Dallas does miss Zeke

erod

Reaction score
It's not that simple. If you want Zeke it costs you $18M a year.

So looking at it like that the answer is easily NO Dallas doesn't miss Zeke badly.

Additionally, did you watch the last 6 games last year? His 1.8 ypa isn't missed one bit.
This team can't score. It can't convert short yardage. It can't pick up blitzes.

They miss Zeke badly.

aikemirv

Reaction score
It seems like McCarthy does, because he keeps running Pollard into the middle of the defense and expecting success like you could get from Zeke before he got worn down.
Dowdle runs strong up the middle - He should use him a bit more. Giving those carries to Pollard is useless and just wears him down. No reason Pollard should have 20 carries in a game.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Say what you will but Dallas misses Zeke badly. His 12 tds sure helped shore up that redzone and helped make Pollard elite.
No you miss Zeke.
There hasn't been situations in the game where Zeke would make a difference, the redzone issues aren't on the RB. Also, I'd take Hunter Luepke over Zeke as a short yardage RB.

Creeper

Reaction score
We don't miss Zeke, although I do think Zeke would still be useful in some situations, just not for $15 million.

What they miss is an offensive line that can move people off the ball and create gaps for the RBs to run through. Pollard can run up the middle if you give him some room to run. But you watch the offensive line run block and they really aren't beating anyone. I watched the Chargers game again and focused on the OL. I have no idea what is wrong but there was no running room anywhere. The blocking has to get better.