Dallas does miss Zeke

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I think they miss a healthy full-speed Pollard more. Not the same back this year after the injury. Numbers bear that out. It's not just from carrying the load as the #1. They can put Rico and Luepke in more if they want a more physical goal line back, or just trade for one, they're not that expensive.

stiletto

Reaction score
Zeke would have less yards this year than he has in NE. The Offensive scheme here is terrible and as bad as Zeke was the last couple years, he'd be that much worse. He's better off playing elsewhere.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They don't. Most of his TDs were on the 1 yard line. We're not in those situations and failing. He has no affect on Pollard post injury performance. He would be getting bricked out there as well.
If you think that's all he did you might not know football. Only looking at the bling and not the digging of the ditch.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
It seems like McCarthy does, because he keeps running Pollard into the middle of the defense and expecting success like you could get from Zeke before he got worn down.
Are you saying Zeke's 1 yard runs into the back of Martin prettier than those of Pollard's?

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
If you think that's all he did you might not know football. Only looking at the bling and not the digging of the ditch.
Ok, you subscribe the the tired 'wearing down defenses" talking point I presume? Or are you referring to pass blocking? On the later, you may have a point. The former, not so much.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
It seems like McCarthy does, because he keeps running Pollard into the middle of the defense and expecting success like you could get from Zeke before he got worn down.
This is some Jason Garrett level ineptitude. Remember in 2015 when Tyron's backup started the Atlanta game and gave up like 8 or 9 sacks by himself? And we did zero to counter or adjust. This is that. A completely different RB yet we are trying to use him like Zeke. Maddening.

I was really on board with Mike going into this season but so far this season, he seems he has regressed.

plasticman

Reaction score
Thinking that Pollard could man the RB position without a quality 2nd option was absolutely insane.

Even if it looked like he was handling it, he would be so beat up by the time the playoffs came around he would be ineffective.

There is still time for the Cowboys to make some type of deal to get another proven RB.

SackMaster

Reaction score
The issue this year has been the run blocking.

Outside of maybe Tyler Smith, not a single OLineman this year has been consistent in the running game. And the TEs have been below average, to say the least.

It's so bad that teams don't even have to "load the box" to stop the run and can continually keep BOTH safeties back and still stop the run.

And on the 4th-&-1 against the Chargers, the OLine was stalled, or even lost ground when Dak was stuffed.

Until the run blocking issues are resolved, the only RB that I know that could do something behind this line right now is Prime Barry Sanders. But that guy is long gone.

JMHO

stiletto

Reaction score
The issue this year has been the run blocking.

Outside of maybe Tyler Smith, not a single OLineman this year has been consistent in the running game. And the TEs have been below average, to say the least.

It's so bad that teams don't even have to "load the box" to stop the run and can continually keep BOTH safeties back and still stop the run.

And on the 4th-&-1 against the Chargers, the OLine was stalled, or even lost ground when Dak was stuffed.

Until the run blocking issues are resolved, the only RB that I know that could do something behind this line right now is Prime Barry Sanders. But that guy is long gone.

JMHO
There's not much to like about the Offense in Dallas. Went from one of the best to one of the worst with the same players, pretty much.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
I think they miss a healthy full-speed Pollard more. Not the same back this year after the injury. Numbers bear that out. It's not just from carrying the load as the #1. They can put Rico and Luepke in more if they want a more physical goal line back, or just trade for one, they're not that expensive.
:hammer:

This is the key. We do NOT miss Zeke. We could just use a more physical back inside the 5 if necessary. What's missing is 2022 Pollard. He's still awesome but clearly he was more of a weapon with less of a work load/pre injury. Asante Samuel Jr may be pretty fast, but I don't see Pollard getting walked down like that last year.