 seed with 2 games left to play at end of season any day.

You say this tripe and say I was taking one comment out of context? I don't think so.

You do know why Tony did what he did, don't you? Hint: Not because he thinks Dak is better.

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
You say this tripe and say I was taking one comment out of context? I don't think so.

You do know why Tony did what he did, don't you? Hint: Not because he thinks Dak is better.

Tripe? Whatever u want to call the Truth hurting. *** that high risk stuff if it always gets us to 8n8 or a 12-4 or 4-12 never a 1st seed locked up with 2 games to go.

Take your glam with no substance elsewhere. Dang millenials and their reddit philosophy.

Donny, you're out of your element.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Tripe? Whatever u want to call the Truth hurting. *** that high risk stuff if it always gets us to 8n8 or a 12-4 or 4-12 never a 1st seed locked up with 2 games to go.

Take your glam with no substance elsewhere. Dang millenials and their reddit philosophy.

Donny, you're out of your element.

You don't have a clue what you're talking about. You're a Rromo hater trying to pretend to be a Cowboys fan. That high risk garbage is just that, garbage. And pay attention. The Cowboys have been 13-3 and 12-4 with Romo as QB and been the 1 seed.

How about I start saying crap like, "Dak never had the Cowboys at 12-1?"

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
You don't have a clue what you're talking about. You're a Rromo hater trying to pretend to be a Cowboys fan. That high risk garbage is just that, garbage. And pay attention. The Cowboys have been 13-3 and 12-4 with Romo as QB and been the 1 seed.

How about I start saying crap like, "Dak never had the Cowboys at 12-1?"

66173155.jpg

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
*yawn* Overrated movie. But you might want to look in the mirror.

It's the truth. Its fitting regardles on your preference of a movie. Everything you've assumed about me is false so it fits.

Got any more wrong assumptions? I'm sure you can pull more out.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Them Boys are deep. So what if Dak chokes, we got Romo on the bench to save the day. So what if Zeke breaks a leg, we got DMac and Almo on the bench to step up and keep hammering the rock. We never had these things before so we are going to get it done, we are going to the SB and we should all just relax and just enjoy the ride. Greatness is about to be realized in Dallas. The Pats ain't got nothing on them Boyz!.

Deep_South

Reaction score
The Cowboys haven't even been in an NFC championship game since the 1995 season, and we are the number one seed this year. We don't have to go up north and play in the cold, we're at home where the weather will not be a factor. We have a great offense, a great kicker, and we actually have a defense that is stingy with points. The crowd will be on our side. The only traveling we'll have to do is make one trip down to Houston.

So, now is the time, if for no other reason than I am just really tired of waiting for next year, and we only need to win one game to get to the NFC Championship Game, and a win there to get to the Super Bowl. If not now, when?

The stars are aligned for the Cowboys, so this is the season to bring home the Lombardi. Number six, but number one in this century.

sean10mm

Reaction score
I mean, you take every opportunity you can get. Obviously they're going to try to win this year's Super Bowl. I guess I'm not sure what the argument is even about? Do people think the team will try to win less because they might be good next year, too?

The Natural

Reaction score
There are no guarantees in the NFL that your team will continue to improve in the future & that you'll have plenty of chances at getting to & winning a Super Bowl. You make the best of the chance you get WHEN you get it.
Exactly, which is why all the posts a week ago about this being a successful season if we get sent packing next Sunday puzzled me. Unless you're one of the maybe two perennial contenders we've had in the league for the last decade, there is no guarantee this comes back around for a while. Have to capitalize on it now.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
It's the truth. Its fitting regardles on your preference of a movie. Everything you've assumed about me is false so it fits.

Got any more wrong assumptions? I'm sure you can pull more out.

You've proven my "assumptions" (not what they are, but okay) correct.

You don't know the truth at all, about anything, it appears.

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
You've proven my "assumptions" (not what they are, but okay) correct.

You don't know the truth at all, about anything, it appears.

uh if u go back before Dak you will find that i often defend Romo every chance I get. I am whats got a Romo apologist (i know dumb term but u get the point). But I am also rational and practical. Dak has proven himself. I miss Romo too but Dak did help carry this team to 11 straight wins and got us to 12-2 (not counting last game thanks sanchez).

So yes your assumptions are FALSE in thinking i hate Romo. Its more like I hate making bad moves because it "feels good" or because "it just seems right" when the proof not to do so is on the field with a performance something called "meritocracy" which Romo agrees with. So yes FALSE assumptions. You're just very defensive in thinking that everyone not bowing down to Romo over anything no matter what is a Romo hater. FALSE!
you came into this with the wrong strategy. hence out of your element.

Dont be so defensive in trying to pick a fight where no one called you. Don't assume. Try and understand first before you march in.

followthestar

Reaction score
I can recall, being a fan since '71 at the ripe age of 15, a number of championship runs. It got so I would pay only half a mind to the regular season, knowing as I did that we would be in the playoffs year after year. It seems so long ago now, those dynasties of the 70s and 90s. But I do recollect the feeling I had then - this team could go all the way. And with the core players we have, I EXPECT to be in the playoffs again next year, and the year after that. And soon enough, we'll have the 6th...