Dallas Mavericks Thread

juck

Reaction score
DFWJC;4976183 said:
Well take a win.
Now three games out and climbing.
Mixed feeling right now though.

But Ive heard twice now that we have the best non US player since Dirk coming next year. Lol I even have mixed feelings on that too.
Who is it?

DFWJC

Reaction score
juck;4976694 said:
Who is it?
I know. I can't see how there can really be secrets about stuff like this with in today's world.
They call him the "LeBron of Europe". Donnie's words, second hand, not mine.
I don't buy it until I see it. Not the Lebron thing...because i know that can't be true...but any of it.
They don't make this stuff up, so I'm sure there is an actual player. I just doubt he's the best since Dirk. Still, I am curious who this guy is so we can look him up.

Unless we somehow already hold the rights to someone, I don't see how we have an advantage.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The Mavs are finding their footing and slowly working Dirk back into the mix.

Will be interesting to watch them around the trade deadline as Cuban promises they'll be active.

Collison and Mayo maturing this year into real NBA player is very important.

juck

Reaction score
I think Kaman ,Brandon Wright,Dojo, and probably more gonna get traded. Kaman definitely. Good O horrid defense. We play so much better with Elton at the 5 next to Dirk.At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Cubes pulled off Dwight in the offseason. Its not working for him in LA.

MC KAos

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4923984 said:
Way too early to be saying that. Dirk will be more than fine. Of course he wont be as dominant as the title run because the pieces around him fit perfectly that season. It allowed him to play the most efficient basketball of his life.

Cowboys&LakersFan;4923987 said:
The man has played two games. TWO GAMES.

At least wait a month before you say he's done.

I never said he is done, he just isn't at his prime anymore. he is still one of the best players in the league when healthy, but he won't dominate like he used to anymore

juck

Reaction score
MC KAos;4977635 said:
I never said he is done, he just isn't at his prime anymore. he is still one of the best players in the league when healthy, but he won't dominate like he used to anymore
Every year people say this lol. :laugh2:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
MC KAos;4979657 said:
every year since last year? :rolleyes:

It started before he won a title.

He was supposedly in decline then. Until he mutilated all those defenses in the playoffs.

He isn't relying on raw athleticism to be great. Just skill, size, conditioning. There's very little to believe he can't be effective at an elevated age.

He lacked quickness and speed when he entered the league at 19.

juck

Reaction score
jterrell;4980242 said:

He was supposedly in decline then. Until he mutilated all those defenses in the playoffs.

He isn't relying on raw athleticism to be great. Just skill, size, conditioning. There's very little to believe he can't be effective at an elevated age.

+1 Stop making sense

MC KAos

Reaction score
jterrell;4980242 said:

juck;4980322 said:
+1 Stop making sense

I dont know who was saying that then, I never heard anything about him declining. The criticism I heard of dirk was all about his mental toughness, not his skills declining. You guys won't agree with me and will acuse me of beig a hater, but it's just a fact of life, he isn't as good as he was in his prime anymore and won't be at that level ever again. You are dreaming if u think 2011 dirk will return for more than a chameo every once in a while

TheCowboy

Reaction score
Wow I haven't seen this thread in weeks lol I was wondering why nobody posted but on second thought I knew right away. I can't lie I am a Mavs fan but this year has been just blah. Not too much into basketball this year, mainly because the Mavs are horrible lol

DFWJC

Reaction score
Hang in there...it's getting better.

Plus all the non playoff team except the Mavs are stinking it up. And Houston is begging someone to take their playoff spot
It could get fun here in a week or two

Cythim

Benched
Reaction score
Don't worry, he's fine!

Weekend-at-Bernies.jpg

DFWJC

Reaction score
In the Dallas Morning News today the Mavs players said that although they all realize its way too early to pay much attention to the standings, Rick Carlisle never quits reminding them that "this is a Playoff Franchise".

The in no way want to be the team that ends the current 12 consecutive year playoff streak.

GO MAVS

juck

Reaction score
:laugh2:
MC KAos;4980382 said:
I dont know who was saying that then, I never heard anything about him declining. The criticism I heard of dirk was all about his mental toughness, not his skills declining. You guys won't agree with me and will acuse me of beig a hater, but it's just a fact of life, he isn't as good as he was in his prime anymore and won't be at that level ever again. You are dreaming if u think 2011 dirk will return for more than a chameo every once in a while
Ill remember this

MC KAos

Reaction score
juck;4981754 said:
:laugh2:
Ill remember this

Go ahead, but remember the part where I said that version of dirk will make chameos, much like 2003 Duncan shows up once every 15 games or so

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
We gotta be hovering around the record for most overtime games / most overtime losses.