Dallas Cowboys QB Dak Prescott leads NFL in a statistical look at measuring level of clutch'

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak’s no Mahomes by any stretch but he’s the only person who struggled in that game as you pointed out. Dak’s led many comebacks late in games to only lose because the defense couldn’t stop the other teams.
Yes....we can ask Romo how that goes!

blueblood70

Reaction score
People are just frustrated with Dak's postseason performances but if you look closely....everyone on the team plays bad against the top teams.

NICK BOSA said in 2021 that our tackles were beatable. He held his word. He made Tyron Smith look bad twice. Tyron who statistically in the regular season has one of the highest win rates.

Parsons has 1 sack in the postseason and it was against Tampa.

Diggs did his best to not win us the 2022 playoff game.

And Bland vs Green Bay proved he's just an overrated stat stuffer.

With pretty much every one of our acclaimed players looking like crap in the postseason, the QB generally follows suit. Elway looked like crap during with his mid career Broncos teams against the cream of the NFC crop because well......his teammates weren't good enough against the more dominant conference. Same scenario.
Dead on! :hammer: The expectations is our quarterback should be Superman he should be able to do something most quarterbacks can't do is Kerry A-Team that's not playing well in the big moments I mean he's supposed to overcome 11 penalties by his offensive line the fact that all the playoff losses and most of the big game losses that we've had in the regular season are running game our running backs are averaging under 3 yards per carry.. So how do defenses look at this they call it one-dimensional football all they have to do is take a four man line is enough to stop our run it's enough to get pressure and all they gotta do now is play heavy zone dirty up all the lanes and then have your receivers give up on the quarterback because he can't get the ball out on time because nobody's open and then they don't make any effort and then they pout on the sidelines or they drop a bunch of passes were they perfect passes no but I watch a lot of football and most are not I mean how do you get top 10 wide receiver catches every week those are off target passes these receivers are catching because that's what they're paid to do if it's in your catch area you should be catching the football so how do they make highlight reels the only way highlight reels are happening is because of plays that are not perfect.. Happens with big hits I mean you see guys just didn't get blocked so now he's gotta open lane to go hit somebody, somebody didn't do their job IE blown assignments and unforced errors creates the highlight reel plays.

But sure playing the quarterback it's easy he makes the most money he's the most talked about player in the media so hey let's go to him he should be able to do it by himself literally hard to throw a football when guys aren't getting open not getting over quick enough or like CD Lam goes off script when it was too late in the Green Bay game for Prescott already released the ball where CD was supposed to go and he goes up field instead ball gets picked up all of a sudden it's quarterback fall even though it's a timing play and when you release the ball to a spot the guy stops his route this is what happens... All that talk about those two interceptions and Brandon cooks he got interfered with twice on the same play but didn't even really make an effort to break up the play but he was being grabbed made him go down to the ground then he was grabbed on the back shoulder to pull him away from the ball he got picked off I mean when you're trying to make plays where there's no plays that's when bad things happen...​

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Facts are facts. Deal with it like a man or whine. Your choice.
I'd say you often don't deal with facts too well either.

Like when I said Diggs owned Dak at a practice. boy did you whine like a baby!

It was practice...and for fun, of course. And it was funny. And factual.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I'd say you often don't deal with facts too well either.

Like when I said Diggs owned Dak at a practice. boy did you whine like a baby!

It was practice...and for fun, of course. And it was funny. And factual.
For sure, you invest inclusive of CNN. Facts aren't what you reference. Try bias dominated opinion. Holding onto a positive view and stating so is still fully allowed for a fan. He's still a fan and OK in my book.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I was just giving an example of how whatever Dak does seems to "not count or don't matter"…
I think you’ve got Dak goggles on as this is a pure example of confirmation bias.

I don’t really care about this kind of proclamation. I was talking about this particular instance of measure for stats:

“Below is a study that was done on third and fourth downs within 14-point games, as well as any down in the fourth quarter within 10-point games. You can see how overcoming these obstacles would suggest that a quarterback is ‘clutch.’

Actually, no I can’t and it’s not obvious how it is.

Bagman

Reaction score
Well......... according to these metrics......we should be paying Dak $75 million a year

shabazz

Reaction score
Beat me to it, of course.

It's so obvious.
What's even better is to keep posting every 3 pages complaining that the thread is getting too long......if someone does it enough they can add an entire page just with their own complaints posts

It's actually part for the course here.....oh crap, now I've added to it too.

shabazz

Reaction score
Well......... according to these metrics......we should be paying Dak $75 million a year
Not Dakota specific but the rest of the non quarterbacks should petition the players union to create a QB salary cap.....when one slice of pie keeps getting bigger someone else's slice has to get smaller.....the team cap increase isn't matching the qbs increases

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo was never paid as a Cheerleader and received tons of respect as a player and afterwards. Pretty good stats are remaining.
"romo received tons of respect"? Did I read that right? Your writing style is a little but eccentric...so maybe I didn't.

There is proof all over the place Romo never garnered the credit he earned. Even to this day people crucify him for a botched hold he should never have been in on. From 2007. Insane!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For sure, you invest inclusive of CNN. Facts aren't what you reference. Try bias dominated opinion. Holding onto a positive view and stating so is still fully allowed for a fan. He's still a fan and OK in my book.
Did your AI generated comment go haywire? Just say what you mean in plain language...not couched in inane subtleties.

Any fan that berates and insults other good fans so often..is not "OK in my book". It's a big holier-than-thou ego trip. Not cool at all.

Doesn't really matter either.

Brax

Reaction score
Ok that's fair. So according to what you're saying, it's definitely fair to say that Nick Foles and Trent Dilpher were more clutch than Dan Marino and Jim Kelly because Dilpher and Foles led their teams to Superbowl victories where Marino and Kelly weren't able to.... correct?
Too much, tell us how many SB or CCGs did Mr clutch play in the last 8 seasons.

Brax

Reaction score
Did your AI generated comment go haywire? Just say what you mean in plain language...not couched in inane subtleties.

Any fan that berates and insults other good fans so often..is not "OK in my book". It's a big holier-than-thou ego trip. Not cool at all.

Don’t waste your time, insulting people is his joy it seems, his disjointed replies tell us all we need to know. Have no idea how he is allowed to keep insulting people.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

He’s not insulting good fans.

plasticman

Reaction score
Is it possible that the score can be influenced by the number of times a QB is forced into "clutch" situations?

I've noticed that those QB's generally considered to be the best appear in the middle of the list, guys like Purdy, Burrow, Stafford, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.