Dallas does miss Zeke

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Pollard - 96 carries, 370 yards, 3.9 ypg, 2 rushing tds.
Zeke - 49 carries, 193 yards, 3.9 ypg, 1 rushing td.

Just for fun, let's double Zeke's carries (opportunities) and what do we get?
98 carries, 386 yards, 3.9 ypg, 2 rushing tds.

Gee, looks suspiciously similar to our "star" running back that most everybody was just itching to drop Zeke for. And I would also submit Dallas' line and team is superior to the Pats' line, so Zeke's doing well for his circumstance.

Not saying if Dallas had Zeke instead of Pollard, they'd be back to Zeke's 2016-18 levels, but Zeke cleared waivers, Dallas could have signed him for a reasonable amount and used him judiciously.

Oh well, it's water under the bridge, we can pull for both Pollard in Dallas and Zeke in New England. I like them both....
Now compare them when they played behind the same o-line and under the same scheme.

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The biggest misconception being ignorantly forwarded is that somehow the offense is struggling to put the ball in the endzone due to Pollard.

The reality is this team is struggling in the REDZONE (i.e. 20 yards in). We haven’t had a bunch of goaline situations 3 yards in.

Let me slap you with reality. Zeke was not helping us from 10-yards out.
:hammer:

quickccc

Reaction score
I certainly agree we need another RB here with some power but we could find someone who gave us the same 3.8 yards per carry Zeke did last year at a fraction of the cost.

Zeke was a really good player here for several years but we needed to move on from him. I think his career at this point is at an end. There are younger, cheaper players who could give us what he gave us last year and more that are in the future not the past.

I was mystified during the draft last year why the Cowboys did not draft a RB on Day 2. There were several good young RBs available for the taking like Roschon Johnson, Tyjae Spears, or Kendre Miller.
Backup types ?

I'd like to see Deuce under a new different, vastly much better, creative offensive play designer/caller
cuz we simply do not have that here under McCarthy.

Sure he's undersized but he has run/catch skill traits, instinctive and elusive game that could be
an asset to this offense, and being a very short, hard to locate target is a huge advantage - - if we had
the right coaches and scheme to best utilize this ...

But like several other offensive players, ...ala Pollard and Cooks, da Deuce is gonna be yet
another one that is gonna be so subdued and limited - Vaugh in fact is gonna be out of the picture this year, I fear.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Sure he's undersized but he has run/catch skill traits, instinctive and elusive game that could be
an asset to this offense, and being a very short, hard to locate target is a huge advantage
So why was he undrafted until his daddy's team selected him, in the 6th round?

Answer: He's too small for the NFL. At best he's useful as a niche player, to be used sparingly.

I like the kid, nice story about his being drafted by his daddy's team, but please, let's be real here....

JustChip

Reaction score
Knew we would and said it all offseason.

Zeke still does really important things. He was overpaid, but hard to replace.
I don’t think he was hard to replace; it’s just that they didn’t replace him. Not only that, they didn’t really try very hard to.

Loso86

Reaction score
Say what you will but Dallas misses Zeke badly. His 12 tds sure helped shore up that redzone and helped make Pollard elite.
We absolutely do, I've been saying 20 is a great compliment but NOT a 3 down back. It's diff when he has fresh legs and no beating

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
It mystifies we why we didn't pick up an RB this offseason. Everyone says RBs don't matter and they're devalued... well then if you do want an RB, it's a buyer's market. Talent has never been cheaper.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
That's not the point...
How is it not the point?

You’re literally comparing Zeke to Pollard in terms of stats this season, but it’s apples-to-oranges.

If you want the closest thing to apples-to-apples comparison, you’d look at last year (most recent) when they played behind the same line, in the same scheme, against the same opponents, under the same conditions, et cetera.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
We don't miss Zeke at all. We miss having a quality starting hoss RB which Zeke hasn't been for several years.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How is it not the point?

You’re literally comparing Zeke to Pollard in terms of stats this season, but it’s apples-to-oranges.

If you want the closest thing to apples-to-apples comparison, you’d look at last year (most recent) when they played behind the same line, in the same scheme, against the same opponents, under the same conditions, et cetera.
No..you blamed zeke for poor running last year.
Now that Tony isn't doing any better....you are mad.
Suck it up buttercup

sacase

Reaction score
Zeke had a 60 yard TD called back last week. He looked like old Zeke.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
The Cowboys also miss Zeke as a pass protector. One of the most overlooked traits an NFL running back must possess is what he does when the football is not in his hands.

Why they didn't just tear up his contract and give him a new one based off incentives escapes me. The deal he took with the Patriots could have been done here.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
No..you blamed zeke for poor running last year.
Now that Tony isn't doing any better....you are mad.
Suck it up buttercup
What aren’t you able to compute fanboy? Zeke was a middling running back last year.

How’d Zeke and Pollard compare last season under the same conditions?

Go vacate the forum again like you did heeehawing about Zeke’s “breakout” 80 yard game.

:lmao:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What aren’t you able to compute fanboy? Zeke was a middling running back last year.

How’d Zeke and Pollard compare last season under the same conditions?

Go vacate the forum again like you did heeehawing about Zeke’s “breakout” 80 yard game.

:lmao:
Lol...you are s o soft...wow.