Dallas Cowboys Trade CeeDee Lamb? Jerry Jones Questions 'Value' Of Paying Star WR

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
His mom talked ish on Dak and Ceedee seemed frustrated with him against Green Bay. Jerry has decided to move on in order to protect his adopted son.

Flamma

Reaction score
I can't remember ever losing this many players and making no attempts to replace them.
The number of players doesn't matter. They'll just up the number of free agents they'll sign after the draft. They had a similar exodus in 2018 I believe. They don't deviate from their SOP. They stubbornly stick to it. It's just more noticeable this year.

Maybe they will let Dak play out his last year at 55M cap hit. That's basically punting the season. But then again, they basically punt every season that they don't try to improve upon the last season.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Maybe, just maybe Jerry has realized that our "star" players may not be as great as people say. Maybe they are not worth the contracts they have been getting. Maybe it is time to rethink how we do business. Can you imagine paying all that money to D Flaw for years and years and all you get is a locker room cancer, a couple of run stops and a magic disappearing act at the end of every season. Same can be said for Zack Martin, Tyron Smith, Zeke, Diggs and Dak. Now we are heading down the same road with Parsons and CD. At some point the cycle needs to stop. Many of these guys have proven themselves to be bums. Some of them are looking like they are gonna be bums. Why do we hold ourselves hostage to guys who appears to be miles away from championship contenders?

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Sad times when i am jealous of Washington. Their new owners may or may not be successful, but at least they have hope. Must be great.

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
I can't imagine anyone who watched that Green Bay playoff game thinking to themselves 'yep, i want to pay Cee Dee Lamb 30 million a year'.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
No big deal, Jerry only traded first round picks 3x for a franchise receiver. He gets one in the late first round of the draft, and ponders if he's worth keeping?

This is just more cheap Jones talk. Here comes the CeeDee fight. They don't want to pay.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yeah you also told us Dak not getting an extension wasn’t possible. And here we are

Now I’m not saying we will trade lamb..but the level of ineptitude of this franchise knows no bounds
I said Dak would be extended but never said it was a guarantee. We all know it’s going to be very difficult extending Dak, CeeDee and Parsons. It’s looking like Dak could be the odd man out if he doesn’t lead the team deep into the playoffs next season or win a SB. Dak’s playoff record and his inability to get the Cowboys over the hump has the Joneses hesitant about committing to the kind of money it’s going to take to extend him. The fans aren’t happy with him and many who cover the game are having some doubts about him when it comes to the playoffs. He’s been great in the regular season but the playoffs have been a different story.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Just look at how much older and feeble Jerry looks in this picture compared to the last few years.

GJejmaAWEAAsVq3

If his body looks like that ......... think about what type of shape his brain is in.

Wont be long now
Definitely past his prime. Needs to be cut, he has a no trade clause, and no trade value anyways.

I would even gamble like GM Jethro did on Trance as Dak's replacement. Maybe we could get a GM from.......the WNBA to replace him.

Could it be any worse???

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So why is team owner Jerry Jones hinting at a question about Lamb's contractual value?

"He's out there and he's more valuable than anybody else," Jones said on Tuesday. "But that valuable, to have to give up four or five players to have him, you have to get that reconciled. That's what I'm trying to say. It's a lot quicker and easier said than done."

"Give up four or five players?'' What? More Jerry ...

"Whoever has CeeDee, and I hope it's us, they're going to use him," Jones said. "You have to. You just have to get that kind of mileage out of him. ...''

"Whoever has CeeDee''? What? Jerry - YOU HAVE HIM!

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/dall...questions-value-of-paying-dak-prescott-weapon
CD is NOT a top 5 WR in the NFL.
Hopefully, Jerry confirms this and does not give this above-average WR a massive deal.
Putting up massive stats against garbage teams says nothing to me.
Where is he when it counts?
Does anybody see him???????????
If he's not dropping the ball that is?

Chasing6

Reaction score
Hopefully, Jerry confirms this and does not give this above-average WR a massive deal.
But, but, CD sells a lot of jerseys.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Yeah, that distended belly is not good; usually a precursor to cancer. Obviously not wishing that on him or anyone, but I've seen it before.
Yup. That's exactly what happened to me mum God rest her soul.

Staubacher

Reaction score
This is the usual Jones front office public negotiation with all star players. They plant anonymous sources (who are SJ and JJ) who will “leak” quotes about the player and what he’s “really worth”. It’s the Jones FO playbook.

And btw they usually lose and pay the player what the market dictates. They are really bad at this.
Except for Dak. Jerrah talks him up as a Super Bowl champion

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
My God, you're fickle. Dude out up 1700 plus yds all season.

Everyone had a bad playoff game. Does one game determine your worth for ever and ever? Without the other 17 games, which he dominated, we wouldn't even get to that one game!!