Dallas does miss Zeke

CowboysRule

Reaction score
It has nothing to do with Zeke. Pollard is not Zeke. You can't run him directly into the middle of the defense and expect him to push the pile. It reminds me of back in the early 2000's when we had Troy Hambrick and we kept trying to run him wide for some reason. He was a big back, not a speed back. They need to get Pollard outside the line, whether that be a toss or a short pass/screen. That's where he will excel. Dowdle or Luepke would be better options if you just want to run it directly up the middle constantly.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Not in the Red Zone.

But it should be becoming painfully clear how good he was at mitigating losses and getting some of the hidden yards that TP20 can't.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Say what you will but Dallas misses Zeke badly. His 12 tds sure helped shore up that redzone and helped make Pollard elite.
They don't. Most of his TDs were on the 1 yard line. We're not in those situations and failing. He has no affect on Pollard post injury performance. He would be getting bricked out there as well.

RomoIsGod

Reaction score
Or they missed on the draft in getting a RB over a linebacker that isn't going to play or a tight end that might as well be on IR too.
Agreed. Didn't need to wait til the 6th to draft Vaughn. The guy is just too small to play in the NFL. He's getting trucked out there.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Say what you will but Dallas misses Zeke badly. His 12 tds sure helped shore up that redzone and helped make Pollard elite.

I agree, or some sort of short yard back. This was one of about two or three concerns I had about this team. I figured we had a good side, but I didn't trust our RB room. Maybe they should get Luepke more involved *shrugs*.

erod

Reaction score
Agreed. Didn't need to wait til the 6th to draft Vaughn. The guy is just too small to play in the NFL. He's getting trucked out there.
He's going to have a good career, but he is a weapon for a balanced offense.

Teams now sell out against the run against us and put the ball in Dak's hands. Every game.

So Deuce isn't a good fit here.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
YES BUT WE DON"T MISS HIS 16 MILLION DOLLAR PRICE TAGS FOR ONLY BEING A REDZONE TOUCHDOWN MACHINE! Anything else, he's doing what pollard is already doing before getting to the red zone, 1 yard gain, -2 yard gain, 2 yard gain, 1 yard gain

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It's not that simple. If you want Zeke it costs you $18M a year.

So looking at it like that the answer is easily NO Dallas doesn't miss Zeke badly.

Additionally, did you watch the last 6 games last year? His 1.8 ypa isn't missed one bit.
I'd venture to say you're 100% correct in this post you're offering. It's my fervent hope that MM will see what Luepke has to offer in regards to his ability to replace Zeke with a power type of RB who will very likely serve us well. Here's hoping McCarthy sees the light and trusts Luepke enough to give him the reps that Zeke might have had if he were still with the Cowboys. I think Luepke is someone who is capable of replacing Zeke quite admirably if given the opportunity to do so. His play up to this point certainly appears to be sufficient to deserve this team's trust, imho.

Last edited:

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
It's not that simple. If you want Zeke it costs you $18M a year.

So looking at it like that the answer is easily NO Dallas doesn't miss Zeke badly.

Additionally, did you watch the last 6 games last year? His 1.8 ypa isn't missed one bit.
You're on fire this morning!!!!!!!!!!