Dallas Cowboys Trade CeeDee Lamb? Jerry Jones Questions 'Value' Of Paying Star WR

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My God, you're fickle. Dude out up 1700 plus yds all season.

Everyone had a bad playoff game. Does one game determine your worth for ever and ever? Without the other 17 games, which he dominated, we wouldn't even get to that one game!!
WOOF WOOF.......................

Creeper

Reaction score
"4 or 5 players for CeeDee". What is $30 million divided by 5? $6 million, Jerry's magic number in free agency. That is his Rubicon but he won't cross it. Jerry thinks the team could be better of with a handful of $6 million players than CeeDee. This is a big change in Jerry's philosophy of overpaying his own players while saying he wouldn't overpay free agents. It looks like now, he won't be paying anybody.

But he is looking at it wrong. Jerry should be asking what draft picks he could get for Cee Dee who has one more year on his rookie deal. This is a good year to be drafting WRs in the first round. If he is not going to pay CeeDee he may as well trade him and get something in return.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
He doesn't want to pay Ceedee $30M a year. I believe the 5th year option is $18M this year and if they tag him next year its $22M, so there's no reason to pay him $30M. I think that's what Jerry is saying, whoever pays Ceedee $30M a year will have to use him all the time to justify that amount of money. So here we go again, I see Dallas stringing Lamb along thinking they are real contract negotiations and ultimately offering him something around $22M a year. Ceedee could hold out, but I'm not sure that ever works out, plus its hard to give up $18M guaranteed (although an agent would probably tell him he's giving up $50M guaranteed by playing).

jujoboys

Reaction score
It sounds like Jerry forgot about 2018. This is the same philosophy he used in 2018 when we went into the season with a bunch of JAGS at WR. We started the season 3-3 before they realized we needed a true stud WR. That's when we shelled out a 1st round pick for Amari Cooper. The acquisition of Cooper ended up saving that season. 4 JAGs don't equal a stud WR. Just ask Philly how good Jalen Hurts was before they acquired AJ Brown and ask Tennessee what happened to their passing game after they traded AJ Brown and went with a bunch of JAGs. As stacked as SF's roster is they went through a 3 game losing streak last year without Deebo Samuels. There are very few QBs in the NFL that can win without stud WRs. We don't have Patrick Mahomes behind center.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I said Dak would be extended but never said it was a guarantee. We all know it’s going to be very difficult extending Dak, CeeDee and Parsons. It’s looking like Dak could be the odd man out if he doesn’t lead the team deep into the playoffs next season or win a SB. Dak’s playoff record and his inability to get the Cowboys over the hump has the Joneses hesitant about committing to the kind of money it’s going to take to extend him. The fans aren’t happy with him and many who cover the game are having some doubts about him when it comes to the playoffs. He’s been great in the regular season but the playoffs have been a different story.
Why do you think that is? (The playoff story). Not sure i have seen or noted that kind of descrepency before.(him)

jujoboys

Reaction score
He doesn't want to pay Ceedee $30M a year. I believe the 5th year option is $18M this year and if they tag him next year its $22M, so there's no reason to pay him $30M. I think that's what Jerry is saying, whoever pays Ceedee $30M a year will have to use him all the time to justify that amount of money. So here we go again, I see Dallas stringing Lamb along thinking they are real contract negotiations and ultimately offering him something around $22M a year. Ceedee could hold out, but I'm not sure that ever works out, plus its hard to give up $18M guaranteed (although an agent would probably tell him he's giving up $50M guaranteed by playing).
Over the Cap has the projected franchise tag at $24.8 million for WRs next year. However, that could go up if players like Justin Jefferson, Ja'maar Chase, Tee Higgins, Brandon Aiyuk, etc start getting signed to extensions that average above that amount.

rags747

Reaction score
There ya go .... I made my ugly mug my avatar ..... Better get a good look quick Jerry boy ..... Gonna change it back soon...... will you do the same?
You’re a Big dude! I won’t mess with you anymore !

rags747

Reaction score
You know what, at this point I sign Micah, everyone else we should move on. KC had Stugotz for receivers, not worth the money. Show me a receiver that has won a SB. Change my mind…

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
CeeDee is about as good of a #1 WR as one could hope for.

The interesting question is if it would be better to allocate those resources elsewhere.

Dallas's offense would have really struggled last season without Lamb.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Maybe GM Jerruh trades CD for a top 5 pick and gets a QB. This then gets the Dak trade conversation started.

deerhunter11

Reaction score
the hens have come home to roost guys. Jerry looks and acts like a Child doing macaroni art or something. The note pad he was writing on was nothing more than actual squiggly lines and circles. Anyone catch that? Dude is a fraud and is only being used as a front man by Stevie. I believe Jerry holds very little in the way of power on the player front. I think we are witnessing Stevie Jones and what we can expect from now on. YIKES.
I think you have nailed it.I have been a die hard Cowboys fan for 50 years. The leadership of our beloved Dallas Cowboys is severely lacking.

deerhunter11

Reaction score
This whole “draft and develop” philosophy falls apart when you refuse to pay your guys that produce and retain the star players you develop.

This FO cannot get out of it’s own way. This offseason is exposing the depths of their incompetence
That is a fact.

deerhunter11

Reaction score
The FO's ineptitude is driving themselves and their team into a corner they can't extract themselves from. It's no pretty picture! :facepalm:

At this point in time, the upcoming season certainly appears to be one that won't see this team enjoying a pleasant journey to a finish.

Poor negotiating of their contracts and shaky management has finally taken its toll on the Cowboys' organization. Brace yourselves!!!
True very very true .And it is sad to watch my beloved team being mismanaged . And it is getting worse not better.It's beyond belief.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
Yeah, that distended belly is not good; usually a precursor to cancer. Obviously not wishing that on him or anyone, but I've seen it before.
And his salt shaker is never far away from any meal he consumes. The wine and liquor have pickled his liver I would imagine but I am not a Dr.. Cancer at his age is prevalent.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
Every year stare down Dak is saved by his WR. The same thing happened with Cooper in 2018 that happened with Lamb this year. Throw to your elite WR on the first progression in man coverage against bum secondaries.. the moment they play against a good and disciplined defense that can handle CeeDee, Dak does what he does, which is panics and it’s a chain reaction of ugliness.
Welp if that is the case need to get Dak off the no trade clause and get him moved and start a young Lance this year keeping Cooper as insurance and draft a qb if a good one drops. Simple right? Naw, it is more complicated than that but doable if he would cooperate.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
We still don't know what the beef was between Duck and Ceedee early in the Green Bay game. Remember the shot of Fat Mike trying to console Ceedee, when he told him post-game burgers were on him? If Ceedee has an issue with Duck, Jerry will make it right for his QB. That's why Cooper is gone. Micah isn't happy with losing either, so he's probably as good as gone, too. It will be Duck and scrubs for the foreseeable future.